Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: purchasing whole wheat

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thank You, Now I have found that my dog, wolfs down the Poultry food (Geese & Turkeys) if he can get the lid off the metal trash can I keep there food in. Well the contents are nearly the same. And not much difference from the Hot multi-grain cereals I eat in the winter.

So the Dog food is $9.95 for 50#, the poultry food is $17.50 for 50#, and BOBS RED MILL 10 Grain Hot Cereal is $600.00 for 50# (Just a guess it comes 25 oz. packs)

So why not go to the feed store and buy one food for all of us.......???? REALLY....???

Banned
    Blog Entries

So is there a mix that works for man and beast, or beast and beast.....?

Thinking 60% ground Corn, 20% rolled oats, 15% course ground Wheat, 5% Flax seed.

What you Thunk...?

Banned

That much corn is too hot (and too expensive) Use more filler. I wouldn't exceed 18% protein total. My dogs chow down on steer grower and finisher as if were candy. Grain and hanging road kill in winter is all they get.

wheat berries are just mature wheat kernels, and are often sold as just whole wheat or whole wheat kernels. try any whole foods/health food store. i've seldom come across the term 'wheat berries' used explicitly except in the context of mushroom cultivation, where wheat and other grains are used for grain spawn production.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

ok found some at the health food store winter red wheat at 1.15 a pound
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

came acroos wheat berries yesterday at the bulk barn i guess you can use them w/o milling them also directions said something about boiling in water yadayada yada and they make a great cereal that way so it was at1.09 a lb so i asked the cute manager if there was a discount for large purchases and he said (jk) and she said yes 20% for buisnesses so i told her i had a wilderness adventer co. she took the name and gave me 20%off on all my purchases from now on my wife just laughs at the way she says i flirt with girls i just say i'm being couteous but heck if she could flirt with the bag boy and get 20% off the grocery i would say have at it
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

WE......It would be interesting if you worked 1/2 a cup over with hammer and rock, or rock and rock, or just grind them between two cinder blocks.

I just put 200 lbs of wheat in 6 gal buckets.

The bucket lids have rubber seals. I drop a few Oxi absorbers in each bucket and snap the lid on. After a few days the lids seem to convex a bit. This tells me I have a air tight seal. Stored this way it a safe for a few decades and then some.

I did corn meal and oats this way too.

I have an elecrtic grinder on order an looking into a hand grinder. I am also looking into ways to use wheat without grinding. Bulger come to mind.

I have flower that TDW got before we got together. This will go in the garden and on my roses. Flower goes stale after 9 months and 12 if it is frozen. I have wheat to grind that should last TDW and I for a few years. Grinding fresh flower makes more sense to me then restocking flower every year.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

I have a Country Living Grain Mill. http://countrylivinggrainmills.com/pricing.html

Good mills are not cheap. The flower comes out as smooths as the store bought flower.

By hand it is work to grind more then what I want to use each time I bake.

I get my wheat berries from the local seed and feed. I have also got it from the LDS cannery. Popcorn for corn meal I get at Sam's Club.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!