Thread: SAD that this forum........DIED.

Default SAD that this forum........DIED.

I guess over time everything dies. It is somewhat like going back to the home you grew-up in, and there is only a shell remaining.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There is a reason for this Sourdough.

Starting just before COVID our older and more experienced members began dying off at alarming rate. They were the segment of the forum that kept conversations going and added the bulk of the content.

There were other factors too. Our society has changed since the busy days of the forum.

It may not be happening in Alaska yet, but for the past months the three letter agencies have been knocking on doors and making their presence known to citizens for their Facebook, Instagram, Tic Tock, and forum posts. Also for their on-line purchases. A quick search on You-tube will find you dozens of these encounters.

No one wants to draw attention to themselves, their equipment, their knowledge, or their plans.

What we feared and warned of has come to pass.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well, you gotta admit it’s kinda hard to have a totalitarian regime with people running around with survival skills…

Alan

I would love to post more. But with a wife and three kids it gets hard to find time to go do outdoorsy stuff but I still try to manage. But then I also only have access on my phone now and then it can take forever to try and upload pictures. And a lot of times when I do post, somehow I get frozen out of the forum so I can’t get I with neither Tapatalk, nor the browser. Don’t know what’s going on there… last couple of ventures I’ve really wanted to post. Especially about finding an old Indian Mound deep in the woods built around 1250AD. A little over 30 feet tall and 60 feet wide. No trail to it and surrounded by flood plain. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I moved into town, then moved again.still in town..lost track of some of the forms that I'm a member of.i relocated this one by the way of doing a prepper forums search .
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

For whatever reason, we’ve been unable to contact the forum owner for several years. I don’t know what others are experiencing, but I cannot access the forum using my desktop computer. The only way I can get on in any meaningful way is through my iPad, and I do not enjoy using it to type.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel