Thread: serious sh** literally

Default serious sh** literally

a few years ago in southern ontario (the snow belt) a major snow storm hit knocking out power to the grid, which meant no pumps working at the lift stations, as you already know i am a plumber so i started recieving calls about sewers backing up in basements, i soon realized that it was a town problem w/o power pumps will not pump crap away doing much damage to your home not to mention the health risks of staying in the house noe remember this is a major snowstorm so its not like you can just run to the local timmys(canadian residents only) my american feinds would have to go to the circle k but still i got me planning i have installed a back water valve in my sewer line allows crap out nad nothing back in.

same scenario when the major black out hit summertime but same problem this time water if your town is gravity fed then you have until the water runs out but what then , now fortunatley my small town in northern ontario is readily prepared lots of diesel generators(the city itself) not to memtion private citizens) but what if your town is not set up?

has anyone ever considered these problems arising?

always be prepared

Blog Entries

Wink Crap Happens!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    a few years ago in southern ontario (the snow belt) a major snow storm hit knocking out power to the grid, which meant no pumps working at the lift stations, as you already know i am a plumber so i started recieving calls about sewers backing up in basements, i soon realized that it was a town problem w/o power pumps will not pump crap away doing much damage to your home not to mention the health risks of staying in the house noe remember this is a major snowstorm so its not like you can just run to the local timmys(canadian residents only) my american feinds would have to go to the circle k but still i got me planning i have installed a back water valve in my sewer line allows crap out nad nothing back in.

same scenario when the major black out hit summertime but same problem this time water if your town is gravity fed then you have until the water runs out but what then , now fortunatley my small town in northern ontario is readily prepared lots of diesel generators(the city itself) not to memtion private citizens) but what if your town is not set up?

has anyone ever considered these problems arising?

always be prepared
    If that pump situation happens here I'm callin' Wareagle to come take care of the crap! (Pun intended.)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

No pump for me. I have a septic field...

What about setting in a wooden plugs in the drain holes that can be removed at a later time?
    To thyne self be true

I'll be using septic for waste, a well for freshwater supply, and alternative power backed up by a diesel generator, so hopefully I won't have to deal with this.

On a side note, that valve you're talking about, I believe, is a Perry valve. I went to school with Carl Perry, the son of the inventor. Here in the US the government mandated all new buildings must have the Perry Valve installed, which is why Carl was able to drive to school in a Porche. lol