Thread: Do you have a crossbow? Or maybe a bow?

Cool Do you have a crossbow? Or maybe a bow?

Good evening, my friends! How are you guys doing today?
    So, as you guys know, I currently have 2 crossbows at my house.
    The first one is the real deal. It has 200lbs and it's a REAL PAIN to cock and load, since I don't have that serving rope.
    But I can do It, and with this crossbow I killed a feral hog last month.
    The second crossbow is intented for small game hunting, and belongs to my wife.
    She has a deep fear of handling firearms and even airguns, but here we can see her FIDDLING with her crossbow in childlike joy
    In the last picture you guys can see her first shot, she didn't even waited until the morning to test it, she just went to our garden and fired at a tree. We tried to take the bolt out of the tree, we even breaked the bolt but it won't come out, that little weapon does pack some punch!
    Well, do any of you guys have a crosbow? Or maybe a bow?And can we see some photos?
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Sorry Deimos, in the present political climate in our country I have stopped showing anything I own on the internet, especially as part of a list of equipment.

Lets just say I am adequately supplied with both bow type missile launchers.

Of course that does not include the ones I keep in reserve, growing in the fence row out back, that can be harvested and turned into usable instruments within a few hours.

Here's a tip for you. It might help your crossbow cocking situation. Get yourself an old ratcheting tie down strap. The kind with a good sized hook on each end.

https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb...ratchet+straps

Wind that thing down until you have just enough to go around your waist and have about 20cm extra.

Wrap it around your waist and secure one hook, and hook the dangly part to the crossbow string. Put your foot into the stirrup of the crossbow, on the ground, and stand up using your legs to cock the crossbow.

Due to having a very bad back that is the only way I can cock a heavy #pull crossbow without requiring a trip to the hospital.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Sorry Deimos, in the present political climate in our country I have stopped showing anything I own on the internet, especially as part of a list of equipment.

Lets just say I am adequately supplied with both bow type missile launchers.

Of course that does not include the ones I keep in reserve, growing in the fence row out back, that can be harvested and turned into usable instruments within a few hours.

Here's a tip for you. It might help your crossbow cocking situation. Get yourself an old ratcheting tie down strap. The kind with a good sized hook on each end.

https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb...ratchet+straps

Wind that thing down until you have just enough to go around your waist and have about 20cm extra.

Wrap it around your waist and secure one hook, and hook the dangly part to the crossbow string. Put your foot into the stirrup of the crossbow, on the ground, and stand up using your legs to cock the crossbow.

Due to having a very bad back that is the only way I can cock a heavy #pull crossbow without requiring a trip to the hospital.
    I think that I will buy this thing, then.
    I don't think that I will use It soon, since I'm good handling heavy weigths and I'm not planing to let anyone but me use my crossbow. But there is always some days when you don't wake up feeling good, rigth?

kyratshooter,
    That was excellent advice.

With America's drug addicts; in many areas, they break into storage sheds and steal whatever they can pawn for cash.

All his life my father kept his firearm's in a glass front gun cabinet. After, they retired, they went camping for months a lot. That is when he started removing the bolts etc. from firearms when they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    kyratshooter,
    That was excellent advice.

With America's drug addicts; in many areas, they break into storage sheds and steal whatever they can pawn for cash.

All his life my father kept his firearm's in a glass front gun cabinet. After, they retired, they went camping for months a lot. That is when he started removing the bolts etc. from firearms when they were gone.
    Here at Brazil we have a "castle doctrine". If someone step into my property, I will call the police. After gunning them down.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

My area also has "Castle doctrine", which is one reason I do not show any firearms on social media, and this is a social media platform, open to the public.

Even if you are not arrested for defending your property, the family of the thug you shot can sue you for wrongful death or mental anguish. All of those pictures of your gear in "bragging photos" on Facebook, Tic-Tok and Instagram, and even your personal telephone, are admissible in court in an attempt to prove you are a weird and dangerous person.

It is not an irrational fear, it is a certainty! It happens every day.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    My area also has "Castle doctrine", which is one reason I do not show any firearms on social media, and this is a social media platform, open to the public.

Even if you are not arrested for defending your property, the family of the thug you shot can sue you for wrongful death or mental anguish. All of those pictures of your gear in "bragging photos" on Facebook, Tic-Tok and Instagram, and even your personal telephone, are admissible in court in an attempt to prove you are a weird and dangerous person.

It is not an irrational fear, it is a certainty! It happens every day.
    I understand your point. But...
    That's not how things work here.
    There is a limited number of reasons why you can sue someone. It's not the same as the US.
    My paternal uncle already gunned down some thugs in the past, and since I personaly took care of his case as his lawyer I can assure you that the only thing that the family of the thief could do was mourn him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I understand your point. But...
    That's not how things work here.
    There is a limited number of reasons why you can sue someone. It's not the same as the US.
    My paternal uncle already gunned down some thugs in the past, and since I personaly took care of his case as his lawyer I can assure you that the only thing that the family of the thief could do was mourn him.
    The way it should be. Our justice system could learn a thing or two from your area.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The way it should be. Our justice system could learn a thing or two from your area.
    We also have a long way to go, crash. Brazil is far from perfect and a lot of people end up moving to other places, some even to the US. But since I love my small town, I decided to stick around.
    Also, how should I hide the fact that I own guns when I'm an active member of the community? I'm always helping my neigbours and friends to get into the sport - target shooting, clay pidgeon shooting and plinking. They all know me as the guy who can help you when you want to get started into shooting or hunting.

Here at Brazil we have a "castle doctrine". If someone step into my property, I will call the police. After gunning them down.
    Here, we have the castle doctrine and also stand your ground meaning no obligation to retreat.
    We also have constitutional carry, open or concealed without a permit. We both have concealed carry permits because it makes it easier to buy a firearm. Usually when buying any firearm, the store will call the FBI NICS E-Check System who checks to see if the buyer has a criminal record. With a concealed carry permit, I show it and there's no check in Georgia for any firearm. I can buy rifles or shotguns in most states. Pistols are different.

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    Here, we have the castle doctrine and also stand your ground meaning no obligation to retreat.
    We also have constitutional carry, open or concealed without a permit. We both have concealed carry permits because it makes it easier to buy a firearm. Usually when buying any firearm, the store will call the FBI NICS E-Check System who checks to see if the buyer has a criminal record. With a concealed carry permit, I show it and there's no check in Georgia for any firearm. I can buy rifles or shotguns in most states. Pistols are different.

I almost never open carry, only when I'm at the range, hunting or dealing with intruders.

I almost never open carry, only when I'm at the range, hunting or dealing with intruders.
    Same here, why would I want anyone to know I am carrying a firearm?

The only times I open carry is when riding on the buggy (side by side) ATV or hiking in the forest. On the buggy, I have a chest holster and when hiking, a regular holster.