Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we have this conversation?

read your earlier posts and figure it out show your as smart as you think you are..
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    read your earlier posts and figure it out show your as smart as you think you are..
    Nowhere have I implied to be an expert on anything.

It is silly to consider some of the most primitive people in the world to be "warriors". One on one I doubt they would have stood much of a chance with any other soldier in the world at the time. Europeans quickly took control of the Americas because it was like taking candy Away from a baby.

My eight year old daughter can shoot a BB gun and is learning basic Karate from her mother. Is she also a warrior?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    "The Indians were untrained because they were without formal training and probably lack the skills to become properly trained."
    Sam.

What ?
    I know people here are smart enough to realize that this is NOT what i meant.
    But i guess...you are a good representation of the views and the understanding of the "white man" of the time, concerning what and who native Americans were. They were "untrained", because they did not want to become like "you"...
    As for lacking skills to become "properly trained", it is the opposite...they had too many skills to become "properly tamed".
    That's not what I meant at all. The Indians were untrained because they were basically a stone age people using primitive and ineffective means of warfare. They were a pest not a threat.

"If a feller joins a mob it is because he miscalculated."
    Sam.

Why not.
    When has a mob ever been right?

"Cows were here before we were and they ain't violent."
    Sam.

lolll...You think of violence as Man often does...simplistically. I said, Man, is the first animal that thought of, imagined, life functioning under a principle that is completely different. I doubt cows think about concepts and principles yes ?
    You are here confusing violence as a principle of nature, with the role of preys and predators within this principal. A cow is a prey, and it has many predators...the rapport between the two is by nature...violent.
    I haven't confused anything. Nature is violent. Somehow we have forgotten that over the course of a thousand years. We were probably reprogrammed by religion which is probably why some here seem to admire the simple life of a primitive people untouched by a foreign religion. (Indians)
    Personally I consider anything that kills out of the order of it's food chain to be violent.

"Anything that is a rebellion against nature is evil."
    Sam.

Then The Christ is evil by your definition.
    Along with a very few other men...
    It is fascinating to think that nature, which we spend so much time defending, and therefore the principle organizing it...violence...could be abandoned for other possibilities.
    More Europeans have died in the name of Religion than anything else except maybe invasions by Mongolian hordes. I suspect religion has a tendency to be evil while wearing a mask of holiness.

Banned

Wow. Ya'll are really going to dogpile me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-guerilla View Post
    you've been watiching too many anti-indian westerns from the 40's and 50's
    Nope. I read.
    IMO, the Viet Cong were one of the most formidable guerrilla forces of this century
    No, what that proved was that politic ans make for lousy generals.

do you really think there are " play fair " rules in warfare - no kicking/hair-pulling

anything to win
    Like I said politicians make for lousy generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves View Post
    By that standard every decent deer hunter is warrior

A lot of deer hunters helped win our freedom from the most powerful army of the time..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    A lot of deer hunters helped win our freedom from the most powerful army of the time..
    You mean soldiers who also hunted deer. Most of the Revolutionary's were lead by decorated ex-military officers. Some were ex-military themselves.

negative. most were farmers. your an *** hole here to casue trouble. Lead is the the key word..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves

You mean soldiers who also hunted deer. Most of the Revolutionary's were lead by decorated ex-military officers

Some were ex-military themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    negative. most were farmers. your an *** hole here to casue trouble. Lead is the the key word..
    Isn't that what I said. They were LEAD to battle and SOME were ex-military.

Am I a A-hole for telling it the way it really was? Maybe you are an A-hole for basically repeating what I said.

Am I a A-hole for telling it the way it really was? Maybe you are an A-hole for basically repeating what I said.
    A few points here. As far as telling it the way it really was - you rarely do that, but rather spout some gibberish that fits your view of the world. Secondly, you seem to evoke an emotional response from quite a few people, did you ever think it might be you. Lastly, the possibility of anybody being an ***hole for repeating anything that you have said - you actually may be on to something there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Isn't that what I said. They were LEAD to battle and SOME were ex-military.

Telling it the way it really was?? Remember,you are spouting the WHITE MANS version of how history unfolded...
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Sam, no less than seven people, in this thread alone, have told you that you're wrong. Maybe that's something to consider.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Sam Reeves, come on dude, think about it.
    and is learning basic Karate from her mother. Is she also a warrior?
    Yes she is, by Japanese martial standards. I have a 4th degree black belt in Aikido, and a 2nd degree in Iaido, in Japanese martial standards that makes me a warrior. Martial Arts... think of the words smart guy. Karate is Japanese for Way of the Empty Hand, a martial art of self defense. The arts of japan date back to the fuedal times and the era of the samurai and most Japanese still view things this way.

