Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Best locations / Survival stories

We will agree to disagree then
    If you light a fire for a man he is warm for a day, but if you light that man ON fire he is warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    We will agree to disagree then
    I disagree, you'll just have to continue disagreeing until you agree..klkak...kick that horse again
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Perhaps I am the only one to whom it is clear that this forum needs guidance on it's future direction.

I feel Chris needs to express his vision of the future direction of the forum, and report on how his original vision for the forum, as manifested, or failed to come into being.

Don't you think that forums evolve? As people and personalities come and go the tenor and tone of the forum changes. Remember when Tahyo and Bragg were talking about BBQ (and we were all drooling on our keyboards). What's the saying - the only thing constant is change itself?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Don't you think that forums evolve? As people and personalities come and go the tenor and tone of the forum changes.
    Remember when Tahyo and Bragg were talking about BBQ (and we were all drooling on our keyboards). What's the saying - the only thing constant is change itself?

Nothing: I just feel someone needs to hold the vision. And be able to say this is or is not congruent with the vision. Maybe his vision is that in two years all of the new threads will be introductions, seems that way some days now.

So the forum will be: Introduction and then: Sorry: all answers are in: Search, thank you for coming.

Not if we don't allow it to become that way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it is up to the members to guide the flow of the forum. If somebody starts posting bullcarp, they will and should be challenged on it. I think the "vision" has been laid out in the forum headings. Introductions? I guess I'm guilty of that. I ask once. If they do one fine, if not...that's up to them. We've got members that are interacting with others that, for reasons of their choosing have not done an intro. I have, when able offered answers to their questions, as have most others. If a question is asked, or a comment is made by somebody - anybody where I do not have enough info to provide an answer or to put much stock in their answer.......I'll ask - or ignore. I know that some get a might irratated with repeating answers while others don't.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    I disagree, you'll just have to continue disagreeing until you agree..klkak...kick that horse again
    Fine fine fine.. Sorry Sarge, but Trax said we have to continue debating until one of us is swayed be the other, considering the stubbornness of both involved here, we could be at it for a while… I’m going to need a nap first
    If you light a fire for a man he is warm for a day, but if you light that man ON fire he is warm for the rest of his life.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    Fine fine fine.. Sorry Sarge, but Trax said we have to continue debating until one of us is swayed be the other, considering the stubbornness of both involved here, we could be at it for a while… I’m going to need a nap first
    Tell you what, let's just you & me agree to disagree with TRAX disagreeing with us agreeing to disagree...agreed?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Tell you what, let's just you & me agree to disagree with TRAX disagreeing with us agreeing to disagree...agreed?
    Yes I completely disagree errr… I mean I agree that I disagree, that we are not in disagreement on agreeing… I don’t know what I mean, I’ll get back to you after another nap…

Thank you for your advice Edr730. Yes. I was planning on going somewhere warm. (I did say "summer vacation" in my first post by the way) Going on a first time wildcamping/backpacking trip in the middle of the winter for some reason didn't seem like a smart idea to me. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    people choose to stay or leave because of "intestinal fortitude". Some have it & some don't.
    I honestly don't see what intestinal fortitude has anything, even remotely, to do with getting flamed and being falsely accused of being a troll.

I came here for help, acting humble and enthusiastic, calling you guys pro's, thanking the people who replied, admitting I have little survival experience and asked certain specific questions. What did I get in return? Only the desire to label me as a noob as fast as possible. As proven by your first response:
    we'll then decide if you're a Wolf or a Numpty, or TheFreakinBear sneakin' in to "Jack more data!!
    You are right about one thing though, I acted overly sensitive, in fact, I still am. Yeah I admit that one of my character flaws is that I don't like being flamed when it's uncalled for. Especially considering a forum like this should have a predominant high population of grown-ups.

I've been on the internet since it's (commercial) birth, including many, many forums. Till now, not once have I seen a moderator acting exactly like the type of person he's supposed to keep in check.

I don't question your survival skills Sarge, you most definitely rock in the wilderness, but there's a big difference between knowing the knowledge and being able to teach it.

Anyway I'm off, all the best
    Ralbert.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone is complete......lock this thread quick....be for someone changes their mind.