Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paracord Bracelet

Default Paracord Bracelet

I know that several people make their own paracord bracelets, belts and assorted gear. Here's an instructable on how to make bracelts. It really is quite easy, and does not take much time at all. http://www.instructables.com/id/Para...racord_medrect
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Does it come with a matching purse too crash?

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    Does it come with a matching purse too crash?
    If you're into that sort of thing, I imagine we can make one for you. You still hung up on that metrosexual ketchup bottle?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Go ahead a make one .....your the only one who knows how. I'll take two, one for evening.

Ane who is "we"? Hmm

We? Well the child labor laws are a little more lax around here.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I made one of these things last night after reading the post and going to the sire crash left. IT TOOK ME 3 HOURS!! Now I'm really not stupid, but I couldn't follow the instructions. I finally just looked at the pattern and reversed engineered it until I got the dang knot down. But once I started making the knot it was easy! I had to kill an old dog collar to get the clip thing though.
    "When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry"-Dick Cheney

Your next one will be faster. If you google "how to make a paracord bracelet" you'll find some variations on how to finish one without the buckle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh that'd be cool to have it without the buckle. But I kind of like it because it fit's tight with the buckle like my watch. But now that it's finished it looks so cool!
    "When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry"-Dick Cheney

I made one a while back. I did the King Cobra Wrap and I thought it was too big and gaudy, so I took it off. I actually cut mine to use last time we went out to the desert. I had to hang some cans, forgot the wire. I had been wanting to do that, so I could show the wife I'm really not crazy and I never know when I may need some paracord. The next one I make I want to use the smaller slide out buckles like on small pet collars. Now I just have to find some?!

Gosh! I wonder who has those that are really cheap and primo quality? Hmmm.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Gosh! I wonder who has those that are really cheap and primo quality? Hmmm.

Hmmmm....no idea! I do like your site. Nice work on the braiding. I like how you can adjust them!

Stop it. You're making me blush
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

But wait! If you order now!
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    But wait! If you order now!
    We will send you not one, but two....

Heck, make it three.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Be one of the next 30 callers and......

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked.....

I liked the idea so much when the very 1st thread on this was posted waaay back by a member named SurvivalHike (who is not around any longer for some reason.) that I made a couple of belts using the same idea. Then Rick posted on it & now Crash...hmmmm...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Good information is always worth repeating.

Good information is always worth repeating.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Paracord Survival Bracelets????

Good morning gents! Being that you're all in bed and I just work up [here in Italy] and somebody sent me an email and a link to this posting telling me I might want to take a look at it. And so here I am this morning.

Hmmm, now I know why they contacted me, it looks like they want me to stir up this discussion a bit. Ok, here goes, this is what I state on my website about these [so call] paracord survival bracelets....

(Quote)

What a bunch of BS! No way should they be called "Paracord Survival Bracelets.

Why?

Well for starters there’s not enough parachute cord and inner nylon string inside of them to use in a survival situation to make a shelter, snare traps, a firebow or anything else. That’s why. And when I mentioned this once to some eBay paracord survival bracelet seller he told me "So, if one of my paracord survival bracelets doesn’t contain enough paracord for you, buy and wear two of them.”

Gee! What a great idea! Now why didn't I think of that? Hey, how about this.. why not wear one on each of yours wrists, ankles, ears, through your nose, around your penis and a backup one shoved up your @ss too.”

Good idea? As Kevin the little kid in the movie HOME ALONE once said...."I don't think so!"

Anyone who thinks you can get away with using just one of these to make some snare traps. You either don't know a damn thing about snares or you have never purchased one of these [so call] paracord survival bracelets to see how much paracord comes with it. (Note: Unless you tie all those nylon inner strands together.)

Besides not containing enough paracord, everytime you wear it around your wrist your skin is going to perspire and produce a “salty sweat” which will attract dirt like a "magnet." And once you get a combination of “dirt, salt and sweat” on some parachute cord it won’t be long before it starts to smell and cause a "skin rash." That is… if you don’t wash your wrist and your paracord “survival” bracelet from time-to-time.

And everytime you do wash it the “nylon fibers” are going to become more and more fragile and weak. That’s why in the military there are strict rules, regulations and guidelines in how to wash certain US military / government property, like “nylon” parachutes, harnesses and straps. You just don’t take them to some laundromat, throw them in a washing machine and then dump a bunch of soap detergent inside of it. It has to be cleaned a special way so the nylon fibers DON’T become weak, fragile and damaged because some Paratrooper, Ranger or Sfer’s life could be in jeopardy and at risk.

Make sense, don’t you think? Sure does!

Oh, and guess what else? Should you need to use any of that paracord you’ve been wearing around your wrist to make some snare traps, the chances are you are not going to catch a damn thing with it. Why? Because it will be drenched and soaked with so much human scent it will scare animals away, that's why. Animals are smart, if there’s one scent that means DANGER to all animals it’s human scent. Hell, if you don't believe me just ask any experienced trapper and he’ll tell you the same thing. Duh?

Now listen carefully, especially you eBay paracord “survival” bracelet makers & sellers. Provided the paracord does not come in "direct contact with the skin" you can pack it, wear it and carry it wherever you like on your body. But should you someday need to use it to make some snare traps… at least try to cover up some of your human scent by smearing some dirt on your hands first before handling it. And then wipe the paracord down with some green vegetation and some dirt too, to try to cover up whatever human scent it picked up from your clothes.

(Unquote)

Now I hope some of you won't read in between the lines, I am NOT saying all paracord. I am just talking about these [so call] "paracord survival bracelets."

I am all for paracord, carrying and packing it with you if you got room for it. But if you are packing a small, compact, pocket survival kit and that's all you want to carry, then obviously you won't be able to pack any or very little. Then instead you might want to pack & carry something else more compact and easier to pack like fishing line, dental floss, etc. You get the idea.

Yea, I am against these paracord survival bracelets because I have tried them, and so that's why I wrote that article above. But I'm all for paracord survival belts, slings and lanyards for two reasons: (a) you get a lot more paracord and (b) it doesn't come in direct contact with the skin when it's worn or carried.

Note: Yes, there will be some human scent on it, obviousily. But it won't be soaked with "human sweat" and so that's why I stated you should TRY to mask or cover it up with some dirt and green vegetation.

Well there you go, that's my opinion and experience with these [so call] paracord survival bracelets. Take it or leave it or you can go ahead and "fire away" in disagreeing with me if you want. But you ain't gonna convince or change my mind, maybe someone elses, but not mine.

Ciao for now....
    Last edited by Army Ranger Rick; 09-12-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Wow, quite an article, RR. Where is it you live (for the umpteenth time? By the way, are you an Expat?) Someone contacted me and told me I should look at your post. Hmmm. Now I understand why they did. Don't you sell them, too? Oh, yea. You call them paracord bracelets. They aren't worth anything but you still try to make a buck on them. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Well for starters there’s not enough parachute cord and inner nylon string inside of them to use in a survival situation to make a shelter, snare traps, a firebow or anything else.

Even a bracelet made with 10 feet of paracord provides a total of 80 feet of cord. 10 x sheath and 7 strands. And how much is enough? I'd rather have a ten foot bracelet on my wrist than nothing at all. And I can do a LOT with it.

As for all that other stuff. Uh, okay. Whatever.

Let's just say the problem is with me. I don't understand your view at all on this. They are not any good but you sell them. Only you don't call them "survival bracelets". You call them "paracord bracelets" And the difference is????? Oh, the name. I don't understand and that's probably my fault.

Last edited by Rick; 09-12-2008 at 05:26 AM.