Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rat, the other white meat.....

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    Dogs, cats, and rats.......

Well, ate puppy dog in Korea, not a bad meat, kind of tasty and at 0100, when you are filled with Korean wine, might tasty treat.

Kitty kat, ate that a few years back, it was cold out, kitty was pulled right off the fire. Hmmmmmmmm........tasted real good and went down just fine.

And last, the rat. I've eaten many a tree rat, a few muskrat, tried the fat rat beaver once. I must say, I'm not too fond of rat. But hey, if I'm hungry, I'll eat rat.
    Did they taste like chicken
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Banned

She rides great.....that RoadMaster chassis kicks butt. Gobs of power from the ISX Cummins with plenty to spare, even towing around 12K. Best fuel economy at 63 mph getting 12.1 overall. Looking forward to our trip to Alaska next summer.

Fat Civilian

Default Ultimates

I was truly impressed with BraggSurvivor's attitude. I find it virtuous.

Really, everyone should make a conscious effort to expose themselves to as many food types and other uncomfortible situations as possible. This will prepare you mentally for any situation that might come up.

I agree with Bragg about his predictions... afterall, not only is it prophecied in the Bible, but it's an politicoeconomic certainty that there is a major collapse just around the bend. Whether deliberately designed by conspirators or inadvertantly followed by well-meaning people, (and the Bible will tell you where I stand on that question) there can be no doubt to anyone who studied arithmetic that we are headed to a major catastrophe economically and (if you study history) socially.

Therefore, it is folly to waste any time on petty conveniences and luxuries. Better to store up and/or build up, while you have a chance, for practical living in 'radical' survival situations.

If you are a product of your raising, culture, or cultivation... seek true freedom! Liberate yourself from those meaningless chains.

I'll be taking a trip to the Philippines in October and I've specifically requested that some dog meat be prepared for me. I realize that it's taboo here in the states, but I wanted to expose myself to something anti-cultural. Last time I went to Phils, (April) I had balot, which is a fertalized and partially grown chicken egg. In other words... peel the shell and eat the chicken fetus! You know... it wasn't bad. I don't know why they go through the trouble of growing the fetus... but it wasn't that bad!

Then of course I came back to the good ole' US of A and my Bible Study group had a hard time imagining summer without AC! ... HA! Of course they don't realize they are the reason for the upcomming collapse. Unsustainable living... plain and simple.

Welcome Nichov, and In the immortal words of Rick, while you're still in the fetus mode, why don't you hatch your way over to the introduction area and tell us a little about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    Many of you think of me as extreme. I am not. I simply cut through all the bullcrap and go straight to the conclusion.

For most of you, before your life is over - you will experience starvation and will likely feast on cats, dogs, rodents and eventually become cannibals.

You guys are hung up on the details and the build up. You folks get obsessed with the process, rather than focusing on the end-game.

Just accept the fact that most of you will die an unnatural death due to the population control schemes of the NWO.

I say serve it up.....tastes like chicken!

Thanks for my morning laugh. Glad to hear you had a good trip in the new BBOB (Bragg Bug Out Buggy).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Nichov - When you go back to PI, you don't need to specifically have dog meat prepared for you - just order it. If you really want to expose yourself to some anti-cultural eating while there, go for the monkey brains (I won't go into details here - you can google it).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome back, Bragg.

Once you know Bragg, Nichov, you'll understand that deprivation and discomfort are NOT part of his vocabulary. All his bravado about gloom and doom is just chicken feed for the masses. I'm certain the yard boys are cleaning up the Bragg Mobile Doom and Gloom Machine as we speak. All the while the servants are bringing him champagne and caviar. I'll bet he even dictated that first post!

GW, ask and you shall receive. Here is the nutritional value of mice and rats. They can't be any worse than o'possum!

http://www.rodentpro.com/qpage_articles_03.asp
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

try the monkey meat on a stick in the philipenes, you really don't know what it is. i've eaten monkey, dog, cat, rat, crocodile, parrot, baloot (it is nasty), and many other things over is asia. a rat is a squirel with a mangy tail, they taste the same to me.

Most people think that every wild rat carries some type of disease. But it's not true. Yes, rats CAN carry disease, especially nasty ones like Bubonic Plague (that's not the one where the girls go topless). But cooking any animal well will kill all bacteria. Just make sure your hands are clean so you don't re-contaminate the meat when eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    GW, ask and you shall receive. Here is the nutritional value of mice and rats.

http://www.rodentpro.com/qpage_articles_03.asp
    Thanks Rick, that's a great site!

the gross-out effect comes from thinking of nasty city sewer rats. perhaps wood rats aren't so unclean and diseased, i dunno, i'll wait to find out till i am on the verge of death to try it.
    ...gonna take a walk outside today...

Muskrat is yummy, slow cooked over a low fire, wheee-doggies as my uncle Jed used to say. Other rats? I've never tried them. Would I if I was hungry enough? Just turn me loose.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

crash, some dessert, nice and chilled...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks GW - brings back fond memories. (actually I've never tried it, but have seen it) It's that whole live monkey clamped in the table and bashed in the head to expose the brains......then everybody dig in. Take a look at You Tube if anybody's interested.....kind of disgusting, so no link here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I was only in China for a few days but as is my habit, I did my best to stay away from the tourist spots and eat where the locals eat. The menus didn't have English translations so I'm not really sure what I ordered but...it wasn't anything I've eaten before.
    Life is too short to hurry through.
    ~ Kenny Salwey

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    the other other white meat [/possibly offensive joke]

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!
    parlez-vous francais aussi, ou utilisez-vous un traducteur pour parler francais? j'ai etudie le francais pour trois ans.
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Pilot View Post
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    the other other white meat [/possibly offensive joke]

parlez-vous francais aussi, ou utilisez-vous un traducteur pour parler francais? j'ai etudie le francais pour trois ans.
    Nope,I studied it one year,then dropped it for an extra agricultural class
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. "It is a melancholy object to those who walk through this great town or travel in the country, when they see the streets, the roads, and cabin doors, crowded with beggars of the female sex, followed by three, four, or six children..."
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Fan of the works of Johnathan Swift?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

not especially but i do find that one hilarious.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.