Thread: compressed dry debris is worth 1 R-value per inch of that debris.

Default compressed dry debris is worth 1 R-value per inch of that debris.

the highest value sleeping pad has an R-value of 7, cause that's all you need. Get 18" of debris and smash it down to 6" thick, get such all around you , with reflective tyvek on the inside, next to you and plastic around the outside and as long as you have bodyfat and food, you'll be in no need of an external heat source.

Where did you find reflective Tyvek? I want some. If it;s cool out, I tend to put one of the heavy duty mylar survival blankets under me and my pad. Works great.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by didnot View Post
    the highest value sleeping pad has an R-value of 7, cause that's all you need. Get 18" of debris and smash it down to 6" thick, get such all around you , with reflective tyvek on the inside, next to you and plastic around the outside and as long as you have bodyfat and food, you'll be in no need of an external heat source.

Actually pads go into the double digits, here is an example of a R value of 10.6, and there are ones much higher than that.

https://www.rei.com/product/171123/e...3816_d2e3710f9

Looks like didnot didnot fully research things that he decided to present to the group.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel