Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: livin for a year

Gads, the Wolf Pack is out hunting tonight! We really aren't this offensive as a rule. Cut the guy some slack. At least he's trying to plan out what he wants to do.

I think Spring '09 is a bit aggressive on a time schedule given the fact that you have 0 skills at this point (based on what you've said so far). You don't realize how much you don't know. And not knowing where you want to go only compounds your problem. You can learn a lot between now and then but you also need to practice what you learn. I don't know where you are specifically but if you don't have a back yard the Indy area has tons of parks. Utilize them to learn the various ways of making fire. You'll need to learn how to purify water, first aid, identify edible and medicinal plants, set snares, and a lot of other things. And the folks above are correct, you'll need tons (literally) of supplies if you expect to live a year in the wilds. Even mountain men had a base of operations. A cabin where their supplies were cached.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

you have all you need head on down the road theres rabbit and deer poop for the stew have at it is all good dont go spoiling yourself with a gun a tent and such it will just rob you of the prestine beuty of the call of the wild go on hit the road never mind what these old farts myself included try as they will to talk sense into your head theres plenty of water and food and shelter out there dont let them talk you into being a big sissy and learning stuff you dont need just do it .

Default Well I may have run this guy off, but...

Hey Yodo o-o-o-o

I may have hurt your little feelings yesterday, so I'm sorry let's start over. Here, have a lollipop. NO! Don't eat that, it's full of sugar! See, the crap you put into your body is your choice, you're a big boy now you can ditch the Wonderbread and Spam. Now, here's the thing about primitive ways, know what the Indians really really liked about white men showing up on their shores a few centuries ago? GUNS! and that's not all, iron cookware, iron needles for sewing with, iron axes!! See? Sometimes a little technology is a good thing.

Now you come back with a response that involves things like where you want to go live in the wild,(Florida and Manitoba both have a lot of swamp fer instance, but way-heyhey different living conditions) what skills you can bring to your plan (people who say they're good at building something out of nothing usually find out they're wrong when they're confronted with....nothing) and I'll offer you all the good advice I can, k? Or, go with my original advice, you're 22 now! You can choose for yourself.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Well I may have run this guy off, but...
    Come on trax, don't hold it in
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Come on trax, don't hold it in
    oh you know me partner, bashful and coy...
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Glad that was water I just spit up!!!
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Blog Entries

Cool Oh for Pete's sake!

Yoda, or whatever his name is/was wants to go "caveman" in the wilds for a year but can't take critisism...or teasing from this bunch? Sheesh. Here's a quote from the original "Yoda": Do, or do not, there is no "try".
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin