Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer is coming....right?

Default Summer is coming....right?

I'm getting a bit stir crazy. I need higher temps and some dirt under my feet.

Any need for a poll?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Summer comes earlier here. Garden is mostly planted.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Awww. Geeez. Garden is planted. That is just plain mean. We had snow yesterday. I reserved a spot for my trailer in APRIL and I'm concerned it may still be too cold. We can't do a poll. It's too cold.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

A week ago we had a couple of days were it almost hit 80 degrees. This morning its 25 degrees. Been like that all winter, never had a long period of sustained cold weather.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

It's only 7°C. It's spring. Last snow day is Mama's Day (Snerk. Last snow day. Heh. Haha. AhhhhHaHaHaHaUhhhhHuh....)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

It's 67 outside right now, I'm tired of Winter too...

What I am really tired of right now though is the wind blowing (from any direction) at 25-35 mph all the time... And to be clear, I want it at less than that... not more...

Alan

7 C? I thought you lived in Denver. You tryin' to make us do math or something? F's are the only thing a real American measures in. We'll let it slide this time but no more. Maybe that thin air is gettin' to ya. 7C. Pfffft.

I'm with you Alan. I hate high wind. I can produce a bit from time to time but that's different. Blowin' my well-crafted coiffure around is just plumb annoying.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, we got more snow last night. BUT, it's raining today, so my fingers are crossed. That's mainly arthritis and not superstition, but still.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Wind socks are still parallel with the ground... At least it's blowing all the oak leaves into the neighbors yard...

Alan

You wear weird socks. Ain't it hard to walk like that? I probably wouldn't be so bad if you were in a lounge chair. Being parallel wouln't be so bad then. At least it ain't a pine box. That's a plus wind or not.

Plaid socks aren't weird, even parallel to the ground. They are very hard to wear in the wind though... Perhaps I should take them out of the tree first, I don't know...

Alan

Nah, Rick. When the important feature of weather is when liquid water turns to ice, the freezing point of water becomes relevant. That's 32° F and 0° C. Zero's a lot easier to keep track of. Hiking, I'm fine down to 20° C. Below that, I have to start tracking my P's and Q's.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Hah! Well, my bride said we're moving to Florida when she saw you were in CO, not the weather (much).
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

I expect we'll get at least one or two more blizzards before winter gives up the ghost but you can feel spring trying to peek out!
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

I was going to say that it's warm this morning but 35°F isn't that warm, is it? I keep seeing all these predictions of snow tonight though. NOAA and AccuWeather are saying "no snow". Maybe snow is just for Arvada where I was hiking. That's another thing about the Front Range corridor. You can go ten miles and have completely different weather.

See that? He's talkin' in F's. That's how a true American talks. Atta boy, Wolf. None of that metric crap for us! We're Imperial through and through and we ain't changin'!!!!!!! If it was good enough for the British Royal Society, then it's good enough for...wait a minute, they ain't American.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

And Brit "Imperial" is not the same as American "Imperial".

Their gallons have 5 quarts, their pints are 20oz and they always give their weight by how many rocks they can fit in a sack.

They will tell you that England is the wettest place in the world when Alabama, or most any of the eastern states, gets more rainfall and they will swear that their 0c is colder by far than our 32f! When we hit 25f they are already calling a national emergency at way below zero.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

5 quarts? That's just plain wrong. I ain't even figured out the whole pints thing yet. They probably messed that up too. I should have known. They drive on the wrong side of the road and they eat blood pudding. That's just wrong. Know what I mean? You know what I mean.

Rick... 5 quarts in every gallon instead of 4 quarts in every gallon... Let that sink in for a minute....

or would that be a fifth...?

Alan

I plead the fifth. Is that the same thing? You know, I just realized I'm the same age as old people. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.