Thread: Now hear this....

Blog Entries

Cool Now hear this....

1PK1 and Stringer had the exact same IP address, DUH! So he & all of his garbage have gone the way of the Do-Do. (Fitting name, huh?) Probably someone from TheFreakinBear's group. If anyone like this shows up again, notify me ASAP. Thanks!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yessir!! Thought he sounded like an ***...
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

City Survivalist Proud American's Avatar

How do you check ip address is and what should we look for. Obvious dumb commits, Whanting to go Mono E mono with mothernature, a sales man what? Just thought id ask.
    Proud American

Here lies my great advice from my years of experience......

Thanks Sarge!!!!!!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Good job Sarge.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked....

Quote Originally Posted by Proud American View Post
    How do you check ip address is and what should we look for. Obvious dumb commits, Whanting to go Mono E mono with mothernature, a sales man what? Just thought id ask.
    A mod. can check up on the IP address as we have certain options, but you'll know if somebody like that shows up again by the text of his/her posts.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Sarge - they he/it sure sounded a lot like the idiots on the school computer from Denmark or someplace around there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

But some ip addresses are used by tens of thousands of people. If you block it you may be blocking some of the good guys
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Thanks Sarge, glad to be rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertRogers View Post
    But some ip addresses are used by tens of thousands of people. If you block it you may be blocking some of the good guys
    An Internet Protocol (IP) address is an address for a computer on the Internet, which exists to allow data to be delivered to that computer. When you enter a website's name - like http://www.google.com - that is actually a handy shortcut for the website's IP address - right now, one of Google's is http://72.14.207.99/. So when a website needs to send your computer something (for instance, your Google search results), it needs your IP address to send it to the right computer.

The situation gets a bit more complex, though, because the IP addresses that people use can change frequently. For instance, your Internet service provider (ISP) may have a block of 20,000 IP addresses and 40,000 customers. Since not everyone is connected at the same time, the ISP assigns a different IP address to each computer that connects, and reassigns it when they disconnect (the actual system is a bit more complex, but this is representative of how it works). Most ISPs and businesses use a variation of this "dynamic" type of assigning IP addresses, for the simple reason that it allows them to optimize their resources.

Because of this, the IP address assigned to your computer one day may get assigned to several other computers before a week has passed. If you, like me, have a laptop that you use at work, at home, and at your corner café, you are changing IP addresses constantly. And if you share your computer or even just your connection to your ISP with your family, then multiple people are sharing one IP address.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Gray Wolf this one of your better post....didn't understand most of it (not computer literate) but well said (I hope)

Hip, Hip - HORRAY
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.