Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: All About Reputation

Rep.PNGSo is there a reason why my wife an I can only give positive rep.?
    And do the Mods and staff control the rep.?Say if someone gave me rep. can a Mod or staff come and take it away?It seems the 10 rep. spread then you can give it to the first is not working for us either.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBag333 View Post
    Rep.PNGSo is there a reason why my wife an I can only give positive rep.?
    And do the Mods and staff control the rep.?Say if someone gave me rep. can a Mod or staff come and take it away?It seems the 10 rep. spread then you can give it to the first is not working for us either.
    Only mods can leave neg rep. The administrators can change rep but I doubt they ever have. As far as the 10 rep spread, I think that number depends on how many posts you have made (or something like that). I'm sure Rick or Crash can clear it up better.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Camp10 is correct. Only mods/admin can give negative rep. Wasn't always that way, but the story is long and convoluded. Everybody starts out with 10 rep points. As members give out rep to your posts, that number will increase. The "rep power", or number of points that are given depends on several factors (number of posts, how long you've been a member, et). When a new person gives rep, it adds 0 points and shows up on your setting page with a little grey box. When Rick, for example gives rep it adds several point (based on his number of posts and longevity) and shows up on your settings page with a little green box. If you receive negative rep it will show up with a little red box.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Only having joined in March it's going to be a while before you see any significant changes in your reputation. Your reputation level is 1, Your reputation power is 10 and your join date was in March. You're kinda in the basement at this point. But, that's where everyone starts.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thats really informative.thanks.

****************************** bye bye.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-26-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Algeria again? Sheesh.

I have been a member for a little while but haven't been able to give rep for it seems like 6 months.

On another note I noticed that when I logged in today, I started getting warnings that this is not a secure site. I went to another forum I am a member of, not survival related, and it had the little lock in the box so i figured it was not something on my end.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

What happens if you click on the "sheriff's badge" to give reputation?

What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and I don't receive the warning when I log in.

Using Edge 83 on Windows 10. As far as the rep it just says, you must spread some rep before you can give any to Rick or Crash or Krat or Alan or Rebel or whoever. I thought I was spreading purty good.

Before you can "give rep" to someone that you have already given it to, you must have "reped" ten other people first.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I knew that Crash, but I usually don't rep til a member becomes somewhat established in my mind. I guess that limits my opportunities.
    Any way big thanks to you and Rick for all the hard work ya'll do to keep things running smooth.
    Last edited by chiggersngrits; 06-01-2020 at 09:30 PM.

If you can, try using another browser to log in and see if you still receive that error. I don't receive it so I'm wondering if the browser is returning it. You might trying dumping cache too and see if that will clear it.

Dinner at moms house tomorrow, I will get my brother to take a look, he is the family IT guy. Thanks Rick