Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moderators, Dictators or coordinators

Quote Originally Posted by fitfisherman View Post
    too bad theres not a global ignore for screaming babies in the middle of the night.
    Of course there is. It's called "Honey, YOUR baby is crying."
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i like that vw he is interesting

Default My 1 Euro Dollar Worth On This Topic...

Ok, gotta tell ya all, for quite a few years I've been recon'ing, snooping, pooping and checking out a lot of outdoor survival sites and forums. And the only ones that I register on with my nickname (Army Ranger Rick) are those in which the moderators seem to have control of the forum.

And I don't mean in the way that they can do whatever they please, but instead they take control of a forum situation when either things seem to be getting out of hand (conversation wise), when someone is being a royal @ss-O and or a bully and beating up on another forum member.

The bottom line and to cut right to the chase, I like the way the forum moderators control the forum here. And if you disagree with what they say and post, like someone here mentioned before, you can send them a PM to discuss it.

I disagreed with what one of the forum moderators here said here last month (or was it this month) in regards to one of my posts. And so I sent the moderator a PM telling him I disagreed in what he posted (about me) and the next thing I know he removed his posting. That's what I call being fair.

So far I have only been kicked off only one forum just because of some comments I made about a product. I won't mentioned the name of the forum or the name of the product here, you can read about it on my site.

But after the website/forum owner & moderator both contacted me to ask me to withdraw my posting/comments about the product I talked about and to apologize to all the forum members too... I "regrettably" complied with their request but then they still booted me off the forum. And what pissed me off is that they didn't tell me they were still going to boot me off and ban me, they did it behind my back.

I only found out that they booted me off and banned me when I tried to log back onto the forum several month later. When I tried to log on a pop up notice on my computer screen said I was permanently banned for "abusive comments about another forum member."

What the hell???? I didn't say anything about another forum member, I just made some comments about a product and the company who makes it.

Well I tried contacting the website owner and the moderators to find out what is the real reason why I am being banned. But they would never reply back to me, in fact they put a block on my email address too.

If you are going to boot and ban somebody from a forum, at least give them a couple of warnings first before doing so. Or at least tell them the real reason as to why they are being banned and booted off. Don't just close and slam the door on someone without an explanation.

By the way, I mention and talk about this incident on my website under my "zips & sparks" page.

Well I later found out why I must have been booted and banned from that forum. Because the product that talked about on that forum, and a well known product too. I found out the developer of that product is a registered forum member, which I didn't know at the time of my comments and posting. Which one can only assume he didn't like what I posted, contacted the website owner and moderators and asked them to do something about what I said or rather posted. And so they did, the website owner and moderator booted me off the forum with no follow up explanation.

There's more to this story as some of you may already know (or will see) but....The point I am trying make here is some forum moderators chose to run their forum "dictatorship" or "mafia" style. Not here! And so that's why I keep coming back every so often and most of you do too, all because the moderators who run and control the forum. Right?

Anyway, I was just getting ready to go to bed and thought I'd stop by for a few minutes and see what ya all were chatting about and thought I'd throw in my 1 Euro worth of comments.

Nite all!

Blog Entries

Well said ARR. And what happened on that other forum was bs.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

Cool Yeah!

Like Beo said ARR, hang with the Wolves baby! We treat you right. (Aside to Rick) "I thought we banned this guy!

On the serious side, thank you for placing your web-site with your signature, I'm going to check it out right now!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool To Army Ranger Rick!

BTW, beware a Survival Forum site titled "The Omega man" & it's owner: Ryan Gillespie...aka "TheFreakinBear". He likes to hijack Survival info from other forums.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I've dropped folks without warning before but only if they are really blatant with spam or have obviously come on to cause wanton havoc and destruction. Otherwise, I'll talk to them behind the scene (PM). I try to identify the infraction, define the expectation, and let them know what the consequences will be. Not every PM but most.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Go Ranger!

I visited "Army Ranger Rick's" web-site & I gotta tell ya, our brother Wolf is gettin' crap from people alright. Some clown wanted to sue him over his "cut-down Bic lighter". Sheesh! However I wonder if the Ranger knows that I originally invented the "Survival" necklace back in the 60's! That's right, of course it was more of a "Hippie" type. It was made up of love beads with a peace sign hangin' from it, a condom, (it was used, but still had a couple of more uses in it.) A roach clip, a small American flag to protect me from mean Red-Necks, & even a Twinkie for when I got the "munchies". Don't think I'll sue though...Those Rangers are a tough lot!

And BTW Ranger, you might want to think about what you're getting into here...one Mod calls himself Sarge and has never been in the service & the other Mod likes to dress up in a full size Twinkie suit.....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin