Thread: New folder

Default New folder

I picked up a new folder yesterday. It’s a esee made in Taiwan with d2. About $35. Just a general purpose in my pocket kind of knife. We’ll see how it works out.

I didn't know that they made folders. When I looked at their site, they boast USA made. I did see a large selection of "ESEE" folders made in Taiwan on another site. The logo is different. I wonder if it is something that the licsensed? Too early in the AM to research it further.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

To the best of my knowledge, ESEE has not made a folder knife, they do have a sister company called Expat that made the Medellin Folder based on one of the ESEE blades.

I called ESEE just now for verification of this, but I just got their voicemail so I am now just waiting for their response to this question.

This one is a brk-r1 zancudo. Their fixed blades are usa made. They licensed these, I guess.
    Anyway I was looking for a d2 blade and these came up.
    Last edited by rebel; 04-20-2023 at 11:11 PM.

They look like nice blades, and the price point is great. Hope it serves you well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am not personally into folders, other than SAKs, but even I have to say that is a nice blade.

They recently made a friction folder called the pinhoti.
    “This American-made folding knife has a 0 degree Scandi Grind with black oxide 1095 steel. Handle is made from sculptured micarta.”
    3C8A6DB2-8E2F-41D1-AA03-1AAABFA4A826.jpg
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

The pinhoti is nice! A little more than I want to pay.
    The rat2d2 has caught my eye for a budget folder. I might have gotten it over mine.
    I put my folder to use yesterday. I sliced summer sausage and cheese for our beach picnic.

Does the pinhoti lock?

The pinhoti does not lock.

It’s a bit more steeper than I’d like to pay for it as well. I’d first try the svord peasant before it.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I could see getting the mini svord peasant for sure.
    Yesterday I was in my tatter patch pulling weeds and using my new folder to cut off the buds. It worked great. A non locking knife like the peasant would have probably been better.
    For my field application I think a fixed blade boot knife would have been the best. Then you’re not lifting your shirt to find the sheath or trying to open and close a knife.
    Last edited by rebel; 04-26-2023 at 04:33 PM.

I lost my folder yesterday. The only place I went was the farm and I didn’t do much. I guess it’s time to order the svord peasant.

Cheese whiz. That only lasted two months. Time to retrace the steps. Track yourself. Hunt that rascal down. They hide. I've had knives and handguns find hidey spots all on their own. Kyrat has too. He'll tell you. They do those things. You cannot let this go. You have to take the upper hand and find it! I needed a handgun case to take to that communist state, Illinois. I opened one and there was an SP101...in the case. Can you imagine? Who stores a handgun in the case? I thought, hey, I've been missing you. I rest my case. Handgun case...get it?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I did. Two and three times for some areas. The mower will probably find it.

My main folding knife is going to complete his 15th "birthday" this year. A friend traded it with me when I was a wild teen. Good old times.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Ah, folder or schmolder? I'll still stay with my Buck 110 Hunter for all the right reasons.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Found it! I can stop pacing around the barnyard like a chicken.

Then it was meant to be yours. A lost knife found is yours for sure. Congrats!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

On a tangent, talking about 'Cheese Wiz" has anyone ever tried using it for fish bait?