View Poll Results: Who is the better survivor?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • Les Stroud

263 85.11%
  • Bear Grylls

46 14.89%
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: Survivorman/Man vs. Wild.

Banned

Sexy ???

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Sexy ???

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    YES!!!
    And if you watch the Les one he went to the exact same place took the exact same route and ate the exact same things.
    Probably the only time i seen Les eat.LMAO
    Wow with all these Military guys you should know in your handy dandy books about eating insects.
    I got the same books.
    Even Scott O' Grady survived off of ants while shot down behind enemy lines.
    Did anyone even watch the Scott O' Grady story?
    Got to work for them.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Banned

Thats not an insect, Its an Alien !!!

ROTFLMAO!!!
    Stand back Skywalker i got this
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Default Consider Ray Mears

Honestly, Les Stroud is much better than Bear Grylls, considering his more fine tuned approach on survival (no disrespect to Bear Grylls). But personally, Ray Mears does a much better job than either of them. He teaches more advanced techniques and gives an in-depth look at nearly all cultures which rely on them. Where as Bear Grylls is for the average person who has little knowledge of bush-craft. Though Man Vs. Wild and Survivorman are both interesting shows, I've learned and formed my interest for bush-craft from Ray Mears. I've learned MUCH more from his documentaries.

Hey ther Bailey.W. When you can, stop on by the Introduction section so we can learn a bit about you. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bear will get you killed if you try what he does.
    In a survival scenario you really don't want to be doing all that running around he does.
    "We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard,and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men,be free men,that your children may bless their father's name."(Sam Houston)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Rebel View Post
    Bear will get you killed if you try what he does.
    In a survival scenario you really don't want to be doing all that running around he does.
    Mobilty is why I give him high marks. I regret that I'm gradually loosing mine with age. If you are going to be self reliant mobility is important. If you are counting on somebody else to save you then sitting there helpless is the thing to do.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 06-17-2011 at 03:18 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Mobilty is why I give him high marks. I regret that I'm gradually loosing mine with age. If you are going to be self reliant mobility is important. If you are counting on somebody else to save you then sitting there helpless is the thing to do.
    Even though every SAR organization on the face of the earth recommends that you stay in place so they do not have to chase you?

When did following their recommendations of sitting down, building a fire and getting still so they do not have to chase you down become a character flaw?

You live long enough and you will stop worrying about your "mobility" and get smart enough to buy a personal locater beacon and you can sit down and wait for the good guys to show up.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I couldn't agree more.!
    Sitting on you a$$ because you're contemplating your options is one thing, but growing roots in one place because you're out of shape and having a cardiac is quite another. Make sure you give yourself options.

Blog Entries

Cool Uh-uh!

S.T.O.P.!!! Live by it, or die without it!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Even though every SAR organization on the face of the earth recommends that you stay in place so they do not have to chase you?

When did following their recommendations of sitting down, building a fire and getting still so they do not have to chase you down become a character flaw?

You live long enough and you will stop worrying about your "mobility" and get smart enough to buy a personal locater beacon and you can sit down and wait for the good guys to show up.
    Mobility is a key issue to survival. Then there is my own code that does not allow me to have others do for me what I can do for myself. So if there is a character flaw that would be it from my stand point. With the average IQ being 100 what most people think or recomend does not concern me. I know that when ever I'm in a bad situation I just go home. In the times I had no home I would just look for food or comfort where ever I found it. Finding it requres you to get off your a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    S.T.O.P.!!! Live by it, or die without it!
    I always love it when "you're going to die" comes into the conversation. Well I havn't died yet, I just went home early. That's why BG is the best.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 06-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Some people like Bear. Some people don't. Some people like Les. Some people don't. Who cares? If you can take anything useful away from any of these type shows then that's a good thing. Living vicariously through them, not so much.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool +1!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Some people like Bear. Some people don't. Some people like Les. Some people don't. Who cares? If you can take anything useful away from any of these type shows then that's a good thing. Living vicariously through them, not so much.
    I agree, with Les, and now even Cody & Dave you learn what to do, with Bear you learn what NOT to do. AS, if you can just go home then you're not in a "survival" situation.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    AS, if you can just go home then you're not in a "survival" situation.
    That's just word games. I once walked 3 days and nights in a blowing snow storm with both legs frost bitten knowing if I stopped I was dead. The Richardson Highway was shut down and there were no planes flying. The wind was blowing about 80 mph and at thirty below the Ice crystals hitting me felt like being sand blasted. I made it so I guess it was not a survival situation. You would have sat there and died and it would have been a survival situation. You win.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 06-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

That's just word games. I once walked 3 days and nights in a blowing snow storm with both legs frost bitten knowing if I stopped I was dead. The Richardson Highway was shut down and there were no planes flying. The wind was blowing about 80 mph and at thirty below the Ice crystals hitting me felt like being sand blasted. I made it so I guess it was not a survival situation. You would have sat there and died and it would have been a survival situation. You win.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Default Wow!

I just ran across this. Even though it's been a few years since you deemed it important to be that much of an *** I thought I'd just let you know that it is commonly thought of as a sign of maturity and intelligence to be able to debate someone with a different opinion without being insulting. But take heart, not everyone is cut out to be polite....or in your case...civil...You don't like Bear G....OK, we get it. Neither blind or stupid. Just reporting what I've worked on for the producers of his show and trying to explain how "editiing" works on TV. But hey. You got a phone call about a dead kangaroo, so that makes you an expert based on one experience and some obvious, ignorant assumptions. Please try and not hurt yourself when youfinally agree to the worlds request **********************

Quote Originally Posted by SOE digital View Post
    I've seen the Aussie episode. He never ate a kangaroo.

That's because he never got permission from us.

They edit scenes like that. They take footage with a camera on the raft then footage from the banks then footage from Bear's hand cam and edit it to be entertaining. Not staged,

Are you blind, or just stupid?
    Howcome ine minute there is a camera man on the raft, and then POOF! He's gone. That's the epitimy of something being staged.
    They do multiple takes and resets.

Imagine the PETA uproar if he ate a Joey on TV.

There wouldn't be an uproar. WE kill off hundreds and thousands of kangaroos and eat them a year. Kangaroos are a pest. The thing is, you need a license to kill them (unless they're on your property or you're an Aboriginal). They asked for permission to use a dead kangaroo in their show (it was a road kill) to make it look like he killed it himself. THAT IS A FACT. THAT IS THE MOST PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THIS SHOW BEING STAGED. We declined giving them permission, hence that he never ate a Roo in that episode.

Is it really that hard to understand. The show is staged, it's just been proven. I know, for a SOLID fact that it's set up. Think about it. We recieved a phone call from the PRODUCERS OF MAN vs WILD asking us to assist them in STAGING A SCENE FOR THE SHOW! It's so freaking blatant that you'd have to be a numpty with a hard on for Bear to not realise it.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-06-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Removed objectionable material

Wow, .........voices from the past........do I hear? (yoda speak)
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Atlanta Randy - It would probably have been a sign of maturity on your part had you passed up the need to argue with a 5 year old post that you had input on at the time. You have the right to disagree with someone on a post but you don't have the right to post what you did. Probably a sign of civility that you passed on, too. That's the problem with calling the kettle black. You painted yourself the same color in the process.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.