Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tatters

Default Tatters

CEA248BA-CE5D-4FB4-A890-2988A691CB98.jpgCEA248BA-CE5D-4FB4-A890-2988A691CB98.jpg
    Trying my hand at growing potatoes. Here’s a pic of two hundred yards. Yea, I’ll be giving some away.

That's a lot of potatoes! Total I have a 50' row of red potatoes and that's more than I can give away... There's always the food bank or farmer's market...

Alan

I did sweet potatoes last year.......they tried to take over the world.

You'll be like "Buba" on Forest Gump explaining all of the recipes....potato soup, potato and cheese, potato with bacon and onions, potato and eggs.............
    Last edited by crashdive123; 04-11-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wow. Spuds galore. Keep your "eyes" peeled for any imi tators.... I know, I know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I actually have around 260-270 yards of tatters. I didn’t include the short row. Whatever is leftover might go to the food bank. I’ll have to check on what is acceptable. Good idea.

Actually, the food bank might be your first stop if they are doing the same program as down here. #1 son was taking his surplus there and they told him they had some "government" money to buy from local produce growers. They were paying $7/#, which is crazy no matter what it is... On that particular day he had about 150# of turnips, beets, greens, and assorted other winter crops. He came home kinda happy, but he said he felt a little bad about getting paid for something he was going to donate... I told him to take another load and get some more of my tax money back!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I did sweet potatoes last year.......they tried to take over the world.

You'll be like "Buba" on Forest Gump explaining all of the recipes....potato soup, potato and cheese, potato with bacon and onions, potato and eggs.............
    Don't forget about Sam from the lord of the rings. He was passionate about tatter's.
    "Boil 'em! Mash 'em! Stick 'em in a stew!"
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

That is a lot of potatoes
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

You could always make a crap load of Vichyssoise Soup with dem potatoes. Served chilled on a bed of ice...Parsley for garnish.

but you are going to have to start planting Leeks for that recipe.

The wife pulled up one plant. She said she could wait to see if there were potatoes on it. We had a couple dinners with home fries.

Home fries are good. Lots of options with that many taters.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What I was doing for a while with some taters was microwaving them up till soft like baked potatoes, mashing them up (skin and all) with a little bit of butter, cheese, imitation bacon bits, diced onions, and whatever other types of small veggies. Add some seasoning, and then baking them as patties in the oven. I absolutely loved them and it was a way to get the kids to eat some other veggies.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Uh, IMITATION bacon bits?

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Forgive him Alan, he's wearing the cape again. He probably just fell off the garage roof and hit his head.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

It may be sacrilege but I’m one of the odd ones and like imitation baking bits better than real ones. I also like turkey bacon better than pork bacon. I’ll still eat either, but just have preferences. About the only thing I’m extremely picky on is condiments and salad dressing. I don’t care for most of either of those.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Imitation bacon bits is like instant coffee. If God hadn't invented the real thing it would be okay but He did and it's not. You cannot have a bacon sammich without grease poppin' and the smell of pork sizzlin in cast iron. Why, you might as well move to some commie country where they eat Borscht or Sticky Tofu. Either one would ensure you were one step too far from the outhouse. Just the thought of imitation bacon brought a tear to my eye.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

According to the Washingtonian, citing a study from researchers at Duke University Medical Center people that prefer fake bacon or any food like substance with the word turkey in it over real bacon are......................just wrong.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

See that? That's scientifical.

A39BCE61-4107-4B80-ADC8-A02A162672FC.jpg

Tatter time. Lets get ready to tatter