Thread: Chinese chopper

Default Chinese chopper

I picked up this cleaver on amazon for twenty bucks. Who knows what the steel is made from. However, you can put a nice edge on it. It’s a little thick for vegetables. Maybe it’ll be alright for bbq.IMG_1593.jpg

But wait! If you buy right now, we'll throw in the Brussel Sprout eradicator. That's right, if walk into the kitchen only to find your wife has bought Brussel Sprouts this little gem will rid you of those nasty vermin...

Seriously, I like a good cleaver and that one looks like it would work well. Besides, Chinese food is always ready in 10 minutes so that should speed up the process.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Me love brussel sprout. You crazy man. You no know what you talk about.

Nice find Rebel.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They are a foreign food! Like, like, Belgian waffles...no, wait, that's a bad example. Hmm. Let's see. Okay, there's something in Brussell's that's really bad. Like chopped eel or a bacon sammich without bacon. Yeah, just like that. Brussell Sprouts rank right in there. Three day old coffee. No, I'd drink that. I'll figure it out.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I would never buy #1 wife a chopper... I'd buy her Brussell sprouts though, but not a chopper....

Alan

Kyrat and I don't get "the look" anymore. "The look" and a chopper would be a moment to seek the back door. That's for certain.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I don't know what the late wife would have thought of a chopper of that magnitude. I do know that she would not allow a "French chief's knife" anywhere on the property. Too Many horror movies in her youth.

She did have a favorite 5" stainless slicer she used for everything. If you hid that she would give you "the look"!

She never stopped being amazed that every knife in the kitchen was always sharp and warned any visitor to the kitchen of such. It seemed an equal shock to the visiting women. It seemed that none of them had grasped the process of raking a knife blade through a ceramic sharpener a couple of times a week. Most of them did not realize there was a sharpener on the side of their electric can opener.

I have to admit that I would give a million dollars to get "the look" one more time.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

"I have to admit that I would give a million dollars to get "the look" one more time."

Well, a big AMEN to that. That's for sure.

My wife would never allow me to sharpen a knife. She was always afraid she would cut herself. A dull knife was a happy wife.

I don't think #1 wife has ever sharpened a screwdriver/pan scraper in her life....

I keep a Lansky diamond hone in the back of the knife drawer. It only has my fingerprints on it...

Alan

I think that both of your wives are looking down and saying AMEN right about now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    "I have to admit that I would give a million dollars to get "the look" one more time."

Well, a big AMEN to that. That's for sure.

My wife would never allow me to sharpen a knife. She was always afraid she would cut herself. A dull knife was a happy wife.
    I only win "the look" as a prize when I do something stupid before my wife can stop me, like the time I "safely" got rid of a poisonous snake using a kettle. I needed to buy another kettle. Glad it was a cheap thing.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

My Mom was a whizz with a knife, but she would have had nothing to do with a "Chinese chopper".

She wanted a slender knife with a 5" blade about 1/2" wide and a contoured handle. She wanted good steel as flexible as a fillet knife. She was particular enough that she would find a favorite and buy two, then bemoan the fact that she knew the company would go out of business before she wore them out and needed a replacement. That was usually a 20 year interval.

She cooked. I mean that she cooked like a country woman and canned and froze food by the ton. She could dissect a whole chicken faster than a ninja! It was nothing for her to cut down 100 dozen ears of corn into nibblits or "cream style" in a morning.

One of the family's great fears was waking up and finding Mom's big Buick not in the driveway on a summer morning. That meant that one of the farm relatives had called her early to tell her the corn was in, or the beans, peas, squash or such. She would return with that car loaded down to smash the springs out, full of veggies, and we had to process them. That dang car would hold 3/4 ton. Her vehicles always had room for three dead bodies in the trunk.

It was her that really taught me to sharpen a knife. She would go through two or three and have me touch them up so she would not have to stop whatever process she was busy with.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Field update, I cut some round steak to make satay. The chopper worked great. There was no effort to slice the beef.

I thought it was a Chinese Chopper,... you know for chopping, uh, ... nevermind...

Alan

Well, he had it done in 10 minutes so there's that.

I used it this afternoon on a pork shoulder in preparation for making brats. It worked great. It was still sharp after cubing eleven pounds.