Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: preparedness in images

I'm green with envy Remy. Really. I replaced my bics with refillable butane lighters as I find that as they age the regular bics leak the fuel and then no fire!

Otherwise I am jealous. Thanks for sharing that, it is helpful.

He has everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink! (In one of the pics.) There is a pic with a hatchet, lamp, and 2 walkie-talkies. On the right side of the pic, above the walkie-talkies, to the left of the lamp, is a gold package labeled "kitchen sink".

Everyone should have the proper maps to his/her region. They are an essential part of understanding our location.
    Well, if a hurricane ever hit Michigan, my location would be "deep sh!t"!!
    Last edited by bulrush; 09-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exelent stuff, i practice primative camping, but nothing wrong with preparedness."Primitive" camping doesnt mean having a lack of that.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

EDC first aid

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Last edited by remy; 07-07-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Nice first aid kit Remy --- hope you never need it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Very nice kit, looks well prepared.

thats an awesome medkit , like unbelievably awesome. i was a little disappointed not to find at least 1 scalpel in with the metal items but you could put a utility knife in there , just as good umpteenth times as cheep. you should think about getting a pellet rifle , cheep ($100 will buy a decent break barrel and the ammo is .5 cents a round) , quiet , and you dont want to shoot a rabbit or squirrel with a .223 , nothing left to eat lol.
    This member asked that their user name be changed. They acknowledged that most of what they have posted in the past was less than truthful. Hence the reason for the signature post.

I'd nix the bleach in favor of CH:

Calcium hypochlorite
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobertRogers View Post
    I'd nix the bleach in favor of CH:

Calcium hypochlorite
    I agree on that one, Not just because its better, But because bleach is an strong alkali substance, Over time it can break down the cells in soft tissue in out throat, Gut, Not nice.....
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

For disinfecting water, the Calcium hypochlorite might work wonders (if you can stand the smell when you open the package)...but bleach serves MANY purposes...and yes, it should be rotated every 6 months.
    When we talk about "better", we should also consider the spectrum of uses a product has.
    What else can you do with CH ?

That you use it to disinfect water or not, a bottle of bleach at home is a plus...and at 2 drops per liter, you would have to drink a lot of water before damage to soft tissue...

Marcraft,
    Scalpel is present, and as for shooting squirrels or rabbits, that is what the ruger 10/22 is for (see photo of 870 Rem with ruger 10/22)...if i ever needed to shoot those guys.

Remy, excellent job on the photo array, thanks for sharing that. I was going to do the same thing, but I stored all my gear in camo bags and boxes and now I can't find any of it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

omg i cant belive i didnt notice the 10/22 , feel like an idiot now . still not see'n the scalpel. which pics it in?
    This member asked that their user name be changed. They acknowledged that most of what they have posted in the past was less than truthful. Hence the reason for the signature post.

It's ok...

Bottom left of the "Purell"...on the general view of the first aid display.
    Little shiny package.

Or scroll down to view the bigger pictures...you will find it just above the QuikClot.

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

That is an amazing Med kit. If you don't mind me asking were did you get the bag for the med kit.

/me hurries off to get his camera.

Excellent setup, Remy. and MOST EXCELLENT medkit. I thought mine was pretty good, but WOW.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

mcfd45,

I got the bag at a military surplus store.
    No brand or mark to be found on it though, so i could not tell you who made it.
    Not cheap either...very well made.
    The inside "see through" pouches are Philippine air goodie bags. They work out great because they protect and organize smaller items and medication and yet you can see what is in them.

The snake bite kit is from France, where i had to carry one as an educator.
    I do wish the bag was a tad bigger though...for i am missing critical objects to complete the kit.
    Note that i have a smaller kit also containing a small but very effective water proof first aid kit from "adventure 16", slightly modified... (see photo on previous page).
    The "big kit" shown here is our home kit, which we would grab of course and take with us when we go out.

We also have a car kit, not as complex but geared towards serious injuries pertaining to car accidents.
    First aid has been one of our main focus over the years...and it took us about a year to put it all together...still adding on to this day.

Let's see some of your stuff...

Marcraft, I have the same surgical kit in my gear. The scalpel is just the handle. The blades are sterile and in a package. If you look at the kit the handle is the fourth item from the top. The flat item beneath the tweezers and just above the probe.

Remy - As usual, a very nice job!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok, here goes.

This is the stuff that stays in my BOB. I should mention that I work some 35 miles from home, so I keep the pack in my truck,
    and the plan( what there is of one) is for me to be able to get from point A (work) to point B (home) safely if something
    bad happens. With that in mind, my pack is mostly short term in nature. Yes, I have made one of those dreaded "72 hour bags"...
    This is also the pack I use on my "test campouts". So far, so-so.

And after seeing Remy's medpack, I refuse to show mine until it is re-thought.

NOTE: I will be adding more pics when the battery on my camera recharges...

3 Litres of water, enough protein/energy bars to last me 3+ days, simple cook kit, 2 cans sterno, tea and cocoa for those "comfy moments"

A bottle of aquapure, coffee filters for really dirty water, a couple candles, lighters, matches, firesteel,
    (the asperin bottle is full of cotton lint for firemaking) 3 different light sources (one of them a wind up, with radio)

Personal kit, with TP (!!!), small towel, sanitizer, spare socks, shirt, undies, toothbrush toothpaste and SOAP.
    (Hey, I can rough it, but I gotta smell good when I get home to the wifey!)

A new tarp, military surplus poncho, and 100' 550 cord. My home away from home.

Ka-Bar, CRST folder, Coldsteel pocket Bushman, multitool (not pictured: Cheap hatchet)

A comfy pillow. I always sleep better with this.

Here everything is in the bag, ready to go. It is a nice, but not name-brand pack, 3000cu in, it works well for what I need. Total weight around 25#.

Last edited by Dave Johns; 11-19-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

How Does Back Pack County Compare To MH? And Is There Sauce For The Pasta?
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton