Thread: Thinking outside the survival box

Default Thinking outside the survival box

Yesterday I had time to go shopping alone. I told TDW I needed to pick up a few things.

Well in her minds eye, I was going out the get her the Mossy 500 in a 20 gage. We had talked about this and she knew I wanted to get one(Home Defense) for her.

Well I went to the store and picked up a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Ya $200 + for a mixer seemed like a lot. I know TDW will use the heck out of it. It is something she would never spend that much money on for herself. Her wrists have been bothering her(arther)lately and we may need to have them repaired again. This will save her wrists a hole lot if wear and tare.

Now a Shotgun for $200 or a mixer for $200. Let me change that. If you count the attachments I ordered, once I got home! $450. I ordered the small bowl, A cover and the grain mill attachment.

TDW is happy. We have a grain mill now that will save me some money, by not having to buy one.

Sometimes you have to walk away from the Survival Mode and just do something unexpected and shocking.

I am so prouder of myself! I got to put one past TDW and shock her like I have not in several years.

Now you might ask about TGF. Well she needed a washer and dryer. She picked out what she wanted and I went and paid for them and set it up so they will be delivered today and set up.

This has been an expensive week.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Now you march right back down there and buy that shotgun young man!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

If you REALLY want to shock her....plug her in.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Good one Rick, I'm glad that little honeymoon didn't do anything to make you less weird or make your jokes any better...that would have been disappointing.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you REALLY want to shock her....plug her in.
    Rick, lets keep this PG-13 ok? Talk about 'plugging in the wife might be a bit racy. (see below)

(no offence intended here, I hope you had a nice trip)

I think it would be hard for me to be more weird. I try to have my weird level topped off each year but other than that I'm at peak.

Bad jokes are a talent. It takes years of practice. Much like singing off key or marinating in perfume. You don't learn those talents over night.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Don - Keeping TDW happy IS surviving.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Bad jokes are a talent. It takes years of practice. Much like singing off key or marinating in perfume. You don't learn those talents over night.
    Just another reaffirmation as to why I'm not going camping with this guy

I went out today and got her The Mossy 500 in 20 gage! 4 Boxes of buck and a box of slugs to go with it.

If all goes well I'll get the 22 mag I want before she realizes how much I have spent.

I did get some oatmeal cookies tonight. The first she has made in over a year. I asked her if we should take the mixer back and her reply was a profane(heck) NO!

I can not wait till the grain attachment gets here so I can have some fresh bread.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

You gotta love a woman that WANTS a weapon as a present. You da man, Don!

Here I go again.

TGF(the girl friend) came over last night and her and TDW spent some time looking over TDW's new shotgun. TGF asked where hers was? OK now guess what I did earlier today? Come on, try and guess!

Yup I got TGF a Mossy 500 in 20 gage and picked up small game hunting licenses for us three. We are planning on a quail hunt and a rabbit hunt around the end of October. 4 days camping and hunting out on the flats.

All 3 shotguns are at the gunsmiths right now getting rifle sights put on them.

Don

Smooth Don, very smooth.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Seems to me it's smooth TDW and TGF, very smooth. They are the ones getting the gear!

By the way, Don. I could always use another weapon if you want to go shopping again.

Think about it. "Are you enjoying that wonderful Kitchen-aid mixer with all those wonderful little attachments? How about those shotguns girls, are they OK? Nothing is too good for you two. Oh hey, I'm heading down to the (fill in your favorite toy store here) to pick up a (fill in your favorite toy here). I'll be back in a little while girls."
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Okay, you win.

Smooth me, Don. Smooth me. Shower me with gifts!

Blog Entries

You really wanna shock TDW dump the girlfriend.
    Last edited by Beo; 08-08-2008 at 08:15 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Hey Now Boe! I thought about it! Once! Than came to my senses.

TDW and TGF are best friends! If I got rid on one, I might loose them both. Besides it takes both of them to keep me in line!

Don