Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Does this flag bother you?

Blog Entries

True Trax, sailors hang in groups
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Oh really? Cuz the other thing she told me is they really don't hang much at all.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I've got the pictures.
    Yeah? Are you in them with the rest of them?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Oh really? Cuz the other thing she told me is they really don't hang much at all.
    Dohhhhh....
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Dohhhhh....
    Think it was more like oh-oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhh, then ahahahhahahhah

Blog Entries

you two are cracking me up.

you two are cracking me up.
    that's what your Mom said.

Blog Entries

Trax are you mad, I hope not.

You guys are brutal. Funny...but brutal.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Wink Low Blow

Back up for adoption again!!! NELL come and get him.! I can't even take a nap without things getting "out of hand". Good discussion, didn't read like anybody lost it. We don't think alike and I could care less what somebody runs up their flagpole as long as the Stars & Stripes are on top. I know several men that fly the USMC flag under it along with the MIA, Stars & Bars. Only one gets me and that's my problem 'cause it shouldn't.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    Back up for adoption again!!! NELL come and get him.! I can't even take a nap without things getting "out of hand". Good discussion, didn't read like anybody lost it. We don't think alike and I could care less what somebody runs up their flagpole as long as the Stars & Stripes are on top. I know several men that fly the USMC flag under it along with the MIA, Stars & Bars. Only one gets me and that's my problem 'cause it shouldn't.
    Coot,what Trax is saying here has nothing to do with flags of any sort.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

We were all joking around, I hope Trax didn't get mad I know he for one can take what is dished out on here, I've seen worse.
    Well I guess I'm done with this thread, it turned into a bit of argument and I did not mean for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    Ain't nothing to do with flags Pop. If you can't get into it, best to stay out of it.

Banned

That would make it a race issue then wouldn't it, the slaves were black, although I agree it wasn't all about slavery. And those wealthy landowners were lazy, plain and simple. Force someone to do your work. But never forget a lot of societies have had slaves from the Egyptians to the Native Americans, Vikings to Romans and in colonial America indentured servitude was a crude form of slavery.
    If the Civil war was about slavery the Union would have passed a bill to offer to buy the slaves freedom. The American slaves were treated much better than any slave in the world. In the Caribbeans the average life expectancy was around 35 since they were either worked to death in the sugarcane fields or dies of Malaria. It was pretty much the same in South America. The average life expectancy for a slave in America was 90 and they were allow to get married and have children. This lead to over population among the slaves. Only 5% of the South even owned slaves. The South was basically pigeon holes into being only an agricultural area with most of the taxes from the harvests being used to pay for the Northern infrastructure. The blacks were not the only slaves in America. The Union employed White slaves.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I'm not talking about what the flag stood for back during the civil war, I know it was a conferate battle flag and to me it is a part of our national history. But today it stands for racisim point blank. Not from the people in South such as those from here or just the good ole country boys from the south, but from the racist groups that use it like the kkk, neo-nazi's and others, sad fact it is now associated with them.
    I don't care. Some folks view the American flag as a hate symbol.

FUBU is just a clothing line, like everything that is supposed to be "cool" to the younger generation it died off some like every trend does. I have seen white kids, black kids, hispanic kids, and asian kids wearing FUBU, its just a clothing line like Sean John.
    All this racket about a flag yet you turn a blind eye to a brand like FUBU. What do you think about Dixie Outfitters?

Sarge I agree, we need a clothing line for wilderness people.
    Designer survival gear?

Trax are you mad, I hope not.
    Know what bro? I already said that it wasn't funny, not based on it being about me and Nell and the differences we've had with SR. It's an insult to us and him. Don't get that? YOu apologized once and changed your mind....how funny would it be if it was you and your lovely wife and ANY other guy?

All this crap I've been posting isn't funny, or it shouldn't be it's friggin' juvenile. But hey, I can stay at it til they ban me.

Banned

Know what bro? I already said that it wasn't funny, not based on it being about me and Nell and the differences we've had with SR. It's an insult to us and him. Don't get that? YOu apologized once and changed your mind....how funny would it be if it was you and your lovely wife and ANY other guy?

All this crap I've been posting isn't funny, or it shouldn't be it's friggin' juvenile. But hey, I can stay at it til they ban me.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on this, trax. *shivers* They are taking Braggs bad joke to a new level. You are handling it better than I would have.

My apologies to all - I'll delete the posts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on this, trax. *shivers* They are taking Braggs bad joke to a new level. You are handling it better than I would have.
    easy Sam easy, deep breaths. Don't worry, it probably won't happen again that ..you and me agreeing thing... (I hate to admit this Sam but there's actually things we've agreed on in the past too....)

Remember the saying: "if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones" ?

People like to ridicule and find fault with others for being different. The differences are varied. It could be race, religion, demographics, etc.

Because of my job, my wife and I are from the south and live in the north. We constantly hear deragatory comments from northerners about folks from the south. We know these people do not mean what they say but, this was how they were brought up. These folks don't think it is offensive to try and mimick a southern accent but, it's no less offesive than calling someone a name.

I guess, if you're not from that race, or religion and you have something to say that is not kind then do yourself and others a favor and keep your mouth shut. Stop being offensive.

This brings up another problem in our society. Excuses. Every race, religion and culture has had attrocities committed upon them at some time in history. It's time to lay down the flags of percevied injustice and work together. What was a problem 40 years ago no longer excists. If the speical interest groups no longer excisted then all types of flags would go-away.

It has been said before in this thread that the Civil War was not about slavery, but rather about economics. At least, in the North it was a war of economics. In the South it was ideology. States' rights vs. Federal law. The North needed the agricultural base of the South. Without it, there would be no need for factories to run, railroads to be built, and banks to circulate money. Slavery was essential to the Southern agricultural economy but it isn't like every evil-eyed whitey down below the Mason-Dixon had his own personal string of slaves to whip. You might want to research on slavery in the North. (Massachusetts was the first slave-holding colony in New England - slavery there dating back to 1624.) Slavery was not just a Southern sin.

As with all wars, there was heavy propaganda. Easier to stir the population for war when it is about emotions and a dehumanized enemy. That propaganda of Southerners as ignorant, aggressive bigots seems to have lasted, too. (I had a woman in New York ask me, with a straight face, if I bought shoes just to visit Buffalo.) Many Southern soldiers marched to war to protect their homes and their land, their immediate community and their state from an invading army bent on destruction. Their sacrifice and bravery under that flag is as worthy of my respect as the ones who took up arms to protect their home and country in any other conflict.

I do not fly that flag any more than I fly the Italian flag my grandfather was born under or the 13-star flag that my earliest American ancestor fought for. It disgusts me that the Confederate flag has been taken as a symbol by hate groups about as much as it disgusts me to see a faded Stars-and-Bars sticker on the back of a H3 with the caption "these colors don't run" under it. About as much as it disgusts me to see lapel pin-head politicians waving our flag to send more of our best and most valuable out to die.