Thread: My kind of place

Default My kind of place

Cool.jpg

Yes, it is a real billboard..

I don't know about his prescription inventory, but he has ammo..

I want to say I have actually seen that place. It was a decent sized shop on the outside. Didn’t go in as we were on a trip to Blue Ridge for a train ride.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

And it's next to McDonalds!
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

The website says "Pistols or Prozac. Dispensing Happiness."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Pete Lynch,
    I haven't eaten at Micky D's since pink slime.

Rick,
    Here's the accompanying sign.
    whole sign.jpg
    I have no need for drug induced happiness or a 1-800 number as every time I call the VA, they offer a suicide help number. OTOH, I do have a need for the ability to protect mine and me. But, not from people, our 4 legged neighbors.

I've lived in a few States and on the East Coast and more, Georgia is different, but in a good way.
    https://gon.com/hunting/white-deer-b...-to-back-hunts
    Here, kids hunt and harvest deer, turkey and more. The wildlife management areas have feed plots and the waters are stocked.

The small town nearby is friendly, religious and patriotic which is an unusual combination in today's world. Where we live lacks emission inspections; so, what we call our street car is legal..
    Same as many Vets, I have a baseball hat with some Vietnam militaria on it. Here, I don't wear it much because too many people thank me for me for my service.
    We both have CCW permits because they make buying firearms easier. Here, there is no need as Georgia has constitutional carry, both open and concealed. In addition, except for some churches, there are no firearms not allowed here signs at stores.
    When I moved to Michigan, I left my firearms at my parent's house rather than register them.

That's about the way it is in Indiana. We don't have constitutional carry but you don't need a permit.

As for suicide prevention, sadly, suicide is a real problem and higher among our vets. I would much rather see the VA offer the number than not. Mental health issues go undealt with far too often in this country and they play out in wife and child abuse, alcohol and drug abuse, homelessness, anti-social behavior, mass shootings and ... suicide. I certainly don't have the answer but being aware of others behavior and wanting to help is a good place to start I think.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quite some time ago I joined The Fire Watch which focuses on Veteran suicice prevention. They offer good training to recognize Veterans (and others) in distress. https://www.thefirewatch.org/ Happily (or sadly, depending on how you look at it) I was able to intervene in several suicide attempts and prevent them. They were all before I joined The Fire Watch, but was glad that I was there and able to do something. A couple were while I was on active duty and another in civilian life with a Vet that worked for me. The problem is real, and not just with Veterans.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel