Thread: who is 4spacecowboy!?!? dum dum dummmM!M!M!M!

Smile who is 4spacecowboy!?!? dum dum dummmM!M!M!M!

howdy everyone a random watching of survivorman, led to some curiosity on google, that led me to this forum about fire starters, and walla!!!! i had a few thoughts and signed up.

well, i was asked to come on over to this section and introduce myself. Here's a little short of what and who i am.

recently:

graduated from UW

BS Aeronautics & Astronautics Engineering
    BS Physics

work for a private/commercial space company as a rocket propulsion engineer

last decade or so while in/out and then back into school:

emergency room technician
    emergency medical technician-basic (EMT-B on ambulance)
    phlebotomist
    lab assistant

started at:
    NMSU (walk-on red shirt freshmen wide receiver for the aggies, wow talk about an a$$ kickin' but a lot of fun)
    Pierce College

did a whole lot of small college jobs for the fun of it (security, stage hand, teller, delivery, waiter, sales, cook, landscape, art design, rentals, photography, mngmt, and probably a few others...)

got a second chance at life and my childhood dreams and headed right back that way and never stopped and never again! graduated later in life, but with a little more sense on my shoulders then when i started.

Grew up in a military family with a macgyver of a father and younger brother equally. mother you couldnt ask more of. close family. lets see what else.... hobbies and interests?!?!

heres a short list of those interests:

The Great Outdoors !!! (lots of camping, offroading, shooting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, keeping the wilderness clean, seeing new wildernesses, understanding our world, kayaking, biking, rock climbing, hanging with good friends over a fire and spirits, snowboarding, rafting, sailing, star gazing, testing new survival tactics and ideas, doing silly things, etc.), laughing, various sports (football an etc), rockets, engines, build stuff, working out, play my guitar, coffee, comedy, act, artist, aerospace sciences, flying, gliding, cook, dance, Emergency Medical Services, play with my toys, filming, flying, XPrize Cup, Rocket Races, football, billiards, bowling, eat out, movies, research, star gazing, mods to my offroad Toyota, planning that new jeep, designing a green efficient sports car/machine. making a difference in the world, saving lives..... and.... (etc.)

i dont have enough time in my life to keep track of them, but i do them all for the most part scheduled out or spontaneously.

well, i guess thats a short of me. feel free to ask any questions, throw your thoughts, opinions, and wise cracks live to laugh!!!
    Last edited by 4spacecowboy; 08-30-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: forgot an important neglected hobby in the latter years of college :)

Hello and welcome. Always handy to have a rocket scientist around.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default haha... :P

thanks!!! depends on the moment, i have my moments... sometimes a rocket scientist... sometimes not much closer than a nut (no offense to nuts, i mean the seedling kind... oh ok, the nuts too)

Welcome to the forum 4spacecowboy,great intro! When you say been there done that,you really mean it dontcha?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned

From one nut to another...... welcome!

Talking well...

naa... just touched a few things along the way, got a lot more to touch and just started :P its weird, a decade flew by and i feel like im just taking off actually. i guess i need to get an extra lease on a longer life or something haha. thanks for the welcomes!

howdy fellow nutt!!! thank goodness im not the only one here. hehe...

Welcome, make yourself at home. The search button at the top will give you lots of information, if you can't find what your looking for just ask.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Blog Entries

Cool Hi!

Welcome aboard Space-Case...er...Cowboy! Yep, if'n yer a bit off center you're in the right forum, just about anybody's welcome. So let me ask you your age, marital status/children, & outdoors experience?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Default i am...

33, with another outdoorsy rocket scientist gf graduating soon, shes moving out this direction to my new location of employment in san diego (im missing my woods in the northwest, but im exploring the area), no kids yet, been playing in the outdoors since i was kid, done a lot of variety camping, backpacking, some rock climbing, mountain biking (been awhile), some rafting and kayaked main salmon, done some up in canada, love the cascades, done some summits, boarding about the past decade, mostly warm fresh water fishing, but some ocean and upper lake fishing, crabbin', offroading (more like horsing around), gonna get a little bit more energetic about glaciers and stuff soon. hmm... i have a variety middle of road knowledge of the outdoors, but then again my EMS training and long time interests of search and rescue and some training has given a little more about rescue and survival situations, always looking for new ways to enjoy the outdoors and stay safe to a point :P looking to do mt rainier next year, probably muir area. revisiting mt bigelow, doing grand canyon in the spring, thinking of doing the hwy 2 to i 90 section of the pacific crest trail in washington state next year. gonna finally get cert in scuba diving i think in the keys for my girls graduation, been a long time waiting to do that. camp in all seasons including the lovely snow.

oh...i got a question!?!?

i uploaded some pics, but where do i put up a profile pic/avatar or whatever it is under my name? i cant seem to find that location or selection box????

At the top of the page, toward the right click on quick links. On the left of the page that pops you'll see a bunch of options - edit avatar is one of em.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default thanks!!!!

appreciate it!

Welcome home!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

space cowboy, welcome aboard. Ummm...try the decaf... Yeah we could use a rocket scientist alright
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Welcome to forums....

Welcome aboard Space Cowboy. That was some intro- I feel like I know ya'... good work
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen