Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: preparedness in images

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas_Ranger View Post
    What if a hurricane or tornado blew the sheds away? Would it be covered by your home owner's insurance? That's a considerable investment there, Crash.
    Sheds are pretty secure. They are strapped down to 4X4's that are cemented about 5 ft deep. For me, the whole reason for storing things this way is that I can move things fairly easy. I can move things into the house or into a vehicle quickly if I need to. Granted, there are some things that could happen that I am not prepared for....I do what I can do.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Crash. That cache of goods looks well planned. You have obviously thought about the contingencies in your area and seem well prepared to handle them.

Like most planning, it takes continuous updating. What things would you do differently had you known then what you know now?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Crash. That cache of goods looks well planned. You have obviously thought about the contingencies in your area and seem well prepared to handle them.

Like most planning, it takes continuous updating. What things would you do differently had you known then what you know now?
    Hopeak had a good idea on keeping food stores a bit cooler (I do not keep things that are heat sensitive in the sheds). I probably would have sunk several 55 gallon drums in the ground and then poured the concrete slab, leaving just enough of the barrels exposed to access the ring on top. That would have given me a cooler storage area in summer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

awesome first aid kit