Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you carry your gear in?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    A Harley I hope...
    Not this trip. It was a KZ750. Did the trip in '79. I've also done it on a GS1100. All told - cross country on a bike 5 times. The only Harley I've owned was a Sportster - no long trips on it. Have been motorcycless for several years now. I've had my eye on an Ultra Classic - but not in the near future.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The only Harley I've owned was a Sportster - no long trips on it.
    Nor would you want to... They're nice (have one, a 100th Anniversary 1200 Custom ) but not made for long trips.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Long time lurker, first time poster...

i realize that it says "no advertising" at the beginning of this forum. but i've got a "Pack" section with awesome prices on my website ArmedBearArmory.com

I use the 3rd pack in the listing (and one for my wife's BOB).

We backpack and so travel light.

I use a North Face Terra 60...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

... with a built-in "hydration system" which is just a fancy way of saying water bladder.

Inside of this pack I fit in all the food, water, tent, sleeping back, knife, cooking gear, rope, bear spray, water purification filter, tp, fire starter, rain gear, camp shoes so I don't have to wear my hiking shoes around camp, etc. that I need for multi-day / multi-night hikes.

I have different bags depending on the need. For work I have a man purse or murse. It's similar to the Seinfeld manzier. Other times, a mack truck on my back or, so it seems. Lighter is definitely better.

Armedbear1746 - how about heading over to the introuction section and tell us about yourself.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Armedbear1746 - how about heading over to the introuction section and tell us about yourself.
    This is the response I expected in GSD to mitchbowguy the other day when I said you changed. Pretty funny in a wt... way.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    This is the response I expected in GSD to mitchbowguy the other day when I said you changed. Pretty funny in a wt... way.
    Ahhh - but he did an into with his 1st post, a rather good one by standards that we're used to seeing. For me anyway, I just like to know a bit about whom is giving or getting advice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ahhh - but he did an into with his 1st post, a rather good one by standards that we're used to seeing. For me anyway, I just like to know a bit about whom is giving or getting advice.

no problem peeps, i completely understand. I'm just interested in survival, especially in the coming "trying times". I believe it's going to get worse before it gets better, but i pray otherwise.

And there's the other half of me that is the budding entrepreneur, to whom setting up at gunshows (even the smallest gunshows) is like Christmas morning to a kid. Seriously now, If GOING to gunshows is like Christmas to me, shouldn't that be my JOB??!! My belief is that if you do what you absolutely love, you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedBear1746 View Post
    no problem peeps, i completely understand. I'm just interested in survival, especially in the coming "trying times". I believe it's going to get worse before it gets better, but i pray otherwise.

And there's the other half of me that is the budding entrepreneur, to whom setting up at gunshows (even the smallest gunshows) is like Christmas morning to a kid. Seriously now, If GOING to gunshows is like Christmas to me, shouldn't that be my JOB??!! My belief is that if you do what you absolutely love, you can't go wrong.
    I've also heard "don't make your hobby your job or you'll loose your hobby".

Thumbs up

i understand that, but i wouldn't call gunshows a "hobby". i don't know what i would call it, but not a hobby.

seriously tho, who here would not give their left testicle (or ovary, to be PC) to have a job doing what they love. Are you ever late for THAT job!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedBear1746 View Post
    seriously tho, who here would not give their left testicle (or ovary, to be PC) to have a job doing what they love. Are you ever late for THAT job!!
    I am.......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Always did. Am now. If I didn't love it I'd move on. But a lot of that is appreciating what you have and not chasing the green grass. (wink)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Late? No. I am grateful but, it might be nice to not go.

I am.......
    What giving your left testicle?
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    What giving your left testicle?
    Gosh I hope not. Own my own little business, get to work outside every day, get to meet and help people.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

I carry all my food and camp gear in my haversack or a snap sack, my diamond fly shelter is laid on the ground and then I put my ground cloth out flat in that, next is any spare clothing, then fold the diamond fly ends in and fold agin until its 2 1/2 feet long with a tumpline running through, then tie on my strap and sling over my shoulder.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Cool

beowulf this is the best post I seen all day isn't this survival I have a three stick pack frame i made with leather straps and all held together with leather tongs my harvest sack go on it with my dimond shelter. if i don't get some whiskey soon I'm going to die !!!!!!!!!!!!

i use this pack as a day pack
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/PACK109-41564-514.html

with a few molle pouches it does quite nicely
    plus i can switch the extra pouches around to get my weight centered
    Last edited by dragonjimm; 07-09-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

I carry my survival kit in a vacuum packed bag, well a foodsaver bag.