Thread: Pest control...?

Default Pest control...?

This is a question for any retired pest control technicians in the house...

If a guy wanted to purchase one of those HD high volume pressure sprayers with the giant hose reel, tank and super duper nozzle and gasoline engine...

Where would he look for the best deal?

He would mount it on a dedicated trailer and use it for the yard, trees, and ranch work...

Alan

This one looks like the one my Bugmobile guy uses...

https://www.solutionsstores.com/50-g...Lw_wcB#156=966

A little pricier than I was expecting... Maybe explore some other options first...

Alan

I think crashdive would be the one to give the info you need.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Check with your local pest control suppliers. Sometimes they know of a company that is upgrading to new equipment. Also look at any local pest control companies that are for sale. This is a tough route since that information is usually a closeley guarded secret until the deal is done.

Check with your state pest control associations. They usually run ads in their monthly magazines for companies selling equipment. https://www.texaspest.org/

You may want to look at a 12 Volt option rather than gas powered. For the amount of use it will probably see, that may be a more affordable option. I did a lot of termite work with a 25 gallon tand and 12 volt raven pump when I was starting out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now see, I never would have guessed that there was a pest control association...

I've got the 12v set up. It works great for spot application. The yard is roughly 4 acres and the gardens take up about 1/3 acre. There's 80-100 trees (I kinda lost count), mostly live oak that are full of those caterpillars, web worms, and such. Two of my sons have yards that are as big or bigger than mine. #3 son told me this morning that they've started seeing ticks. His dogs are on the pill but all the other wildlife that traipses through his place aren't so they end up with ticks anyway. I've got about 6 miles of fence line that I'd like to start spraying to keep the brush out of it not to mention some areas that just need to have the brush knocked out of it a bit.

The 12v set up with a 15 gal tank works but it takes a while. I figure with the larger unit the jobs will get done faster and it could see a lot more use simply because it works better.

This is the forth year we've been in this house and I've had to get the trees sprayed every year. Mostly I just get him to spray closer to the house and it worked great. This year I got him to spray more area two weeks ago and it seems the caterpillars are back with a vengeance... The guy gives me a good deal (I've been a customer for a lot of years) but even at that I've almost bought a sprayer setup by now for what I've paid.

I'll check those sources and see what I can find. Thanks for the advice.

Alan