View Poll Results: Who is the better survivor?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • Les Stroud

263 85.11%
  • Bear Grylls

46 14.89%
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivorman/Man vs. Wild.

Ray Mears is better than survivorman and man vs. wild. He’s more knowledgeable, and the shows have been shown in the US. I haven’t seen them lately though so I don’t know if they are on that often anymore.

I've seen the Aussie episode. He never ate a kangaroo.

That's because he never got permission from us.

They edit scenes like that. They take footage with a camera on the raft then footage from the banks then footage from Bear's hand cam and edit it to be entertaining. Not staged,

Are you blind, or just stupid?
    Howcome ine minute there is a camera man on the raft, and then POOF! He's gone. That's the epitimy of something being staged.
    They do multiple takes and resets.

Imagine the PETA uproar if he ate a Joey on TV.

There wouldn't be an uproar. WE kill off hundreds and thousands of kangaroos and eat them a year. Kangaroos are a pest. The thing is, you need a license to kill them (unless they're on your property or you're an Aboriginal). They asked for permission to use a dead kangaroo in their show (it was a road kill) to make it look like he killed it himself. THAT IS A FACT. THAT IS THE MOST PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THIS SHOW BEING STAGED. We declined giving them permission, hence that he never ate a Roo in that episode.

Is it really that hard to understand. The show is staged, it's just been proven. I know, for a SOLID fact that it's set up. Think about it. We recieved a phone call from the PRODUCERS OF MAN vs WILD asking us to assist them in STAGING A SCENE FOR THE SHOW! It's so freaking blatant that you'd have to be a numpty with a hard on for Bear to not realise it.

Blog Entries

So Baer spends another week in the jungle, no jungle foot rot, no diaper rash, no rub rash's, no breaking out and no crapping in the woods.

We spend a week in the jungle, we get foot rot, diaper rash, and the heat and humidity makes us all break out.

Second week out, I tell my squad to go to the px and pick up a jar of noxema. They ***** and complain, but I won't let them go without it. They are also requ. to bring 5 extra pairs of socks wrapped in zip locks.

No underwear, aka boxers or briefs, green t's can be worn once we are off base. No shaving in the field and if you don't have jungle boots, you're off the squad.

Noxema is a wonderful substance. So after patrolling all day, set up camp. Drop your trousers, grab a handful of noxema, stick something between your teeth and apply the cream.

The first few minutes, shear pain, after that just as soft and supple as a babies bottom. But those first few minutes, yeeeowwww.

Now air out and dry your feer, put on a pair of dry socks, you're in Jungle Heaven.
    Last edited by FVR; 07-14-2007 at 11:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Teach them to put the dvd back into the pouch after they watch it as dvd's are excellant signal mirrors.

The camera crew has never helped him in any way (Other than unwittingly providing light during a night time run from a bear.

So how about the dead kangaroo that they wanted to give to him to make it look like he killed it?
    Explain that mate.

Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina Brazil

Cortaid ointment works great without the pain. I've found if I put a little on before I set out, I don't get any rash. Works for me everytime.

Ive never heard of noxema, where do you get it from ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina Brazil

Noxzema is skin care product sold in the US (we have it in Brazil too) that is mainly used by women to remove makeup. You can buy it at most drug stores.

Though some have used it for crotch rot, that is not it's intended purpose. Imagine setting fire to your privates. Best description I can think of.

Blog Entries

But after a few minutes, it's all numb. LOL. Pain for a few min. equals a whole day of relief.

Not for the pain weary.

about your original question about duct taping the wter bottle, its because he has his bear cam with him. thats how he gets all thos shots of him like 30 feet up in a tree or whatever. and he does explain the not getting foot rot thing in a couple of his episodes. when he is in those kind of environments he stopp every like 10 hours to light a fire and dry off his feet. watch the everglades episode.

i meant to say he has the bear cam taped to his water bottle so its always with him.
    but i have another question. in alot of episodes he is boiling his water in a seperate little pot thats not his water bottle. is it just like the holder for the water bottle or what? hhmmm......

Blog Entries

Cool Bear's "pot".

Quote Originally Posted by jimjimjimmyjim View Post
    i meant to say he has the bear cam taped to his water bottle so its always with him.
    but i have another question. in alot of episodes he is boiling his water in a seperate little pot thats not his water bottle. is it just like the holder for the water bottle or what? hhmmm......
    Bear uses a NATO canteen with canteen cup, similar to the canteen and canteen cup used by the U.S. Armed Forces. He's used black duct tape to hold them together in lieu of a canteen cover. According to the information he gives at www.discovery.com/manvswild (click on "meet bear"); he also admits to using a length of para-cord ingeniously knotted as a carrying strap...something he doesn't mention in the opening of his show. I just re-watched the "Europeon Alps" episode and he utilizes his parachute and parachute shroud lines as well, which makes perfect sense to me. The example needs to be set to use all resources at hand if you want to survive, one reason I like Les Stroud's shows.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Maybe they don't always stage it, like when they think they will get good enough ratings as it is and will only do it if he's getting along poorly. I believe both of you are equally trustworthy and are providing valid info.

thats how he gets all thos shots of him like 30 feet up in a tree or whatever

No, they also sent a camera man up on a rig also.

yeah i agree about the need of setting the example of using whatever you have available to you. i also just saw that show today. soe digital, keep your negative crap to yourself because fake or not his show offers at least entertainment and some basic survival knowledge and techniques. nobody really cares about what you may or may not know about the show.

soe digital, keep your negative crap to yourself because fake or not his show offers at least entertainment and some basic survival knowledge and techniques

Piss off numpty. I myself have even said several times in this thread and overs that the show is great and good fun. I just don't want young know nothing like yourself going around thinking what you see on that show is REAL. He gives both good and bad advice...and it shouldn't be taken literaly.
    Pull your head in.

I remember on the elephant dung episode that he explained that something in the elephant's body made the "dung juice" clean. Personally, I'd dehydrate before I'd drink any dung juice, I don't care what critter squeezed it out.
    As for the snake, I don't know, I been pretty hungry before...

the show is called snow shoes and solitude, les and sue went out in a place called tomagami, ontario.
    good people, i have met les before. cheers

to paul vs wild..

please excuse my computer skills but on thing that i would like to point out is that a compentant outdoorsman would always be prepared even if going out on a "quick,short simple" hike, so although i find both interesting i think that les is trying to show the armchair survivalist how to keep thier uneducated butts alive or he could just be making a whole lots of money being entertaining but i happen to know les and he does live as close as he can to the earth.... cheers

oh yeah les does have a second season that he is currently filming this info came from max atwood who was filming me at the time doing a moose calf transfer...
    Last edited by wareagle69; 07-21-2007 at 07:37 PM.

the new season comes out augast 10.
    Jesus is my king.