Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Survival 101.

Blog Entries

No man is left behind.

Volwest, you know this.

how's his mind vol can he still lead or do we need to put him out to pasture .

Default Ok I'll get off the knife thing even though i have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by volwest View Post
    After all, we are only as efficient as our least efficient member.
    I'm not so sure about that, That's an old statement that could use some help.

There may be some things you couldn't do as well but for the most part that wouldn't be the case unless this is a tiny group, like things that you used to be able to rely on someone for but now can't. but we aren't talking about a battle or a sneak attack on an enemy stronghold, there would be things that the weakest could do, teach for example.

Let's put it this way then...

We are being tracked.
    A group of 20 armed men are on our tail...and old Sarge there can't run anymore, and he coughs so loud that trax is getting a little nervous.
    If those goblins catch up to us, it is certain death to our men, and sorry girls, it's going to be a long night.
    You see the fear in your wife's eyes. And by that point Owl girl is having a panic attack.
    We have no guns, and no time to find a somewhat decisive maneuver to loose them for good. They are closing in, and we either go faster, or we are ****ed.
    When that's the case then your right, and it gives sarge the opportunity to be a better man than the rest of us... as he stumbles off coughing valiantly in another direction... I think our sarge would have already left while we were still trying to figure out whether or not it was moral or not to leave him behind.

i can hardley wait till sarge sees what we have been up to.

lol yeah I'm waiting for him to pop in and say something........

Blog Entries

Wow.

Can you ask another to do what you yourself may or may not do?

The better question is, you can't run, you cough too loud, you are going under no matter what, what is your decision? With your wife looking in your eyes.

I know my decision, what's yours?

that's a hard question fvr hard question.goona put some thought into that.

i sit here and picture my wifes face if we were in that predicament. a very helpless feeling comes over me.my wife and i have talked about who should go first, i love my wife with everything in me and would never disrespect her but we both know that she has a weaker constitution than i do, she cannot handle stress the way i do,linda plays tough but that's becuse she knows that i am here for her, if she were to go i would be angry and alone but i would survive, so back to your question, what would i do unable to move causing harm to her and the group, all that i can say is that i hope that another one of the warriors is able to protect her.and i would fight to the death to give her time to escape.

Blog Entries

Talking Okay! Party's Over! Ten-Hut!

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been reading your posts and laughing my butt off! Before that I just got through watching the newest "Survivorman" episode and guess what he did, showed the proper way to drink urine, with a solar still! Okay, here come the bad guys, and you all want ole' Sarge to save your young little tails, is that it? No problem, but I don't go off alone! Oh no you don't, not with some former Army Rangers on hand. This is gonna be a team effort and your all gonna be in on it! The guy with the poison dart has got point, of course. Wareagle and Trax will back him up with stone/flint knives. If all that fails then VW jumps in, starts talking and confuses the crap outta them while I sneak up behind them and slit their throats with that expensive hunk of hardware...Hey! I love made-up scenarios, got any more?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

btw. that question bothers me to no end.my whole life as you guys know has been as a protector in some form or another, so to envision myself unable to protect what means the most to me quite frankley angers me.

enough said....

Blog Entries

This poison dart dude, he better come through. He better be spittin'm and s*itin'm, fast, real fast.

Now honestly, there are 20 and they have guns. You have the Army Ranger, French Marine, US Marine, Sarge, a bunch of hunters, few young guys who think they are invinsable.

And a few very pissed off woman.

20 guys with guns, they better go back and get re-inforcements.

sarge ya make me laugh. i wonder while you were away from the computer if you felt the icy cold hand of death descending upon you from your merry men.

[.

And a few very pissed off woman.

time to duck and cover

Blog Entries

Wareagle,

The question is just plane scary. To be helpless, unable to protect, if you survived, how could you continue to live.

My answer is very much like yours.

if i did live and recover..it would take me to a dark place that i have always hoped i would never have to go, even linda reconizes it is there she has told her friends god help anyone that ever tries to hurt her. i would not kill the sob but guarentee he will wish he were dead..

Blog Entries

Wink Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    sarge ya make me laugh. i wonder while you were away from the computer if you felt the icy cold hand of death descending upon you from your merry men.
    No i didn't, but it did my heart good to read those because for once you were all on the same page! Even VW & Trax were working together, fantastic! That's the "group mentality" I've been talkin' about. Of course the part where I go off and die...(sob).
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

surprised me too ol vol and trax.

What do you mean "I'm right"...i haven't said what i would do yet. lol
    lol guess you didn't, but you put forward a scenario that would almost force my hand contrary to what i think about the "weakest member" issue. if I was the one to go? I wouldn't welcome the idea I but could only see it going one way. whoever stays behind would probably die or be a prisoner. And as much as I like the idea of being clever and doing as much damage to the enemy I doubt I would hurt more than a couple with a one man ambush IF I even had a weapon.

Blog Entries

Cool Brother Wolf, I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    if i did live and recover..it would take me to a dark place that i have always hoped i would never have to go, even linda reconizes it is there she has told her friends god help anyone that ever tries to hurt her. i would not kill the sob but guarentee he will wish he were dead..
    I can understand and relate to your problem. 1st, though, let me just say how much I appreciate reading about how much you guys love your wives. I've been having to deal with a dysfunctional family on my wife's side. No steady relationship in existance there, and there are two children involved.

There are no "right" words to say when someone loses not only a spouse, but a "soul mate" as well. I believe these words are true, "that when two people marry, they become one", at least that's the way it should be; we all know that it doesn't always work out that way. I also believe that death is inevitable. One of my favorite films that I haven't mentioned is "The Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom. In this one scene he's trying to discourage a fellow knight from joining up with the Army. His line is: "You go to certain death!" The other guy smiles cryptically & says: "All death is certain." and off he goes to die in battle. I hear you brother wolf.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin