Thread: when you miss a critter with a suppressed .22, it just sits there and you try agsin

Default when you miss a critter with a suppressed .22, it just sits there and you try agsin

as long, that is, as your miss does not kick debris on the animal Dont shoot at birds in the top of a tree. Their falling bodies will scare off the birds that are lower in the tree. Since you dont have to be quite as accurate, your effective range is extended. dont use Stingers or barrels longer than 5", so that 22lr ammo stays subsonic. Learn to hold-shut the .22's slide and run the 'can" wet with WD-40 and water, or with wire-pulling gel, for max suppression. Add a truly modern design can to 3" of barel and you can have a truly quiet, accurate 22 that's no longer than a beretta M9 or 4" K frame 38 Special Smith. 9". OAL.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

A man has to know his limitations. At least you know you are going to miss.

If you were any good the bunny would never hear the first shot, even without a "can".
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Usually, the birds will fly no matter what the order you shoot them. The reason a bullet makes noise when it hits.

"Since you dont have to be quite as accurate, your effective range is extended."

Less accuracy means more misses. It also means wounding game instead of killing it.

You do realize that explaining things to this guy is a waste of breath...ur um...typing. He already has all the answers. He's played all the video games, watched all the youtube videos and all the survivor shows. He's READY.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, when you spend your life playing Call of Duty and World of Warcraft, what do you expect?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

"Since you dont have to be quite as accurate, your effective range is extended."

I'm still thinking about the logistical dynamics involved in achieving the above... Really, the only thing I can come up with is, "I'd like to buy an apostrophe please Pat..."

Alan

If only all of Western NY would tune in to this forum perhaps 35 of them wouldn't have frozen to death in their cars in a Snow storm.... But, they didnot...

Blizzards are a relatively new phenomenon in NY State. Their sudden appearance is no doubt brought on by Global War... uh... Climate Change... If they would just wise up and send Al Gore and Grinnin Greta some more money....

Alan

An apostrophe. I saw what you did there.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    Really, the only thing I can come up with is, "I'd like to buy an apostrophe please Pat..."

Alan

There's a lot more lacking than merely an apostrophe.

Yeah, sometimes when I read through the posts of experts I am amazed at my pure blind luck at staggering through almost 70 years of outdoor living and other activities... I guess I was just blundering just ahead of calamity and chaos...

For me, survival has always been a planned activity, not something that I happened to me... I have purposely stayed clear of places where snow is a thing. In fact places where ice is more than a novelty in winter are places that I don't go, especially in winter... In fact, to me 40 degrees F is TOO cold for me... So, preparation for freezing temps is not even in my knowledge base...

Shooting, Hunting and fishing has been a big part of my life... and I will say with all confidence that the original post in this thread is mostly pure hogwash, apostrophes, or lack thereof, not withstanding...

"Their falling bodies will scare off the birds that are lower in the tree." This statement tells me all I need to know about the poster... The poster is a poser...

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 12-27-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Hey! We've got ice in Florida. Of course, it keeps our drinks cold.......but we still have it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hey! We've got ice in Florida. Of course, it keeps our drinks cold.......but we still have it.
    That's the way it's supposed to be here too, but lately....

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    That's the way it's supposed to be here too, but lately....

Alan
    Same here. Here are a couple of pictures from our stay at the lake over Christmas. Water was dripping at the campgrounds to keep the pipes from freezing.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Pal, you have great chances of scaring off your prey when you miss, even if you use a supressed pellet gun. Animals have a better hearing than we do, they can hear the bullet/pellet/arrow passing by.
    If you want to hunt some birds from time to time, any firearm, be it a .17HMR .22LR, or even ANY pellet gun that can produce an energy of at least 10J (the vast majority of them can do that) will do the job.
    But if you want to FEAST on birds, you need to learn more about trapping.
    Last edited by Deimos; 01-31-2023 at 07:09 AM.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I think old Didnot was grounded and his mom changed the wi-fi password.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?