Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lever Gun Advice by Owners for Owners

I use a marlin 336-c chambered in 35 remington and love it. A 200 grain bullet is best for my gun. I had a sling on it but decided to remove it because a weapon with a sling ends up on your shoulder. At least in my case it does. If I could find a combat sling like I used in Iraq I would use that but have'nt found one for my rifle. Lever action rifles are fine guns for hunting in my opinion.

There is a company (cant remember the name) that makes or made a pump 357 mag. looks almost the same as a rossi 22 pump. Seems the name had timber in it . If i find out ill repost

You might be talking about the IMI Timberwolf .357mag pump rifle. From what I found, it has not been made in about 20 years.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There are several companies that make a copy of the Colt lightning pump rifle, including Taurus. It is available in .38/.357, 45LC, 44-40, 38-40, mostly old west caliber as it is big in the SASS comunity.
    I know what hunts you.

I use my Rossi M92, with .38spl reloads, at least twice a month in Single Action Shooting Society competition.

It's quite easy to take-down for cleaning and repair, and as you've seen, lots of web-sites giving directions. I've had a local gunsmith "smooth" the action and it's VERY reliable. The original Assault Rifle

I also shoot a Marlin 1894 model, shooting both .44 spl and .44 magnum, to match my Ruger Blackhawk in 44. The marlin is VERY strong and several models of their lever actions shoot BIG caliber rifle rounds.

The habit of carrying rifle/pistol's that shot the same rounds came from cowboys in the 19th century who wanted to only carry one type of ammo on those long trails.