Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: greetings from georgia

Blog Entries

Cool Ten-Hut!!!

(R. Lee Ermy voice) Okay you dirt-bags! Settle down before I have you all doin' push-ups from dusk to dawn! Let's clear the air here right now! (Back to "Sarge" mode)

1st: DanMc, your last post reminded me of a friggin" Dr. Suess story: Sam I Am"!

2nd: Sam Reeves, you ninny! This IS the Wolf-Pack! So grow a pair, along with a thick skin!

3rd: Until yesterday afternoon both Sam R. & Dan M. had the SAME IP...who freakin' cares?!

4th: Worst case scenario, they are the same person. Remember VolWest/VolSouth/ & his latest screen name? Survival Hike did the same thing because he messed up, got banned, started his own forum site, then it went South so he came back on. Thing is he told me so I asked Chris to re-instate him. As long as nobody here is a Troll or a Spammer...who freakin' cares?

My opinion: In this country (Background music of voices humming "Mine eyes have seen the glory." They grow in cresendo.) A Wolf...er..man is innocent until proven guilty; & quite frankly, there ain't enough evidence to support that theroy yet!(Music changes to Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A.) If these guys ARE the same person they're great actors as the tone of their posts are not the same. Rick's running a trace on their IP's to see if they come from the same location. So everybody calm down, take a deep breath & relax. If you all want to chew each other up over posts, then knock yourselves out...but lets not worry about who's who, Ok? Compared to the "Nut-Bowls" we've had on here before this is nothing.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    (R. Lee Ermy voice) Okay you dirt-bags! Settle down before I have you all doin' push-ups from dusk to dawn! Let's clear the air here right now! (Back to "Sarge" mode)

1st: DanMc, your last post reminded me of a friggin" Dr. Suess story: Sam I Am"!

[2nd: Sam Reeves, you ninny! This IS the Wolf-Pack! So grow a pair, along with a thick skin!
    Bah. I'm one of the roughest SOBs in the local militia. I'd probably just eat most of internet tough guys here.

3rd: Until yesterday afternoon both Sam R. & Dan M. had the SAME IP...who freakin' cares?!

4th: Worst case scenario, they are the same person. Remember VolWest/VolSouth/ & his latest screen name? Survival Hike did the same thing because he messed up, got banned, started his own forum site, then it went South so he came back on. Thing is he told me so I asked Chris to re-instate him. As long as nobody here is a Troll or a Spammer...who freakin' cares?

My opinion: In this country (Background music of voices humming "Mine eyes have seen the glory." They grow in cresendo.) A Wolf...er..man is innocent until proven guilty; & quite frankly, there ain't enough evidence to support that theroy yet!(Music changes to Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A.) If these guys ARE the same person they're great actors as the tone of their posts are not the same. Rick's running a trace on their IP's to see if they come from the same location. So everybody calm down, take a deep breath & relax. If you all want to chew each other up over posts, then knock yourselves out...but lets not worry about who's who, Ok? Compared to the "Nut-Bowls" we've had on here before this is nothing.
    This shouldn't have taken more than three seconds. When y'all finally figure out who's who by all means please let us know.

Blog Entries

Cool Arrgghhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves View Post
    I'd probably just eat most of internet tough guys here.
    Okay! These are orders! NOBODY...& I DO mean NOBODY...touches that line! Capice? It was bad enough with the guy & his pet lizard!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 07-15-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: oops.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Okay! These are orders! NOBODY...& I DO mean NOBODY...touches that line! Capice? It was bad enough with the guy & his pet lizard!
    Must have a different meaning down here than it does up there.

Dan and Sam don't have matching IP addresses.

It doesn't mean that they aren't the same person. Sam could go to a library and post as Dan, Dan could have been Sam all along. It could be a neighbor, a friend, etc etc. Who knows. This is the Internet. For all we know Sam is a genetically engineered tree frog who hops from key to key to type.

But no, their IP addresses don't match. Since he's joined Sam has used a cluster of IP addresses from one ISP to post. Dan's IP is from a different ISP. Though, both Georgia.

I stayed out of this foray until Chris's response. I spent a bit of time investigating this. If Sam and Dan are legitimately two different people then I owe them that much. As Chris said, the historical record shows two different IPs and two different USPs. I made an error on that and I apologize to both Sam, Dan and the rest of the forum members.

In addition, Dan uses a mail forwarding service through MIT University that can only be accessed by alumni and students. So it would appear that Danmc is legitimate and I apologize for thrusting you into such turmoil just for registering on the forum.

Mea Culpa. I trust this issue is now ended.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I sent a pm to Danmc, but since my inferences were public, let me apologize here as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sam and Danmc - The beliefs of others was generated by my mistake, not theirs. I take full responsibility for the mistake.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I will offer public apologies here as well,since I too beLIEved they were one and the same.

Dan,again,welcome to the wolf pack.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

Cool Alright!

So does this mean that Clark Kent is not really Superman? Sam & DanMc, this has been cleared up & Rick has been fined a dozen Twinkies for his error. In the words of Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Is 50 a new record for posts in a "hi, how you doing" thread? I'm glad its all been cleared up. This is in the past as far as I'm concerned. Rick, Chris, thanks for looking more into the confusion and getting it cleared up.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves View Post
    Yes, I read the book. Obviously, you have ,too.

First off, my apologies to you and danmc, second, nope I just read a synopsis and asked myself "who'd be interested in reading that crap?"
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

WOW!!!! I missed all this. Anyway Welcome DamMc.
    Ignore Sam Reeves he's a racist azz hat. The rest are good people and for what its worth there is some real good information here.
    Beo,
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I thought you were kidding. There really is such a thing as an azz hat. It looks terribly painful, though.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    First off, my apologies to you and danmc, second, nope I just read a synopsis and asked myself "who'd be interested in reading that crap?"
    600,000 copies sold world wide and most have probably been passed around a few times.

This thread is a pretty good example of the mob mentality. If this was a witch hunt I would have been burned at the stake for telling the truth.

Well....you're half right.

There you go Rick - making me spit coffee on the monitor again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

The sky is blue, Rick.

Look at the good side. At least we would have drank a beer in your honor after the fire died down. And you would have kept us warm for a while. That's a plus, right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Look at the good side. At least we would have drank a beer in your honor after the fire died down. And you would have kept us warm for a while. That's a plus, right?
    If you would drink to my bones would the ones that I took out before this grand funeral pyre took place be hailed as heroes?