Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rat, the other white meat.....

Banned

Default Rat, the other white meat.....

With food prices rising, one of India's poorest states is considering adding rat meat to the menus of state-run canteens, a move officials in Bihar say could help provide cheap protein for the state's 80 million people, most of whom live off the land as poor sharecroppers or subsistence farmers.

"People in different parts of the world eat lizards and dogs. Why not rats?" the state's tribal welfare minister, Jeetan Ram Manjhi, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

While the suggestion - there are no firm plans to start marketing rat meat just yet - may seem repulsive to many inside and outside India, eating rats is not unheard of in Bihar.

Among the poorest people in Bihar are a tribe known as Musahars, whose traditional place in the India's caste system was to catch rats, which they would cook and eat along with the rice and wheat they recovered from rat holes.

That's changed in the last few decades as many Musahars, under pressure from higher castes that consider rat eating unclean, stopped dining on the creatures, although they are still paid to catch and kill them by farmers.

But Manjhi, who is one of Bihar's 2 million Musahars, says the rodents are tasty and hopes the practice could be revived and popularized by putting the rodents on the menu at canteens in government offices.

"We've been enjoying eating rats since our childhood," he said. "When vegetables get expensive, it's what we eat."

Another official, State Welfare Department Secretary Vijay Prakash, said last week that popularizing rat meat could also help Musahars, the vast majority of whom are bitterly poor and uneducated.

India's elaborate caste system divides people into hundreds of social tiers defined by ethnicity, class, history and livelihood. Discrimination along caste lines had been outlawed for decades but remains prevalent, especially in largely rural and poor parts of eastern India like Bihar.

http://english.pravda.ru/news/societ...140-rat_meat-0

What is the nutritional value of a clean, well fed, lab bred rat?
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Only in dire straits would I even consider it. Absolute ultimate survival That is just...yuck!
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Banned

Many of you think of me as extreme. I am not. I simply cut through all the bullcrap and go straight to the conclusion.

For most of you, before your life is over - you will experience starvation and will likely feast on cats, dogs, rodents and eventually become cannibals.

You guys are hung up on the details and the build up. You folks get obsessed with the process, rather than focusing on the end-game.

Just accept the fact that most of you will die an unnatural death due to the population control schemes of the NWO.

I say serve it up.....tastes like chicken!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Mice and rats are the only thing that wolves eat, I saw that in a movie so it must be true. Man that was a stupid movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    Many of you think of me as extreme. I am not. I simply cut through all the bullcrap and go straight to the conclusion.

For most of you, before your life is over - you will experience starvation and will likely feast on cats, dogs, rodents and eventually become cannibals.

You guys are hung up on the details and the build up. You folks get obsessed with the process, rather than focusing on the end-game.

Just accept the fact that most of you will die an unnatural death due to the population control schemes of the NWO.

I say serve it up.....tastes like chicken!
    Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Understood and well said. I simply meant that it would take a situation of no other options for me to consider eating an animal that I was brought up considering to be filthy. I am but a product of the conditioning of my childhood. But if I had to then so be it. Pass the worstchester sauce!!!
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bragg, just where in the sam hill have you been...... And be careful what you say you might get a decisive demerit.

Banned

I've been holidaying in the Bragg Survival Bus.....taking it easy and drinking a few wobbley pops. What is a demerit, and where can I get one? Sounds exciting!

Banned
    Blog Entries

No Rats in Alaska, No snakes........well we do have some two legged rats, and two legged snakes. Hard to think one could starve here, freeze to death yes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I've been holidaying in the Bragg Survival Bus.....taking it easy and drinking a few wobbley pops. What is a demerit, and where can I get one? Sounds exciting!
    They are listed under reputation... look under your user CP.......if you don't have any, I have extras.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!

And don't forget the fava beans and Chianti...

OH NO! Soylent Green

Banned
    Blog Entries

Odd that they do not do a remake of Soylent Green.

That would give away the plans they have for us according to Bragg.

Blog Entries

Dogs, cats, and rats.......

Well, ate puppy dog in Korea, not a bad meat, kind of tasty and at 0100, when you are filled with Korean wine, might tasty treat.

Kitty kat, ate that a few years back, it was cold out, kitty was pulled right off the fire. Hmmmmmmmm........tasted real good and went down just fine.

And last, the rat. I've eaten many a tree rat, a few muskrat, tried the fat rat beaver once. I must say, I'm not too fond of rat. But hey, if I'm hungry, I'll eat rat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    That would give away the plans they have for us according to Bragg.
    Hey, I didn't mention anything about the zombies......

Banned
    Blog Entries

Holey'Cow......I just realized that the Sailor Boy "Pilot Bread" is Soylent White. Remember they had different color biscuts. No most would not remember they were not born yet.

Banned

It's all about the master plan hopeak, all about the plan..........

Banned
    Blog Entries

So how does the Bragg'mobile ride...? It is 50% bigger than my cabin.