Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: urban survival kit for women

Question urban survival kit for women

im trying to assemble a kit for my girlfriend but the only things i can think of are a good folding knife/small flashlight/pepper spray/water purifying straw/water bottle/bsa hotspark/charcloth/mini bic/power bars(2)/emergincy poncho/wistle/ducktape/hygiene products/medkit/RXs this kit will be mostly urban help,tips its all going in a medium size purse

Blog Entries

This is what I got for my wife's car:
    This 26+ Piece Urban Survival Kit contains the following items:
    Backpack Black
    Datrex food bar 2400 calorie
    Water Aqua Blox
    Light Stick
    Fire extinguisher
    Crank Flashlight/radio/siren
    Flashlight with batteries
    First aid kit
    Solar sleeping bag
    Rain poncho
    Swiss army type knife
    4 in 1 emergency tool
    Whistle
    10 yard roll of black duct tape. US made
    Wet bath wipes/knaps
    Survival kit-in-a-can
    Chow set
    G.I. Style Aluminum Canteen Cup
    Matches
    Clothes Line/Rope
    Sewing kit
    Candles The candles in this kit are in bulk and do not include the metal stands as shown here.
    5 in 1 Survival Aid
    Gloves
    Tube Tent
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    She loves having it in her car, in her purse is a whistle & mace. She takes what she needs if she needs to from the kit. The backpack is actually pretty small no larger than a medium purse. Camping Survival.com sells it for $89.00 but I pieced the same kit together for $52.00 on my own because their prices are waaaaaaay to HiGh!
    Last edited by Beo; 08-11-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

wow thanks lots to think about and thanks for the links

Blog Entries

no problem bro, and don't forget to add a few female products so she's comfy. I had too
    Last edited by Beo; 08-11-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...why would it be a different kit for a woman than for a man?
    Actions speak louder than words

Blog Entries

Its not, but I let her pick what she wanted then made it myself exactually the same but cheaper. I added a few things a woman might need ya know what I mean, hygene items wise.

Warman87 - you may have to go to a larger bag, but you may want to take a look at food (in addition to energy bars), cordage (550 maybe), a few candles, a few chem lights, something to boil/collect water in, change of cloths, and change of footwear. Looks like you're off to a pretty good start (or finish if that's all she needs)
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wildWoman View Post
    I actually read somewhere that feminine pads are excellent for compression bandages in an emergency. One of those multi purpose items. My wife has had her plumbing removed so this is not an issue.

Blog Entries

Plenty of uses for all kinds of things. One bush woman I know uses tampons as firestarters in the winter: she dips one briefly into the skidoo fuel tank, then lights the fuse (after removing it from the fuel tank, obviously ).

Blog Entries

They also work very well for bloody noses. In hs, ol Bill was wrestling and got a cross face pretty bad, he started bleeding all over the place. His girlfriend Lana, yeh, we always joked "Lana ya wanna," but she pulled one out, pulled off a piece, shoved it up his nose and he went back in for another 2 minutes.

That was a long time ago, now days the mats would be burned and the hazmat team would be called.

Lana was great, real down to earth.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

2 folding chairs, decent first aid kit, flashlight and a handgun (mine stashed with a box of ammo), scraper. umbrella and that's it. Unless we travel and I stock the car she ain't gonna change after 44 years or so she still thinks I'm a nut, rude, crude and socially unacceptable. She was working retail in a shopping center in 7 Corners VA, went to pick her up and I don't know what some guy said to her but she got in big time MAD. She asked if I was gonna let the guy talk to her like that. I have no idea what he said just got out, walked over tapped the guy on the shoulder and laid him out in the parking lot in front of at least 500 people. Got back in the car drove off and caught hell for it. But we lived happily ever after. I guess I am just uncouth. Probably too late to change her.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by wildWoman View Post
    Women need to have pink stuff, like pink knives, pink backpacks, pink tools. Do you have tools with flowery handles and stuff like my store does? They are all geared toward women DIY.

One bush woman I know uses tampons as firestarters in the winter: she dips one briefly into the skidoo fuel tank, then lights the fuse...
    The fuse! I love it! lol.

The fuse was pretty good, WW.

Bulrush - It depends on the time of year. More junk in the winter than in the summer for obvious reasons. I don't stock her vehicle any differently than I do mine. If the weather is really bad she might be driving my truck because it has 4 wheel drive. So both vehicles have the same stuff.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gourdhead1997
    My wife has had her plumbing removed so this is not an issue.

Bro, waaaay too much info there. I got this image of her under the kitchen sink tearing out the plumbing and you standing there saying "there ya go darling, now you got it"
    Last edited by Beo; 08-12-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Default urban survival kit for women?

Let her decide for herself. MDN? If you don't have a survival kit, urban or outdoor...time to figure it out for yourself babe. I know you'll do just fine.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Nell and wildWoman are gonna have a field day with you dude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Nell and wildWoman are gonna have a field day with you dude.
    Methinks somebody got cold feet and deleted his posts

I think beo was refering to bulrush's, "women should have pink..."
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    I think beo was refering to bulrush's, "women should have pink..."
    No, that Yukon outfitter dude had a rather idiotic post in here and then deleted it and everything else he posted except his wonderful intro. I think that's just a bored kid fooling around because he seems to be slightly confused about his location. Ross River is in the Yukon, but in the intro he say's it's in BC, so he's most likely some little nerd in Toronto or whatever who's read too much Jack London. But who knows.

As to the girlie tools and pink stuff...well, no argueing that there are lots of women who do buy that kind of stuff for some strange reason. I have to say that I was always wondering why so many tools come in that hideous blaze orange - until I started building and began looking for this or that tool among all the sawdust and lumber, and then a little lightbulb went on.

Blog Entries

WW you are right I was refering to Yukon Cornhole's moronic posts that he seems to have deleted. Got sceared off all ready, scee-roo-em, he's a Johnny Butterbutt. One has to be thick skinned to be here, but he left rather quickly... hmmm.
    Last edited by Beo; 08-12-2008 at 01:57 PM.