Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Reputation

Hey psssst. Yeah - you buddy.....can you spare some rep?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    here you go....

Okay, sorry. I should have known this right off but had to look it up. The number of reputations you see in your User CP is set in an options panel by Chris. It looks like he has it set to 5. So you are only seeing the latest reputations that have been given to you, not all of them (assuming you have received more than five). Can the number be changed? Yes. But what number would be good? 10? 20? I don't think it really matters as long as everyone understands it's just the last 5 reputations that they have received.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh God, I get so sick and tired of running into your kind on every corner of the Internet. Why can't you just get off your butt and get out there and earn reputation?? Hmmm??? It was good enough for your parents generation, you...you...layabout...you ne'er-do-well, you bum I think it's just disgusting that you expect hardworking people like us to just have to give away our reputation because you can't get the ambition to get up and earn it for yourself. ...At least get a squeegee and clean some windshields around here! Yeesh!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

^^^^^now thats funny^^^^^

Man, this rep stuff is hard work.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Apparently there's some legislation in place that says I'm not allowed to give you more rep Crash, sorry about that, thanks for the windshield job though, I'll have to owe ya!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    some Of These Restrictions Or Rules May Not Apply To Moderators And/or Administrators.

Why.........

They apply to me. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe the fledgling moderator is the only one restricted.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Can a member view there entire record of "REP" thingies or only the last few....?
    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-10-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Only the last few.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My question is this.... Someone gave me Rep but my "rep points" did not change in numerical value. So what was the point other than someone saying "Good job", which they could've done in the post itself. I would think that everyone even a newbie(Snicker snicker) like Sourdough would have at least 1 point of value and then increasing in value following the guidelines set forth. (I'm having way too much fun tormenting you mods with this) Which I think is Sourdoughs point entirely, just guessing.
    All I'm saying is that a "newbie" has no point value in this but some have seriously raised my Rep points with just one of these "attaboys".(not that I can tell that the Rep points have done anything except give me a big head for the first 2 or 3 times - I thought I had DONE SOMETHING, then life settled back to normal LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    the Rep points have done anything except give me a big head for the first 2 or 3 times - I thought I had DONE SOMETHING, then life settled back to normal LOL)
    Want me to take some away?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Nah! Wait 'til I get 800 then you can have half!! Wait!! I've got an idea we can use them for poker chips!!! No that won't work you only have one color or the other.... Mosaic tiles.... nah....They've got to be good for something!!!
    No Seriously the only thing I Don't get is that Newbies like Sourdough can give you "Rep" but It has no point value... Don't Newbies count? I mean I'm still one,If I use it as a means of complimenting someone it means nothing. It's just quicker than saying "Good Post!! (We all know how slow I peck. It took me 5 minutes to do this!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    I've got an idea we can use them for poker chips!!!
    I'll trade you the last bite of my Snickers bar for two positive Rep Points.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Look at it this way. Some "person" signs onto the forum with less than noble intentions. They are some booger eating, pimply faced troll that gets their jollies by disrupting forums. If they do it publicly, they get banned in rather short order. If they do it by other means, it might take longer. Either way, they have to try and get it done before their mom tells them it's bedtime. Because of some of the "safeguards" in the system it just works out that way. Honestly - it's no big deal. This does not seem to be one of those forums where people are judged by how much rep they have, but rather by the content of their posts. I've seen other forums (not saying that they exist) where unless you had half a dozen green thingies or medals under your avatar.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

You left me hanging with that last sentence.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Look at it this way. Some "person" signs onto the forum with less than noble intentions. They are some booger eating, pimply faced troll that gets their jollies by disrupting forums. If they do it publicly, they get banned in rather short order. If they do it by other means, it might take longer. Either way, they have to try and get it done before their mom tells them it's bedtime. Because of some of the "safeguards" in the system it just works out that way. Honestly - it's no big deal. This does not seem to be one of those forums where people are judged by how much rep they have, but rather by the content of their posts. I've seen other forums (not saying that they exist) where unless you had half a dozen green thingies or medals under your avatar.
    Yeah I've seen that metropolis forum and it's medals..Don't care for it at all. Go there just to remind myself of what home really is and is NOT. You know like how do you know you're happy if you're happy all the time? Sometimes you have to leave home to really appreciate it.

And now for the rest of the story.....

I've seen other forums (not saying that they exist) where unless you had half a dozen green thingies or medals under your avatar all of your posts were discounted. Seemed more like a mutual admiration society than a place to exchange meaningful information.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Watch it Ken will throw rotten tomatoes at you for impersonating Paul Harvey!!!