Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Net Making --- easier than it looks.

i think that the word survival and primitive skills or bushcraft get intertwined to often, what most of us on this forum seem to be interested in is bushcraft, i think that most of us could survive a situation for 72 hours which is on average as long as it takes search and rescue to find us dead or alive, but yes even in a true survival scenario i would want the easiest method to conserve time and energy, if i had a lighter i would definitely use it to my advantage, the piece of mind that i carry with me into the bush is that i have my bushcraft skills so should my lighter fail i would not frett because i would have alternate ways of producing fire.

always be prepared

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

I agree. Most of us are interested in bushcraft. Thats the best because knowledge weighs nothing.

Yes but is Bush Craft ... ALL that this Form is all about I for one would hope not ... I love Bush Craft ...I Mean I LOVE IT .. But ??? There is more Wilderness and survival then just the primitive so ???What are we going to do to add.??? To the Form
    Last edited by Smok; 01-01-2008 at 04:51 AM.
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

I guess I agree with WE but where do you draw the line? Skills are skills. If you choose to live in suburbia and play in the woods that doesn't make you less qualified to live off the grid. Those that do live off grid simply have the experience to go with the knowledge (uh, not discounting that experience, by the way). Most of them lived in suburbia at one time or another and migrated to that life style.

So, to Smok's question, I don't see this as just a primitive forum. I don't see it as just an anything forum. I've picked up ideas and knowledge from you folks that allow me to better prepare my self and my home for a natural disaster, for example. Nothing primitive or wilderness about that. I hope I've shared some ideas as constructive along the short way.

In any case, I don't think it is as much about where you use your skills as it is about having the skills to use and being able to adapt them (and yourself) to the environment you find yourself in. Mother Nature isn't a bad lady. She isn't anything. She just is. It's all about taking the responsibility to learn and practice the skills necessary to deal with her on her terms. Ready Sarge? It's about being prepared.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hello guys,
    Regarding to this topic...
    Few hours of free time, an Opinel Carbon no 9, a piece of cherry wood laying around... Let's make a net shuttle...
    I newer tough that the back of the Opinel is so great in finishing (scraping) the wood, to smooth down edges...
    Any opinions about the result?
    PS (sorry my horrible English, please correct me if I wrote something wrong, or the sentence has a spooky structure)

20160123_164955-1.jpg20160123_165043-1.jpg

It is interesting to look at post for 2007....and in a lot of ways.....things haven't changed much.

If you are interested in cordage, and all thing made from cordage, including netting....might want to check out post by one of our members................asemery.....that has posted many threads over the years.

Some of his posts...
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...archid=2097085
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    It is interesting to look at post for 2007....and in a lot of ways.....things haven't changed much.

If you are interested in cordage, and all thing made from cordage, including netting....might want to check out post by one of our members................asemery.....that has posted many threads over the years.
    Thanks, I will check that!