The NATIVE AMERICANS, did back then what we call Guerrilla Warfare by todays standards, they trained from birth to be hunters, gathers, and warriors. The Native Americans gave us our history here in the U.S. and what we did was so disgusting and shows how we broke our word (treaties) at any given point. A word and your personal honor is all you have and what did we show the Native Americans? Folly, lies, and backstabbing. During the French & Indian War Rogers Rangers were based off of the tactics of the Native Americans because they were kicking the crap out of the Brits, the French had already formed this form of warfare as it was better suited to the terrain. George Washington (who was a major under Gen. Braddock) told that idiot to use the colonials up front as they had learned from the Native Americans hunting and warfare. So yes they were better and smarter fighters than the brits.
    Custer was an idiot who walked into an ambush and got what he deserved.
    To say the Native Americans were behind is just stupid, they were doing fine until we showed up and screwd them out of everything and gave them disease. Our past is disgusting and as I have said sooooooo many times this country was NOT discovered, you cannot discover a land when the people who live there are standing on the shores looking at you. Discovery means finding something others have not. Europeans were dirty and disgusting only bathing every great once in a while, while the Native Americans bathed daily, personal hygene was big among the tribes of North America.
    Source: Documentary Movie- The War thet made America by PBS & the History Channel
    Book- Braddock at the Monongahela by Paul E.Kopperman
    Book- Journals of Robert Rogers of the Rangers by Robert Rogers
    Book- Christopher Gist’s Journals with Historical, Geographical and Ethnological Notes and Biographies of Christopher Gist
    by William M. Darlington

These are in my library if you wanna read the history of our country in truth and not the pack of crap in schools history book,
    So you are wrong and still think you are right... that is truely sad. Think before you post. My signature sums you up pretty good too. Thin about it.
    Beo,
    Last edited by Beo; 07-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

Also Source- Book The War That Made America: A Short History of the French and Indian War by Fred Anderson
    Nuff said.
    Last edited by Beo; 07-09-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Let's get back to the main subject yes ?
    My bad for bringing up native Americans.

"When has a mob ever been right?"
    Sam

It is not about right and wrong.
    Mobbing is attached to instincts...instincts are not right or wrong, they just are. Many other species share the same mob process, and calling it a "mentality", is probably the source of many misunderstandings.

Blog Entries

It is about right or wrong.
    If a mob forms and they march and get out of control they tear up things, hurt others and themselves, and cause huge amounts of damage. Now the "IF" at the begining of that is not all that big of an "IF" because in my 16 years of being a cop I have seen more than a dozen mobs and all but 2 got out of control, all had someone injured, and all brought in people that were bent on nothing but destruction. There are right ways to do things and mob rule is not the way.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I know I am gonna choke on this being a natural born Redneck from Appalachia and all, but I agree with Beo 100% (that hurt). I have read the books he names and common sense alone would bring one to the same conclusion. American Indians had a great deal until it was ruined. They hunted, fished, fought and took it easy while the women did all the work and we screwed it up. Beo for your information the United States has officially declared us a "minority", Appalachian-American aka Redneck(so be nice to me). I also would suggest to anyone to read a little about the Melungeons. They are a mixture of all races who came North and settled in Appalachia possibly before the white man and have been verified by genetic traits and DNA. I do agree that you can't whip a dog in his own backyard and the Colonials had to learn from the Native Americans despite their superior firepower. I DO disagree about martial arts belts and ranks because of all the "strip mall masters". I just can't imagine anyone being as stupid as the British.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Default mpov

The mob itself being "right or wrong"...or the mob's view of itself, is of less interest to me than how some here feel they would deal with the mob.

If a mob is wrong and are attacking you and you use a gun to defend yourself, you shoot individuals, not a "mob"

I'm having way too much fun with this. Bringing up native Americans wasn't a bad thing in my books Remy, it was just an example you wanted to use.

I certainly agree with Dad's point of view about the British, lol, Canadians trained the same way for a lot of years. In the 1880's there was something of a skirmish between the Metis and the Canadians in what is now Saskatchewan. It'll make for some interesting reading for history buffs.

And about native Americans circa the 18th century, here's a link to the thoughts and opinions of a white guy who was doing business with them in 1784. He's got a pretty interesting take on the Iroquois:

http://www.thepeoplespaths.net/histo...anklin1784.htm
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Why thank you Coot,

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Talking You're Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Why thank you Coot,
    I swallowed my pride, but if you're right can't argue with that. I wanted to but couldn't find any holes. Aw, maybe next time
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    A few points here. As far as telling it the way it really was - you rarely do that, but rather spout some gibberish that fits your view of the world. Secondly, you seem to evoke an emotional response from quite a few people, did you ever think it might be you. Lastly, the possibility of anybody being an ***hole for repeating anything that you have said - you actually may be on to something there.
    Actually, I believe you are on to something here, Crash. I evoke a "emotional" response form some people because they think emotionally and view things in the way that they "feel" about it. This usually means that they are not thinking logically and afford themselves to disregard the brass tacts of the truth.

Now, Crash, do you really want to talk about what most criminals look like in Atlanta, Ga or do you want to tell me how you "feel" me even bringing up things that everybody knows but nobody wants to talk about?