Thread: make lotsa stuff

Default make lotsa stuff

I have a woodworking hobby that has transfered to this topic perfectly. Woodturning.

I cannot count all of the things i have made on my woodlathe out of being too cheap to buy one...

wood mallets, spacers, washers, dowels for lots of projects, cups, bowls, make your girlfriend or wife jewelry.. bracelets, rings, earrings... baseball bats and other assorted clubs... walking sticks, canes, handles for whatever.. ink pens (fancy)...

you want a camoflouged cup for hunting... make it out of wood, and leave the bark on the outside...

Normally, getting into woodturning is a pretty expensive endeavor (my MINI lathe cost about $375 just for the lathe, then you need chucks, hand tools, grinders, saws, etc. etc.)

BUT... why not MAKE YOUR OWN LATHE! There are lots of plans out there for homemade woodlathes, from big motorized things, to what i am currently attempting.. a foot pedal powered woodlathe.. you can make handtools from steel rod stock (HSS).. and if you have a chainsaw, you can do most of your cutting with that if you are careful.

anyway, just a thuoght... i know i make alot of handy tools and stuff for my wife as well from my lathe.. in fact everyone tells me that i shuold sell my work..... but i have too much fun giving it away, or using it!!

Blog Entries

It's not polite to come in and start asking questions before you have introduced yourself. Please go to "Introductions" at the bottom of the main page and do so post haste. Thank you.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Why are you not heading over to the "Introductions Area"? This is the second time that klkak, and myself asked you to do that, so everyone here can help you better????

Use the drop down menu at the bottom of these pages (on the right) you will see under General Chat the word Introductions. Read what at least a few others wrote, then post yours. Honest it's painless.
    Last edited by Gray Wolf; 09-28-2008 at 02:41 AM.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."