Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How would you make these

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    not me; i'm a sharpie...
    Nah,you just think you are sharp(ie)LOL
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

no, like crayons, i now come in every color, i'm just harder to get rid of dontchaknow
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    no, like crayons, i now come in every color, i'm just harder to get rid of dontchaknow
    Ah yes,I have a 21 month old grandson,I know this very well,the poor walls tell an interesting story,I just haven't deciphered it yet!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

im 1/2 british on my dads side , 1/2 chech and 1/2 polish on my moms side (with some itallian blood too though i dont know where it came from) my great great grandfather on my dads side was royalty when he came to canada. now my moms side was pesantry , my grandfather and all his brothers killed soviets and nazis there entire youth untill they came to canada in 1959. my grandfathers one brother would always tell me about how he would set beartraps on all the roads and watch as soilders lost there feet, poison there food , he told my one time he was hiding under a bush with a single shot blot action .22 , he saw a soilder and shot his knee from 100 yards, waited for more to came and save him , then kill them too, the most dangerous person iv ever met. on my dads side in the 1600's we were pirates or something im not rly sure , but my moms side is bloody enough for the both of em.

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Lebowski View Post
    TOM BROWN I SAY AGAIN TOM BROWN! ANyone serious about Bushcraft MUST have all of the books in his series. Al the basic traps, snares, fishing and hunting tecniques are there. For instence...forming a channel with sticks posted into a stream to funnel fish, frogs, and turtles into a tiny shallow holding area so you can bash them, spear them, or catch them with your hands.

Why fish with a piece of bone hook when you have dynamite?
    !st off just let me say that there are mnay authors of "Bushcraft" type books out there: Mors Kochanski, Cody Lundin, J. Wayne Fears, John "Lofty" Wiseman,
    Paul Tarwell...And any older Boyscout Handbook and Field Manual teaches many of the same things you just mentioned. I checked out one of Tom Brown's books from the library but didn't care much for it. it taught the same thing the others teach. Also I 2nd what Beowulf posted!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

1st off. Where the heck you been? Good to see you back.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yea,this time,I agree with Rick

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

This time? What the?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just kidding,dont have a cow man!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Just kidding,dont have a cow man!
    He Da' Wolf of course he is going to have a cow, Ha Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Lebowski View Post
    TOM BROWN I SAY AGAIN TOM BROWN! ANyone serious about Bushcraft MUST have all of the books in his series. Al the basic traps, snares, fishing and hunting tecniques are there. For instence...forming a channel with sticks posted into a stream to funnel fish, frogs, and turtles into a tiny shallow holding area so you can bash them, spear them, or catch them with your hands.

Why fish with a piece of bone hook when you have dynamite?
    I have a post-secondary education, so I can read fairly well. I just wanted to point that out because I want to add: I know how to fish, hunt, trap, survive in near-Arctic winter cold, and 80-100F summer heat and I have a couple other survival skills too. I've never read Tom Brown's or anyone else's survival books.

I know how to use dynamite, I've never used it to catch fish. It's always amazed me how people get all pee-their-pants excited about how many dead fish float to the surface, they have no idea how many other dead fish sink to the bottom. It's mindless and I've discouraged several of our younger members from attempting it because I've also seen what can go wrong using dynamite.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by the edge View Post
    Ok in a worst case scenario how would you make a bow and arrow to hunt?
    In a worse case scenario I'd use the same technique as we did as kids.
    I'd start with a strong tree branch or piece of wood about three to five feet long. I'd then tie my boot lace to one end, after notching the wood, and the then notch the other end.
    Next bend the bow and tie the other end of the dowstring, boot lace, to the other end thus creating a functional bow.

Now as far as an arrow is concerned, any long, streight,pointed stick or rod should suffice. You should be sure that your intended arrow is longer than the bow's draw depth.

This should give you a survival bow and arrow to fish with or even as a means of personal protection from both animal and human predators.
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Survival is the art of steeling one's desire to overcome and surpass any situation with nothing more than personal will and fortitude.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    I have a post-secondary education, so I can read fairly well. I just wanted to point that out because I want to add: I know how to fish, hunt, trap, survive in near-Arctic winter cold, and 80-100F summer heat and I have a couple other survival skills too. I've never read Tom Brown's or anyone else's survival books.

I know how to use dynamite, I've never used it to catch fish. It's always amazed me how people get all pee-their-pants excited about how many dead fish float to the surface, they have no idea how many other dead fish sink to the bottom. It's mindless and I've discouraged several of our younger members from attempting it because I've also seen what can go wrong using dynamite.

My friend, I have to agree most hole heartedly with you on this matter.
    Catfish, frogs, turtles, molesks, and a great number of other creatures, all of which could become future food for you, GONE! with just one stupid act.

If you want to blow something up, then go and join E. O. D..
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Survival is the art of steeling one's desire to overcome and surpass any situation with nothing more than personal will and fortitude.