Thread: knife trio

nice combination, looks like it would cover a lot. I wonder if the Buck and Kbar are overlapping in function.

well i just found the buck in an old box and fixed it up and was just wanting a few opinions on the combo bad or good replys welcome ya the buck and kabar kinda overlap in there uses but in my opinion a little redundincy is a good thing

watch the trout knife, i lost a cold steel version while wearing under it.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

All three look fine, but I've gotta ask you Warman87....just curious - how many times are you going to post links to the same knives and ask what we think? (OK, the buck was new this time)
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-16-2008 at 06:46 AM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I make my own, how I want the blade shaped, use maple flooring scraps & cherry sealed with super glue. I don't like guards. Get a few basic tools and make what you want, pulling them out of the air is a waste. If I can make working knives anyone can. Get a book or look online for HOW TO
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

I don't like the "trout knife" & the others are, in my opinion, to small. If I'm going to carry a small Buck fixed blade it'd be a Buck Vanguard, which I have one of. That, along with my Victorinox Rucksack would do the same thing all those knives would. Your question displays an alarming lack of knowledge and common sense in the area of knives. Add to that the redundacy of this same question over & over again when it's already been answered a large number of times elsewhere, to me, shows a certain amount of immaturity as well as a lack of confidence. Remember, you did post: "opinions welcome."
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Dag Sarge that was harsh... lol...
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.