Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Pistol

Uh, when did I warn you? I just said you needed a thicker skin. That's all.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by BaerClaw View Post
    so you go to my profile klkak and see im in my 20's so you list all the things youve done knowing it will be more then me because of my age. to make you look good to everyone
    BaerClaw, I welcomed you here, told you to make yourself at home, you said you were interested in learning more about the wilderness, and you were also in your last semester of college. Aren't your Professors older than you? Don't they have access to your profile? I'm sure you didn't walk into their class and disrespect them, nor tell them you know more than they do, nor tell them how they should act or teach. Just in case you never learned these two things, respect is earned. klkak has earned that respect here because of his knowledge of wilderness survival (and much more). The second is, knowledge is power, not that you're a big bad azz. And just for your information, during combat I saw some real tough guy bad azzes crap in their pants during their first fire-fight. Be a man, apologize, and let's go from there. Fair enough?
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaerClaw View Post
    plus dont act so tuff i fight competively and me against you klkak wouldnt even be sport.

make the choice for the right reasons. ; )

so you go to my profile klkak and see im in my 20's so you list all the things youve done knowing it will be more then me because of my age.
    I'm sorry you are so tough that you have to fight competitively. I would caution you to think about it several times before you face off with an old man.

So you are 20 and have no combat experience. In a way I'm happy you won't have to live with those memories. My 22 yr. old nephew has 2 tours in Iraq and my 20 yr. old niece has one tour in Afghanistan and will be going to Iraq next summer.

I made those statement in my earlier post so you would know I wasn't talking out the side of my neck. I think it is great that you have a pellet gun. Having it for the reasons you listed made absolutely no sense. Having one so you can kill squirrels in your back yard without having the police come visit you is cool. Having a pellet gun in your hands when a group of soldiers is trying to kill you is very bad and is very unlikely to ever happen in this country.

My young friend I will never knowingly give you bad information. Long ago I devoted my life to make sure others had more knowledge then I had when I went into harms way or into the wilderness. One other thing I will not do is coddle someone. If you are speaking out of ignorance or trying to pass off B.S. as facts, I will call you on it.

Now if you want to continue trading punches here then you will have to do it alone. I have found no point in arguing over knowledge and wisdom. If you want to learn then you will listen to those old men that you think you can whip.

One more thing....No one on this forum has to stand up for me. They do it because I've earned their respect. Just as I will stand up for many of them. If you hang out around here long enough and humble yourself. You will earn not only the respect of others but of me. Regardless if you value it.
    Last edited by klkak; 11-23-2008 at 11:12 PM.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

Exclamation Food for thought

For those that use or are thinking of getting an air rifle or air pistol. I did some shooting with my air rifle over my chronograph. I am providing the following information to help you make a more informed choice.

This in a .177 caliber air rifle. Its advertised muzzle velocity is 1000fps (I achieve this velocity with my chosen pellets). The pellets I use weight 7.9 grains. I am exceptionally good with this gun. I routinely kill pigeons with head shot at a laser verified range of 41 yards. I have shot several snowshoe hare with this gun and decided it was marginal at best. If the range is kept down to less 25 yards and a clean head shot is taken it will take snowshoe's. Body shot are rarely instantly fatal. It is deadly on spruce grouse and squirrels if the range is kept to less then 25 yards.

I don't recommend an air rifle of less then a high velocity .22 caliber for hunting and .25 caliber would be better. I would never recommend an air rifle as a survival weapon.
    Last edited by klkak; 02-27-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Sarge - move to General Survival
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel