Thread: My best friend died

Default My best friend died

My German shepherd died last Friday morning. He was eight and a half years old. I thought he would live a few more years. I sure miss him.

Sorry for your loss. Some people call them pets, but they are really part of the family.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sorry for your loss, Rebel.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry to hear that Reb.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I don't know if you can lose anyone closer. Sorry for your loss.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Sorry to hear it. Tough thing to go through... They say the best medicine for the death of a dog is a puppy... It's not the same but it is...

Alan

I understand Charlee, our beloved Pitt is 14 years old. As her Vet said it is highly unusual for an 86# Pitt to live that long.
    She is highly protective and with company she is obnoxiously friendly.

The only bad thing about losing a great dog is a little of us dies with them.

Sorry for your loss. My German shepherd (named Bear) died right over a year ago. I miss him too. He knew what animals were ours and to not bother. He even had a chicken for a while that lived in his doghouse with him. And even sometimes you could go out and find him on top of his doghouse and the chicken on top of him. It was just like Snoopy and Freeway from Charlie Brown. Have thought about getting another one but won’t have much time to properly be there for a puppy.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    My German shepherd died last Friday JUST HAD TO COME BACK AND POST SPAM. He was eight and a half years old. I thought he would live a few more years. I sure miss him.
    orry to hear it. Tough thing to go through...
    Last edited by WeltZumerr; 12-16-2022 at 08:46 AM.

WeltZumerr, you are a true slug to pick this post to spam. I knew coming from Slovenia you'd be back to spam but I sure thought you'd have more class than to spam this post. Clearly, I was wrong.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

What a POS.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I thank y’all for your condolences. He was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I thank y’all for your condolences. He was one of the best.
    With all due respect to your loss, German sheperds are a beautiful, strong and loyal breed. Here at Brazil we sometimes use them as police dogs, farm dogs, hunting dogs, etc.
    I hope that you enjoyed your life with your dog, because I'm sure that he enjoyed his life with you.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

I feel for ya Mates, this past Sunday marks the 2nd year of my little buddy passing, and I agree with Crash, they are part of the family. He was sick since the day we got him, & last 5-6 years of his life he was at the Vet twice a month for a routine medical procedure, so at the time of his passing, the Vets & techs that have worked on him over the years, shared tears & a sense of loss as well.

It is going to hurt Rebel, for quite some time, but hold on to the memories, & again sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss! A good dog really is part of the family.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Câmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

I'm in my mid-seventies and this thread caused me to look back over my life and remember all my dogs.