Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Ted Kaczynski

Default Interview with Ted Kaczynski

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Kaczynski moved in a cabin that he built himself near Lincoln, Montana in 1971. His first decade there he concentrated on acquiring the primitive skills that would allow him to live autonomously in the wild. He explained that the urge to do this had been a part of his psyche since childhood. "Unquestionably there is no doubt that the reason I dropped out of the technological system is because I had read about other ways of life, in particular that of primitive peoples. When I was about eleven I remember going to the little local library in Evergreen Park, Illinois. They had a series of books published by the Smithsonian Institute that addressed various areas of science. Among other things, I read about anthropology in a book on human prehistory. I found it fascinating. After reading a few more books on the subject of Neanderthal man and so forth, I had this itch to read more. I started asking myself why and I came to the realization that what I really wanted was not to read another book, but that I just wanted to live that way."
    Interview with Ted Kaczynski

Diggler - What's your point????? Are you suggesting that because he dropped out of society, built a cabin, learned some primative skills he should be some kind of model to follow. Let us not forget that he sent bombs through the mail, killed three people and terrorized many. Not something to look up to or emulate if that is why you were posting about him.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Exactly what I was thinking Crash,not much of a role model.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Looking at past posts...and I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy. Lets just say, If I were to get an invite the answer would be.. NO.

Whenever you have a prominent figure like Bill Joy of Sun Systems, saying that Ted Kaczynski does indeed have some legitimate arguments, then yes....those views should be taken SERIOUSLY:

Why the future doesn't need us

Frankly Diggler I don't care who says what about him. It doesn't change the fact that he was a murdering coward. What is it that you admire about him?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i think crash is maybe some sort of "admiration" so to speak of the skills that allowed him to live off the land, i have read up on eric rudolph trying to learn how he lived off the land not his acts against society, i may be speaking out of turn as to what diggler is saying i just know why i have read about these two.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

That's why I'm asking the question. From the last response, it doesn't appear to be an admiration of his survival skills, but rather something else. Again, that's why I'm asking.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I worked in the prison where Mr. Bundy was held.

If you, Mr. Bundy and Mr. Kaczynski happen upon each other in HELL give them my I'm sorry speech. Thanks.

Funny- I spend alot of time in Lincoln, Montana. It is kind of a sled dog mecca. The same year TK was arrested was the first year Doug Swingley (of Linclon, MT) won the Iditarod. It was a pretty monumental event because Swingley was the first musher from the lower 48 to beat the Alaskans at their own race. Swingley made National news. I remember watching TV and hearing Linclon mentioned twice in the National news in one night. If you ever visit Lincoln, you'll know what is so funny about that!
    Lincoln is one street, with a couple of bars, churches, restaurants and a school- that s about it. Its amazing its ever been mentioned by the nat'l press at all.

The unibomber was mentally ill. He claimed to be a Luddite. I can agree with that- but, killing people who have different views than you- to me is crazy- not admirable.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Though Ted K was certifiably nuts I think that photo of the cabin in a wharehouse is kind of neat, seems fitting. Eric Rudolph was caught while dumpster diving for food. There's a lesson in that somewhere. I think it was admirable that Ted K's own family recognized his writing and turned him in. It is one thing to pull back from society and live on your own and quite another to go bombing people. If he had stuck to his insane ramblings he would still be out there typing away. I'm sure there's lots of folks doing just that. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

quote killing people who have different views than you is crazy not admirable
    try telling that to anyone who has ever been in combat. not trying to nitpic. i understand you are using a differnt context here.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    quote killing people who have different views than you is crazy not admirable
    try telling that to anyone who has ever been in combat. not trying to nitpic. i understand you are using a differnt context here.
    Defiently a different context. But, in all actuallity soldiers aren't killing other soldiers just due to "personal views" its much larger than that. Most likely if you met a communist, or a Muslim you wouldn't instantly kill them. A soldier killing in combat is radically different than what the Unibomber did- thats why soldiers aren't considered murderers. The people he blew up did not realize there was a war going on and they were not involved in a fight.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

quote-thats why soldiers are not considered murderers end quote- by whom our side?
    tell me have you ever faced a 13 girl armed with an ak-47 and you killed her?
    tell me then if you don't feel like a murderer. thats all i'm not going further with this.
    i understand you view though and your probably right, but even the other side thinks they are right.

Wareagle...there is still a big difference here- and it doesn't matter what side your on.

In a War between governments and countries "War" has been declared and the particpants are at least aware they are in a fight for their life and their cause. When one soldier kills another it is in battle- no matter who the enemy soldiers are. Both parties are engaged in the fight- so in most of the governments around the world this is not considered murder.

Sending a package that is packed with explosives to an unsuspecting person, who is not engaged in battle is murder. That is a big difference.
    However, I do understand what your saying here....it reminds me of the Bob Dylan song
    "With God on our side"

"With God on our side" by Bob Dylan

Oh my name it is nothin'
    My age it means less
    The country I come from
    Is called the Midwest
    I's taught and brought up there
    The laws to abide
    And that land that I live in
    Has God on its side.

Oh the history books tell it
    They tell it so well
    The cavalries charged
    The Indians fell
    The cavalries charged
    The Indians died
    Oh the country was young
    With God on its side.

Oh the Spanish-American
    War had its day
    And the Civil War too
    Was soon laid away
    And the names of the heroes
    I's made to memorize
    With guns in their hands
    And God on their side.

Oh the First World War, boys
    It closed out its fate
    The reason for fighting
    I never got straight
    But I learned to accept it
    Accept it with pride
    For you don't count the dead
    When God's on your side.

When the Second World War
    Came to an end
    We forgave the Germans
    And we were friends
    Though they murdered six million
    In the ovens they fried
    The Germans now too
    Have God on their side.

I've learned to hate Russians
    All through my whole life
    If another war starts
    It's them we must fight
    To hate them and fear them
    To run and to hide
    And accept it all bravely
    With God on my side.

But now we got weapons
    Of the chemical dust
    If fire them we're forced to
    Then fire them we must
    One push of the button
    And a shot the world wide
    And you never ask questions
    When God's on your side.

In a many dark hour
    I've been thinkin' about this
    That Jesus Christ
    Was betrayed by a kiss
    But I can't think for you
    You'll have to decide
    Whether Judas Iscariot
    Had God on his side.

So now as I'm leavin'
    I'm weary as Hell
    The confusion I'm feelin'
    Ain't no tongue can tell
    The words fill my head
    And fall to the floor
    If God's on our side
    He'll stop the next war.

Thumbs down

killing another person in a 'war' is legal murder for a cause.,(Justifiable homicide?) and justifiable by whom? the governments involved? yes. But not by any moral standard that I have come across. So those of us that have killed in a war live with that the rest of our lives and either forgive ourselves and go on living... or not... and end up with post taumatic stress... or maybe worse, can't seem to stop killing... such a trauma we went through. There are other reasons I suppose, but the point I am trying to make is that murder is murder, for whatever reason and whether legal and justified or not. I agree with WE and Crash and T. Kaczynski was a serial murderer, I don't care what noble cause got him into the wilderness, I don't care if he was living as primitive as a neanderthal, he was a serial killer and that negates every other positive aspect of his existance. In short he was a waste of the time it took to breed him and a total waste of space and air. Period!!

as i said before i've said enough on this, i did not nor do i want this to turn into a debate sometimes things hit a nerve an we post what we do, it just brought up something painful for me and i let it out. we have not heard back from diggler on his motivation for posting this thread, hope we can leave this here as is

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    as i said before i've said enough on this, i did not nor do i want this to turn into a debate sometimes things hit a nerve an we post what we do, it just brought up something painful for me and i let it out. we have not heard back from diggler on his motivation for posting this thread, hope we can leave this here as is
    I agree... not worth another post.

Agreed. enough. Also, I was not in anyway trying to defend the Unibomber....I hope that it came across in my posts that I thought he was a murderer, and in no way noble.