Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recusing myself!

Blog Entries

Cool Recusing myself!

I have been personally asked by someone in this group to "cease-fire" any remarks I may have towards the "Bare Wilderness Numptys". I have been told that I am the only member of this group who is totally against them so I'm agreeing in total not to ever again say how stupid, brainless, immature, egotistical, self-centered, uncaring, and totally absurd these guys are. I also will refrain from pointing out any assinine crap in their web-site which demonstrates their desire to be "Les Stroud/Bear Grylls" Wanna-bes and how the only thing cool about it is the winter weather in Manitoba. I will only NOT do so if I hear any response from any of you that I should carry on, but for now I will leave the brain-dead nincompoops alone. Are we Clear?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 08-20-2007 at 09:51 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Sir, yes sir.

I'm going to give you 20, tommorrow morning.

San Francisco, CA (Or San Freak-Skid Row, if you prefer)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I have been personally asked by someone in this group to "cease-fire" any remarks I may have towards the "Bare Wilderness Numptys". I have been told that I am the only member of this group who is totally against them so I'm agreeing in total not to ever again say how stupid, brainless, immature, egotistical, self-centered, uncaring, and totally absurd these guys are. I also will refrain from pointing out any assinine crap in their web-site which demonstrates their desire to be "Les Stroud/Bear Grylls" Wanna-bes and how the only thing cool about it is the winter weather in Manitoba. I will only NOT do so if I hear any response from any of you that I should carry on, but for now I will leave the brain-dead nincompoops alone. Are we Clear?
    I honestly didn't know what you were on about in your other thread about them, but I will say two things:

1) If they do go with zero skills and no knowledge, they'll be dead soon enough

2) A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous in any venture
    Let freedom ring
    Let the white dove sing
    Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning
    Let the weak be strong
    Let the right be wrong
    Roll the stone away
    It's Independence Day

-Martina McBride

Oops! forgot about editing this post too!
    Last edited by spiritman; 08-25-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Re-thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fog_Harbor View Post
    I honestly didn't know what you were on about in your other thread about them, but I will say two things:

1) If they do go with zero skills and no knowledge, they'll be dead soon enough

2) A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous in any venture
    Here's a re-cap. I came out against a couple of adults who, besides act ing like "half-lings", obviously thought, according to their web-site, that they were the next "Survivordudes" There site boasts: "Two guys, two knives, one wilderness." It was also filled with a whole bunch of other crapola that gave away their intent. I said it should read "Two guys, two knives, no brains" and went on from there! It is my view that not only are these guys a threat to themselves, but also to their families, Impressionable half-lings, and the Search & Rescue people that would probably have to drag their sorry butts out of where ever they were at. Then I realized that I may have offended some of the "Wolf-Pack" so I posted the "Hard Sarge" thread. No one responded to the thread in the negative about the way I handled it, but one member asked me privately to cease-fire and I agreed. However I believe now that I was wrong in agreeing. If those two ding-bats can't handle the heat here, how are they going to handle it the woods? Besides, there was a lot of positive response on the "Hard Sarge" thread by every-body else so "one vote against" shouldn't be enough to sway me. So get ready fellow wolves, I'm gonna call 'em like I see 'em.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 08-21-2007 at 12:12 AM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Default Roflmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Here's a re-cap. I came out against a couple of adults who, besides act ing like "half-lings", obviously thought, according to their web-site, that they were the next "Survivordudes" There site boasts: "Two guys, two knives, one wilderness." It was also filled with a whole bunch of other crapola that gave away their intent. I said it should read "Two guys, two knives, no brains" and went on from there! It is my view that not only are these guys a threat to themselves, but also to their families, Impressionable half-lings, and the Search & Rescue people that would probably have to drag their sorry butts out of where ever they were at. Then I realized that I may have offended some of the "Wolf-Pack" so I posted the "Hard Sarge" thread. No one responded to the thread in the negative about the way I handled it, but one member asked me privately to cease-fire and I agreed. However I believe now that I was wrong in agreeing. If those two ding-bats can't handle the heat here, how are they going to handle it the woods? Besides, there was a lot of positive response on the "Hard Sarge" thread by every-body else so "one vote against" shouldn't be enough to sway me. So get ready fellow wolves, I'm gonna call 'em like I see 'em.
    lol sarge obviously you didn't get the idea! thanks for 'looking out for my privacy' though! lmao But *I* told them it was ME by posting that, and I also put it into context for them and offered them the rest of the conversation to put all of THAT in context! And seriously what good is it doing to try and bring down others? Your own personal gain is the only thing i could even stretch to make it fit.

also as for search and rescue, they will be unnecessary, because after the first time they don't email home their family and friends and crew(if they have one) will all rush out there ASAP even if they are only having electronic trouble! They ALREADY KNOW WHERE THEY WILL BE!

I even posted in your hard sarge post that your only real problem was jumping the gun on them!

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    lol sarge obviously you didn't get the idea! thanks for 'looking out for my privacy' though! lmao But *I* told them it was ME by posting that, and I also put it into context for them and offered them the rest of the conversation to put all of THAT in context! And seriously what good is it doing to try and bring down others? Your own personal gain is the only thing i could even stretch to make it fit.

also as for search and rescue, they will be unnecessary, because after the first time they don't email home their family and friends and crew(if they have one) will all rush out there ASAP even if they are only having electronic trouble! They ALREADY KNOW WHERE THEY WILL BE!

