Thread: New guy here

Default New guy here

Hi folks, I look forward to being a part of the forum, it seems this place is brand new?

I've always loved to camp, hike, and shoot, since moving to Utah a few years ago I have been doing a lot of fishing, and my newest thing, extended camping trips on a kayak.

Utah has its quirks, but it's an outdoorsmans paradise. It has my favorite thing: Miles and miles of miles and miles.

There's also a hundred different ways to kill yourself in the back country here, most of the stories I read in the paper about local deaths are entirely preventable, and always tragic. This week avalanches are the big killer, I think it's 5 dead in 7 days.

I am determined never to be one of those tragic news stories, I have been reading everything I can on survival, and my survival kits are getting better all the time.

Here's an example on the lack of preparedness of some folks, last season, on one weekend, 3 seperate pairs of stranded snowmobilers were rescued off the same mountain, a total of 6 men, and NONE of them managed to start a fire, all were hyperthermic, some had frostbite (they only spent one night up there, I think two might have killed them all).

6 guys, no matches, no lighters! And no one with brains enough to use the materials at hand on a snowmobile to make fire, like the spark of a battery over a fuel soaked rag.

Nope, I'm determined, no one will ever read such a story about donny h.
    I hope.

Well hello Donny, very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about the stories. I am in a small town in Quebec, and there are always ski-doo accidents or boat accidents, heck even some yahoos accidentally shooting themselves! LOL I too am determined not to become one of those stories. Hope you enjoy it here Donny and i am looking forward to hearing stories!

A big howdy to you. I am also looking foward to the stories of your adventuers. I don`t snowmobile, but have friends who do. So we have been often.

was doods me notin

so what u doin guys

welcome welcome well i hope this site makes sure you arent one of the people who end up all that donny