Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Ruger 10/22 Accessories?

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

I think a better barrel is a good thing. I preffer a scope, but thats just me. I am used to them, and have no trouble finding and keeping a moving target in the cross hairs. Just curious to see what brand and type of ammo you guys find the "best". I like the yellow-jackets by remington. But anything hyper-velocity is good. Most ammo is high-velocity and I find my groups go from 1 inch to about 3 inches.

As far as .22 ammo goes I prefer CCi Minimags with the Federal that comes in the 550 round box a close second.

Ruger still makes a semi auto .44mag carbine. or at least they did, it was based on the Mini-14 and uses a rotary magazine

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Ruger still makes a semi auto .44mag carbine. or at least they did, it was based on the Mini-14 and uses a rotary magazine
    Yeah, looks like it was called the Model 99. Not sure if it's still in production or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Dunno how you found it, but thanks! Nice!

That looks like the specific one I'd want (16"), but odd that it isn't billed as being a 10-22 barrel. Just says .22lr. But it's under the 10-22 section, so I assume it is?

If I actually did save up a buttload of money and get one of these, I'd prefer to have some traditional sights installed. Is that possible on barrels like these? How would I do that? Go to a gunsmith?

Are there any limitations using these super lightweight barrels? Any ammo they can't do, for example?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

I like the CCI stingers. 1600fps is fast. Killer fast.

If you want open sights you could have a gunsmith either dovetail the end of the barrel or have it drilled and tapped and then have a reciever/peep site added. I'll dig up some more info and get it to you.

10/22 with Fajen thumbhole stock, a bull barrel, universal bipod, simmons 3-9x40, Volquartsen trigger and the theif that stole it.
    "Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”

— Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by swampmouse View Post
    10/22 with Fajen thumbhole stock, a bull barrel, universal bipod, simmons 3-9x40, Volquartsen trigger and the theif that stole it.
    Oh man, sorry to hear that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I hope you reported it. That should be easy enough to spot. I'll bet the pawn shops would be a good place to start looking.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.