I even posted in your hard sarge post that your only real problem was jumping the gun on them!
    Don't confuse "bringing down others " with "shooting down dangerous ideas", I still think you ought to be their PR guy, you obviously are enthralled about what their going to do. Opinions vary and I've posted mine! And what do I have to gain here? Be careful of your accusations young one.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I think being critical of these two is a good thing Sarge. They are really running a big risk not just for themselves but for others as well.

I have never been an advocate of holding people's hands in any matter though, and if they want to give it a go, we just let them go. I believe that once you tell someone that the bridge is out and they elect to continue to cross it, you have done all you are morally required to to prevent their misfortune.

I personall don't think that they are going out without a lifeline, that would be even dumber than their original plan. But I do see how making fun of them on the forum would deter them from coming back and asking for help from us, which I believe that honestly every person here would give freely if they came crawling back. It's a small catch in my opinion.

Think about it like this Sarge... If there was no one dumber than us, we would be the ones being laughed at.

Blog Entries

Sarge I see nothing wrong with what you did, call it like you see or I will and dang the guns. If its stupid then its stupid. I happen to agree with you.
    Beo,
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Banned

I don't know, I have mixed feeling about this one. I like most of the newbies enthusiasum, a willing to test themselves and go out on a limb. Hell, thats what trains us to be men. The Numpty's quit when they knew they had to. What's wrong with that? It's not like they they were dropped off in the middle of winter on Baffin Island in a loin cloth and fur nipple clamps.

Sarge, you have your style. Right or wrong I like it. I just wish "we" would all give the young ones a bit of a break and gently steer them in the right direction, IF they are willing to listen and learn. The ones that are described in your posts above.......let them have it. No holds barred.

We were all young once and myself for one made allot of mistakes building my homestead. I learnt from it and adjusted accordingly.

JMHO

Banned
    Blog Entries

Riddle me this, Why don't people hire a guide, on there first couple of trips.....? Every part of the country has experienced guides available. If you don't have money, just work for a guide. I ain't cheap; but I can be had.

As for you, Sarge. Call it the way you see it. There's no reason not to.

As for the newbies, I'm in Bragg's corner on this one. If someone comes to the forum and says they would really really like to pet a grizzly about the only thing I can do is point out the error in their thinking. If they choose to ignore my advice, well, some things you just have to learn the hard way and my conscience is clear. We've had a number of folks come on here and want to "live off the land". Okay. Maybe the guy is yankin' our chain and maybe he just doesn't know any better. But I do know that if he's a newbie it's not his fault if he is the umpteenth guy to ask the same question. And it really doesn't do any good to slam them. It leaves a sour taste in the newbies mouth and others see a half dozen jump on someone and they walk away from the forum or don't bother to register for fear they will receive the same treatment if they ask a question. I know that's not what we are about and it's not what we want to portray.

In the case of Yodomike, he registered on the 28th, got clobbered and hasn't been back since. Can't say as I blame him.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, I said in another thread that I'll try to be a little nicer with noobs and I will. I still say though when we honestly and openly challenge some of the assertions they make, and try to learn more from them, they should respond a little more openly too. They say they come here to learn, well then, accept the questions, duhhh. Plus, we've had a couple who were immediately (I thought) out and out rude and then I figure, ok, gloves just came off.

But the burning question, the IMPORTANT question, the thing we all really need to know is....Bragg, what's this about fur nipple clamps? C'mon, tell........
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Yea Bragg!

Anyway, the number of posts and threads. The (+) signs. Join date. They add to the elitist club mentality.
    Well rebel,for someone with 20+ signs,I'd say you have a leg up on some of us.
    All we want is for the newbies to respect us when we ask them their age,and their experience,not one time have those questions been asked to start an argument with a newbie,it's so the information given,can be understood by the person based on their capabilities,you would not give the same information,per se to a 14 year old,that you would to a 30 year old.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

What? Someone is keeping track of the + signs? No one told me. How can I be an elitist? I need + signs. Come on folks, I wanna be your friend. Do it da** it or else!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Rebel - I disagree. The number of posts - just means you've been talking for awhile. The + sign is not visible to anybody but you. They are people that you've selected for you "friends list". I'm looking at a + next to your screen name now, I don't think that makes you an elitist. Join date - just an historical reference. Some people have been here for a long time and made a few posts, while others have made many. Some people have registered and tried to make 100 posts in their first 10 minutes. I believe I've made friends with several people on the forum, people that I would be proud and honored to trek out into the wilderness with. There are also some that I've met that I have .... let's just say a less than friendly relationship with. Really no different than day to day life. As far as being too rough on the newer members, yeah that sometimes goes on. For me, I try to be cordial and offer up good advice when I have it. When somebody asks a question and doesn't like the answer they recieve they sometimes respond with a less than friendly response. I know most people here can take care of themselves, I just don't like seeing my friends being attacked. I will defend them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

aawwwww, poor Rick. OK you guys, someone else go first, someone go be Rick's friend.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Well Rick,with the new additions(?) on the forum,everyone can see whos on your friends list,that used to be private info,viewable by the list owner.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

(Checking watch and tapping foot!)

Sorry Rick,I checked your friends list,and I'm already there!!!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)