Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: preparedness in images

Unhappy Why...

I can't see remy's pics from all the comments I sure would like to see them as they sound very well prepared!

anybody help???

Nice photos...
    I would suggest adding some more water tools...

The Aquamira frontier pro is nice if you do not want to commit to a bigger Katadyn water filter.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Those are great too.
    Light, cheap, and fast and easy to put in place.

those pics are cool remy. how long did it take you to accumulate everything? what would you suggest be the first item to get or start storing?

Great pics Dave and Remy. When I get my camera de-watered I'll take some pics of some of the preparations we have done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by redneckfarmboy View Post
    I can't see remy's pics from all the comments I sure would like to see them as they sound very well prepared!

anybody help???
    Not sure, maybe Rick or Sarge can help you out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

tonester,

Accumulation here goes beyond gear and consumables.
    Beyond objects themselves, is the understanding of objects in relation to survival.
    Buying a mouse trap, although a simple act, can reveal a world of knowledge...

The first item to store, if i really had to choose would be water.
    Most of the world walks 4 miles every day to get water...it is humbling really.
    Of course one cannot overlook the importance of first aid.
    A good first aid kit, and the knowledge that goes with it is paramount.

So i would say those two realms.
    Water and first aid.
    And not just the act of storing water, or having a first aid kit...but really immersing our minds and bodies into understanding their roles.
    The physiology behind it.
    The biology behind it.
    The chemistry behind it.
    The psychology behind it...and so on.
    What they mean and represent...
    Simply put...It is the difference between having a spare tire, and knowing how to change a tire.

The rest falls into place.
    Understanding that gear is not a substitute for lacking comprehension.
    Last edited by remy; 11-18-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Starving Artist

Simply put...It is the difference between having a spare tire, and knowing how to change a tire.
    And THAT, my friends, sums up a VAST majority of this forum!
    Dennis K.
    Not all who wander are lost.
    www.AnthemBrass.com

Well said, gentlemen. Well said. All the beans, bandages, and bullets in the world won't help if you have no idea what to do with them.

A friend of mine discovered I have been working towards preparedness, and has grown interested in it as well. He just bought a nice pistol, but has never fired it, has never even owned one. I made him promise he wouldnt buy any ammo til he finishes the safety class...

(why is it that everyone buys a gun first?)
    Last edited by Dave Johns; 11-19-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

Those short of actual shooting skills would do well to take a professional course similar to the one Mas. Ayoob teaches.

Here are a few pics. I'll post some more later.

This is one of the sheds I use for storage. 17 - 5 gal buckets w/food, plastic totes w/supplies, couple of generators (no gas in them while being stored - don't want fumes in the shed. I use the Buckets and totes because if I have to leave (hurricane) they are easy and quick to load into the truck.

Gasoline storage.

Water storage.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Nice setup. So I take it the shed is on your property - if so, how do you keep those pesky two-legged varmits from raiding?

Seriously, this is a question I have had in the back of my mind for a while. In a city situation anyway, it is kinda hard to hide ALL the preparations one would have to make to be fully prepared - what measures have you/do you take to keep your stuff YOURS?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

These sheds (there's a couple more small ones) are in my back yard. The yard is fenced and the sheds are locked. If there was a need to survive off these supplies I would move them all inside (not the gas or generators). Being easily transportable (into my house or vehicle) was the reason for storing this way. Of course the drawback to easily transportable is that if somebody is going to steal stuff, it is easier. For this reason, people in the neighborhood do not know what is stored in the sheds (actually you can't see them from the street).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I know you know this but have to say it anyway....just in case. Those plastic gas cans WILL generate static electricity, which can cause ignition if they spark. Just be certain to ground them before using them. Even the gas flowing through the nozzle can generate static electricity.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Trapper

I like it a lot remy. I think we all need to post more pictures of our equiptment so those who don't have it set up yet can get a better idea of what items look like and everything compared to what they think it might look like through sometimes vauge wording. At my house, our cellar is right by our garage through a trap door about 5'x5' (idk why it's so big) that he has concealed with a patch of (fake but very real looking) grass and a big rock (that still looks natural to the enviornment) incase we were ever in the middle of the uprising of a police state. We also has a second shack out in our woods for us incase of just whatever incase our hose burns down or something like that. Once I get around to it I'll take some pictures and put them up
    Last edited by Foxman; 12-07-2008 at 03:29 AM.
    The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes.

John 3:8

what is the best way to store water? ive heard a few times that bottled water isnt good cause chemicals from the bottle can make the water bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    what is the best way to store water? ive heard a few times that bottled water isnt good cause chemicals from the bottle can make the water bad.
    For my long term storage I use 6 & 7 gallon, food grade, BPA free containers. I'm not completely sold on the BPA debate yet, but I figure why take a chance. According to what I have read, water does not have a shelf life if stored properly. If you are concerned about it you can always rotate your drinking water stores.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Remy, what make is the large green backpack

Worst case scenerio man kx250kev's Avatar

Remy and crash, please PM me your GPS coordinates so I know where to "bug-out" to when the EOTWAWKI occurs. Hehee ;-)
    Seriously, nice emergency preparedness collection. Don't forget to obtain some defensive equipment to protect those outdoor supplies from midnight plunder. Example: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93068

I got my wife hooked on CBS Jericho, and now she is thinking like me and storing items too. Maybe the worst will never happen, but emergency preparation seems very logical to me. Major snow/ice storms, hurricanes, gas shortages, long term power outages, chemical spills, contaminated water, shipping/trucking strikes, crimewaves, etc. These things REALLY do happen, and when bad things happen, the people on this forum will be better prepared to "weather the storm".

Thank you all for contributing to this great site.
    Last edited by kx250kev; 12-08-2008 at 01:31 AM.
    Thank you Mark Levin and Andrew Wilkow for being our voices www.marklevinshow.com

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can offer another approach , But its kind of also the work that I do so I shouldnt say it in the main body of my posts.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Remy, what make is the large green backpack
    It is a "BFM" from Camelbak.