Thread: The Mighty Morel!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Mighty Morel!

We actually have a company specializing in teaching, hunting, and selling anything morel related, here in Illinois. They're out of Magnolia, Ill. and they're called "Morel Mania, Inc.". Their web-site, for anyone interested, is www.morelmania.com.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I love hunting for Morels. Grew up hunting them, walk through the woods with my dad and two burlap sacks

did more research about what you said on the morrels being hollow turns out that you are correct (not that i doubted you just always like to confirm info)turn out that catapillars love to hang out inside extra protein i guess thanks for learning me some

Now I'm confused. Which one is hollow and which one is solid?

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    Now I'm confused. Which one is hollow and which one is solid?
    If I'm understanding right, the TRUE Morel is the hollow one. Anyway, those are the ones I've eaten for over 50 years now. Sorry, I forgot you live in Utah, probably don't have any Morels down that way, huh?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

sory let me clarify it is the treu morrel that is hollow, and no not that i have ever scene spiritman correct me if i am wrong although when i lived in the southwest in my 20's i wasn't into the wild edibles the way i am now

Default skunked

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    If I'm understanding right, the TRUE Morel is the hollow one. Anyway, those are the ones I've eaten for over 50 years now. Sorry, I forgot you live in Utah, probably don't have any Morels down that way, huh?
    Nope I've only seen pictures but they intrigue me as much as ginseng. It makes me wonder just how good they are, that they are actually hunted. Almost makes my mouth water just imagining how they could taste
    Last edited by spiritman; 08-04-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I was never good at typing

Blog Entries

Cool The hungry palette!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    Nope I've only seen pictures but they intrigue me as much as ginseng. It makes me wonder just how good they are, that they are actually hunted. Almost makes my mouth water just imagining how they could taste
    People either like 'em, or they don't. I've seldom met anybody who could take 'em or leave 'em, and actually met one guy that wouldn't even try 'em because he thought they looked like little brains. Someone had given him a bag full that he gave me. If you ever get over to the mid-west in early April to mid-may you might try to find some folks to help you out!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

There hollow. here in Michigan morel season is a big deal. Like sping deer hunting i guess. a typical michigan dinner woudl be vennison, morels, and wild leaks. Nothing better

i will agree on that, once in arizona went to hunt camp with a friend that afternoon he took a cow elk his wife cooked up the liver right away with fresh onions and mushrooms was one of the best meals i ever ate(funny how eat and ate have the same letters and yet spelled differently mean something else i cannot think of another word like that)

always be prepared