Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: a question of morals

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    I think given the right situation,we all would do what is needed to feed and take care of those we love and care about.

But isn't that part of the reason most of us found this site? I mean to learn how to find wild edibles,hunt,trap,or otherwise obtain needed food so that we do not become one of those who have to resort to the scenario that was described?
    Well said nell!
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

well if more of you had taken my quiz i would not have to resort to questions like this, so really its your own fault yeah thats it its your own fault
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

WE, that was a good question for everyone to ponder on their own.

I would do hat I have to to protect my family, I hope I would not hurt others in the process, but in all honesty, I would take care of my family any way possible. I think I would try to trade/barter first, but would not see my family hurt.

No it was like this when i got here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not my fault...........well not all of it............
    OK OK its my fault there i said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

look i agree with nell as awlays she has a great point this is why we came here to learn and to share about skills both survival in the bush and to some extent survival in the urban jungle during hard times, thankfully i am not in the situation that i have posed could be some day i will be, but ask yourself this or at least i have lived this question i never ever wanted to have to take a human life, i served out of patriotism nothing more but when it came down to it, i did not take the morral road and follow a commandment of do not kill nor did i turn the other cheek but i did what was nessecary to get me arse home, i have the blunt honest in myself to answer this question and to ask it, maybe i'm wondering if there is something wrong with me for admiting that i would "improvise adapt and overcome" to steal a cheesy line, i am sorry if you or if i ahve lost some credibility with some of you but i posses the ability to be brutaly honest with myself and i know the type of man i am, was, and can be if needed.

WE, those ghosts never, never, go away. For me that has been almost 40 years ago. We all did what we had to.

amen to that my friend, only someone who has lived it can understand that, anyhow time for WE to fly away hasta la vista, via con dios i'm out.

Don't be sorry WE,most just don't want to see that part of themselves,even though they know that it is there deep inside of them,I was very close to that point not too many years ago,but always found a way to not have to go there,but if things had gotten any worse,I would have had no regrets.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Maybe I misunderstood, but it looked to me to more of a rant against "greedy corporations" than taking care of family. If I read it wrong, my apologies.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood, but it looked to me to more of a rant against "greedy corporations" than taking care of family. If I read it wrong, my apologies.
    Ditto.....
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    look i agree with nell as awlays she has a great point this is why we came here to learn and to share about skills both survival in the bush and to some extent survival in the urban jungle during hard times, thankfully i am not in the situation that i have posed could be some day i will be, but ask yourself this or at least i have lived this question i never ever wanted to have to take a human life, i served out of patriotism nothing more but when it came down to it, i did not take the morral road and follow a commandment of do not kill nor did i turn the other cheek but i did what was nessecary to get me arse home, i have the blunt honest in myself to answer this question and to ask it, maybe i'm wondering if there is something wrong with me for admiting that i would "improvise adapt and overcome" to steal a cheesy line, i am sorry if you or if i ahve lost some credibility with some of you but i posses the ability to be brutaly honest with myself and i know the type of man i am, was, and can be if needed.
    you've lost NO credibility with me. We as men will do what ever it takes to stay alive. I have been in life or death situations. I'm still here.
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Anyone besides me done anything they won't talk or brag about? If not you won't last long. I will do what I think is needed if I am forced to revert back 40 yrs I will.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    I must answer with a question first...
    What are morals to you ?
    Doesn't your conscience go hand in hand with morals?

I don't think there is an absolute morality, there are issues, such as abortion, which have no clear answer in the human conscience. (Both pro-choicers and pro-lifers claim the moral high ground.) Then don't you need to ask, where does that morality and conscience come from? How much of it is influenced by biblical values from their upbringing and society itself?
    Last edited by Gray Wolf; 10-06-2008 at 02:34 PM.

I can not allow my family to fail. That is a moral. I will take whatever measures are needed to insure my family survives. Including stealing from a store.

Just keep in mind that many people will take whatever measures are needed to ensure their stuff survives...including shooting you dead.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    Anyone besides me done anything they won't talk or brag about? If not you won't last long. I will do what I think is needed if I am forced to revert back 40 yrs I will.
    Pop, I'm not even going to have that conversation. As for WE's first question, do what you can live with the consequences of having done. I'm not here to judge nor to be judged. I'll take care of as many as I can for as long as I can and avoid risk as much as possible doing so. When that fails, I'll be dead so it won't matter to me unless God has NO sense of humor.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Pop, I'm not even going to have that conversation. As for WE's first question, do what you can live with the consequences of having done. I'm not here to judge nor to be judged. I'll take care of as many as I can for as long as I can and avoid risk as much as possible doing so. When that fails, I'll be dead so it won't matter to me unless God has NO sense of humor.
    Amen brother. That's what it all boils down to.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    I can not allow my family to fail. That is a moral. I will take whatever measures are needed to insure my family survives. Including stealing from a store.
    That's what drug dealers do. And gang bangers do. They need to eat to survive, and some of them have families (wives and kids) if not the gang. They are just surviving too, in their own dysfunctional, anti-social way. So will you sink down to the level of a drug dealer and steal because it's easy?

Or will you hunt and find something to eat that way?

For some people, they don't know how to hunt, or don't have a gun, or have run out of ammo, so they steal to eat. Period. The SHTF for them.
    Last edited by bulrush; 10-06-2008 at 03:27 PM.

I do hunt and fish and can and do feed my family with that. If one of them was sick and needed meds and there was a drug store down the road that had what I needed to make them better you can bet your a$$ I will be stealing. It is that simple..