Thread: cheaper than dirt molle sling bag

Default cheaper than dirt molle sling bag

what's everyone's opinion on the cheaper than dirt molle sling bag. looks like a slight knock-off of maxpedition monsoon. i am considering buying this bag instead of monsoon (price) so i would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavmp77 View Post
    what's everyone's opinion on the cheaper than dirt molle sling bag. looks like a slight knock-off of maxpedition monsoon. i am considering buying this bag instead of monsoon (price) so i would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me on this.
    Wait and save a little more money and get the maxpedition monsoon, if that's what you really want. They last along time, so consider that.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

1stcavmp77 - I have not tried the cheaper than dirt molle sling bag, but I do have several Maxpedition bags. I love em.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have quite a collection of tactical nylon. If you are looking for some "less expensive" gear I'd look over to US Cavalry. They carry a much better line and you are pretty well assured you are getting quality. I do alot of business with CTD but I have bought some real disappointing products. I have bought some of their no-name nylon and had less than stellar results.

If you are looking for some quality gear at a bargain price look over on AR15.com at the equipment exchange. They have a milspec clothing and gear section. Since every queen over there needs all their gear in Multicam now, there is a lot of great woodland and desert pattern stuff moving cheap.

the problem is money

1stcav - as I said earlier, I have not used the CTD molle sling bag, but here is a source for them that is cheaper than cheaper than dirt (always wanted to say that) http://stores.ebay.com/CheaperThanDirt-Com-Store
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What use do you want for a pack? Daily carry of basic items or for big hauling?

daily edc multitools other edc gear. probably not anything real heavy. i have an alice pack for that.

http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

Try this one out, very afforable and definately sturdy enough. All I ever used before this was Max. Jumbo Fatboy, this one works better , for me atleast. Especially for the price. I have used it for some time now, every day, home or work.

Looks like a pretty good buy for $29.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

now see that's basically a man-purse and i'm looking for a sling bag. kinda ironic as most of the edc gear i plan on getting is going to be county comm gear. i like how the one guy set up all his edc gear on the mechanics key ring. that's pretty much what i'm going to go with. that and a few other items such as a versadriver toolkit, gerber flik, probably a 100 ft hank of 550 cord, a basic first aid kit, couple different ways to make fire, a poncho and if i could figure out an easy way to carry it i'd probably add a versa-shelter to it. course be kinda goofy to carry one of those on my person every where i go when i live in such an urban setting, getta a lot of funny looks. so for now i'll probably just go with the ctd sling bag and savemy money for the monsoon gearslinger. concealed weapon's carry is going to figure into the equation when i get the money to do so and the bag i have my eye on has two pockets designed for just that. plus i'm going to be going to college in the fall so i'm sure it is also going to be pressed into service as a book bag. anyway thanks for the info. as much ubercool gear as county comm makes they need to come up with a sling bag to carry it all in.

If you need a shoulder sling bag I would go with the Fatboy, but for the size the cc bag holds three or 4 times more. and has a huge hidden CCW pocket with a universal holster included. One thing I really like is the outside pockets several of them will fit an item perfect, as in one for fixed blade knife, one for light, etc, plus the adjustable water bottle holders on each end. That said , some of my bud's use sling bags.

I have bought several diffrent bags from cheaper than dirt and I cant say I have been to impressed. Maybe its just my luck but the ones I have gotten (smaller molly bags) have had bad stitching OR have been almost nothing like the catalog depics. I dont shop there anymore.
    Some times things that go bump in the night....get bumped back!!!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/medium-m...ault-pack.html

Here is a good price if you are still looking.

Default CC bail out bag

Quote Originally Posted by bladefrenzy View Post
    http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

Try this one out, very afforable and definately sturdy enough. All I ever used before this was Max. Jumbo Fatboy, this one works better , for me atleast. Especially for the price. I have used it for some time now, every day, home or work.
    I carry one daily and am VERY pleased with it...especially considering price
    I carry a Kimber, 2 mags in belt slide, ?Surefire Notrolon, and few FAK items, 1 liter Nalgene, daily lunch, folder knife , spare flashlight batteries, multi tool with room to spare
    Come with Me If You Want To Live