Thread: Realistic knife defence against 100% resistance

Default Realistic knife defence against 100% resistance

It was made as a result of many knife terror attacks where I live (Israel).

The video was approved and uploaded by the official page of the Russian Combat Sambo Federation as can be seen in the video's description.

not a working link fyi

It works, you just have to confirm your age. They don't go that high for me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Thanks Rick.

Thanks Rick. As he said you need to confirm your age and that's because of knife terror attack footage.

I'll avaoid to resist agains someone who have a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by johncampbell View Post
    I'll avaoid to resist agains someone who have a knife.
    I would too if I were in Islamabad.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ok, I see what i did wrong, it didnt bring me to the video but rather the legal info page on restricted videos, I clicked the wrong one of the links. Thx Rick

I have family in Israel, along with a friend from US that moved there and got married. All that were born there had joined the military, as required by that country.
    I know it is a very different lifestyle than here in the States, and I am also aware that the Mossad are practically the best trained armed forces in the world, and have been hired and used to teach American forces their counter terrorism techniques.

I mean no offense, but being trained in knife combat, I can tell that you have not been trained by the Mossad in your bare hand knife defense.

Furthermore, I personally would not hold a knife in that manner verses a trained Israel soldier.

With that said, I think that you did a decent job with the film you made, and it was edited well too. Having been in many of these situations, just because someone has survived a knife fight from someone that was not professionally trained does not mean that they could succeed vs. a highly trained person, just realize soemtimes it is better to get the hell out of Dodge than to test who is the better fighter.

My rule.......bring a gun to a knife fight.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    My rule.......bring a gun to a knife fight.
    And the 1911, 45acp was developed specifically at the request of the U.S military to deal with attacks on troops by knife wielding Muslim terrorists.

The 1895 Winchester shotgun proved highly effective also.

You don't end knife attacks by teaching better knife skills.

You end knife attacks by teaching better shooting skills!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

But if you are sitting in the trenches, sooner or later you are going to run out of bullets thus the introduction to the bayonet (well not sole reason but one of them).

NOt all of life consists of ideal situations, I rather be prepared than not. Think of 911 in Pa, members of the plane had to take on the terrorists, and these passengers did not have a gun.

Mac the bayonet was never invented to be a knife. It was invented to be an emergency replacement for a spear. When it was invented the spear was still the primary military weapon and the gun was still in crude development. That was the reason someone decided to stick a knife handle down a gun barrel.

In the present it is mostly used as a general purpose multi-tool with the most dreaded command ringing in an infantry soldiers' ears being "fix bayonets". An average soldier gets about three hours training during his entire career on use of the bayonet, less on fighting with a knife. Units are trained to fix bayonets as a last ditch because "knife fighting" is so ineffective.

To be engaged in a knife fight, without being shot, means that both you and the enemy are out of ammo. I can not remember an instance of that happening in the last 200 years or so.

My training for use of a knife in combat was not in knife fighting, it was in the elimination of sentries and taking out unsuspecting threats before they could make noise and alert anyone. They also taught us how to use rocks, bricks, sticks and commo wire for the same thing.

In the trenches of a modern army the last thing considered is running out of ammo. Ammo is everywhere. The cans are used as a bed in the hooch, the cans cover the floor of every vehicle used as transport, it is in cans, barrels, canisters, belts and preloaded magazines packed in crates. It is accessible on call to every unit and is delivered by truck, hum-vee, helicopter and parachute.

If you are behind the lines and running low on ammo it is time for a well thought out ambush.

If you have been fortunate enough to capture a good supply of enemy ammo you use their stuff until you run out and then use your stuff.

If given a choice an infantry soldier will trade out food weight for ammo weight on any occasion. The actual goal of adopting the 5.56 round was to allow the average soldier to carry more rounds and when on patrols it is not unusual for a trooper to carry 500-1000 rounds. On initial contact, large or small, the first thing the HQ element does is call for full ammo resupply ASAP. You don't replace what you used, you replace it all!

If you are a mounted unit you brought it with you.

Thank God for trucks, not fighting knives.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Mac the bayonet was never invented to be a knife. It was invented to be an emergency replacement for a spear. When it was invented the spear was still the primary military weapon and the gun was still in crude development. That was the reason someone decided to stick a knife handle down a gun barrel.

An average soldier gets about three hours training during his entire career on use of the bayonet, less on fighting with a knife. Units are trained to fix bayonets as a last ditch because "knife fighting" is so ineffective.

To be engaged in a knife fight, without being shot, means that both you and the enemy are out of ammo. I can not remember an instance of that happening in the last 200 years or so.

Where are you getting your information? Your first paragraph is mostly true, but every bayonet since the adoption of center fire rifles, in the USA, have been designed to be a knife. The Krag Jorgensen rifle, our first centerfire bolt action rifle, had a prototype bowie and bolo bayonets which were clearly designed to be used as a knife.

What is the "average soldier"? I got considerably more than 3 hrs of knife training and more than 3 hours of bayonet training. The USMC has a combatives course that includes bayonet, knife, and h2h and is more intensive than a few hrs.

Most military knife fights are not two people out of ammo. It's a guy out of ammo, with a knife, fighting a guy that still has ammo.

200 years? No knife fights in combat?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In December 2004, Marine Cpl. Sean Stokes was clearing a house in Fallujah, Iraq, when he stumbled upon an insurgent hiding under a rug. The two engaged in hand to hand combat, which ended when Stokes beat and stabbed the fighter to death with a World War I-style trench knife.

“I wasn't there but Stokes told me in January 2005 that they were clearing a house and an insurgent was hiding behind a rug,” Patrick O’Donnell, an author and a combat historian who embedded with Lima Company 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines during the Second Battle of Fallujah, told Task & Purpose. “Stokes bumped into it or stepped on it and got into hand-to-hand combat with him. He was able to pull out his M1918 trench knife, which had brass knuckles, and he smashed the guy’s face in with the brass knuckles and stabbed him multiple times.”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On Nov. 10, 2004, during the Second Battle of Fallujah, Army Staff Sgt. David Bellavia and his platoon were ordered to clear a block where insurgents were firing at American forces. As they entered the tenth house, a firefight broke out, and Bellavia was trapped inside with four other soldiers. According to his Silver Star citation, Bellavia, armed with a M249 SAW, entered the room where the insurgents were gathered and sprayed it with gunfire, forcing them to take cover and allowing Bellavia and his men to withdraw into the street.

Alone, Bellavia went back inside the house to clear it. As he entered, he shot an insurgent who was loading an RPG, and wounded another, before taking cover in a bedroom, but he was followed by the wounded fighter, who Bellavia shot and killed. A third enemy fighter began shooting from upstairs, and after a brief but fierce gunbattle, Bellavia killed him too. As Bellavia crossed to another room, a fourth insurgent emerged from a closet. Bellavia shot and wounded him as well, but the man ran past him and up the stairs.

Bellavia tracked the man through the house by following his bloody footprints, and encountered a fifth fighter, who he routed by throwing a fragmentation grenade. He then came upon a room stocked with propane tanks and explosives, where Bellavia encountered the wounded fighter from downstairs. Knowing he couldn’t fire his weapon for fear of setting off an explosion the two engaged in hand to hand combat, which ended with Bellavia slitting the man’s throat with a knife."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popul...ut-30-taliban/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are just in the WOT and there's many more. There's 100's of WWII accounts and 1000's of WWI accounts.

You are giving less than accurate advice to people looking for information that could save their life.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

OK, sorry Winter. I was exaggerating a bit with the 200 year number.

Perhaps I was speaking of my own training. My bayonet training was an afternoon of fun filled excitement stabbing pieces of old car tire. My knife use training was a day of "beat up your buddy" and practice cutting his throat with a rubber knife. Along with practice garroting him and smashing his head with any hard object at hand.

The last Marines I spoke with, my two sons, were restricted to personal knives with a blade no more than 4 inches for general carry and did not see a Kbar or bayonet until they on the ground in Iraq. I hand forged a fighting knife for each of them and they were not allowed on the plane with them to deployment. I had to ship them over in a care package with the beef jerky and Koolaid.

Don't get me wrong, I am a "knife guy", but not a knife fighter. And yes I carried three blades on me while I was out and about doing my duty, and hoped I never had to use any of them. That is why I had a bandolier of mags over my shoulder, 6 more in the pouches and three in the rifle. Always hoping that I could change magazines faster then get out the knife.

Yes, they used knives, clubs and brass knuckles in WW1, and WW2, mostly because they were using either bolt action rifles with a slow rate of fire and reload or M1 rifles with reduced magazine capacity. So were the other guys and apparently everyone managed to dodge between the Browning MG and the MG42 bullets and make it into someone else's trench.

And it could be that in the panic of battle someone forgot that it was just as quick to draw their pistol as to draw their knife.

Many of those "knife encounters" were during the sentry removals and prisoner snatches where knives were used to keep down noise. Even in WW2 we were coming up with some nice silenced firearms to limit those situations.

BTW, You will find that the first bayonet issued for the Krag was a spike. The procurement of those spike bayonets was hindered and the Krag was held up from issue due to their absence. And all of those Prototype specialty bayonets were just that, prototypes that never made general issue. I saw one that doubled as an entrenching tool.

And take into consideration that a knife fight is so rare as to be the basis of a silver star citation when it happens. All the guy had to do was throw the frag in and run like he!!.

I don't think it matters if the training was a few hours or a few weeks. Unless it was followed up with training and drills (some units did and do, some did not and don't) it is nothing more than information, not a skill.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Knife usage for military combat is indeed rare, but so is being lost in the woods and this whole forum is focused on that.

This thread is about knife defense and 1,035 Americans were stabbed to death in 2021. It wouldn't hurt anyone to learn more about it.

Crash, you are aware that most martial arts practitioners focus on a few effective techniques and ignore the majority of the techniques that prove ineffective in use. That's how I would suggest people do knife training. Sparring is the most effective training once you have been introduced to those techniques.

Information is a useful start.
    Last edited by Winter; 04-24-2023 at 12:09 AM.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I don't disagree with that at all. Practice and training are key. Even at 67, and I've been doing it for a long, long time I practice and do shooting drills once a week along with a sprinkled in training class from time to time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ok, so I am confused kyratshooter, where did I ever mention that the Bayonet was intended to be a knife. It is designed to fit over the barrel and have the rifle to be used as a handle. Your spear reference would be a somewhat accurate description of its' use. A previous post was referring to the OP's ability, but the other post had nothing to do with Op, nor knives.

Later both the bayonet & sheath had additional uses such as wire cutting, but still it's primary use was for when one was either out of ammo, or in case of close quarter combat, giving additional distance between the soldier and the enemy.

Personally, I hate Bayonets. I practice knife combat and unarmed combat vs a knife wielding individual, but my most extensive training is with swords. I am also well versed with Foils, & Sabers, and I was also a high-ranking Fencer in HS & College, & was offered a College scholarship at several Universities due to my Fencing ability. Using a rifle with a Bayonet attached, well that type of training I have had a lot more than what is taught in the military, but IMO compared to me having a sword is night and day comparison. I would always choose a sword, preferably a Katana, Wakizashi, Tachi Blade, or Ninjitsu style blade.