Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 101 Survival Tips

I refuse to enter into the frenetic and peripatetic battle of the F's & P's that are duly disruptive diversions in deviating the discussion's directive with demonstrative discord. Ahem.

That aside, on the lens issue for fires ... I always carry a small Fresnel lens (plastic). The one I primarily use is 2" x 1.5" and weighs next to nothing. Free at most pharmacy counters when filling a prescription (try Target pharmacies). You can also obtain larger versions for free from most optician, ophthalmologist, and optometrist offices. I also have a large plastic Fresnel lens for long distance flash photography. Both the small and the large lenses will start a fire on a sunny day very easily. The large one for photography will start a fire incredibly fast. There is a warning label with it about setting it down in direct sunlight or shooting with it pointed anywhere near the direction of the sun. It will burn a hole through the flash unit.
    "Squirrels are just rats with better PR." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I refuse to enter into the frenetic and peripatetic battle of the F's & P's that are duly disruptive diversions in deviating the discussion's directive with demonstrative discord. Ahem.
    Darn dude, did didactic diversions direct you to deletions? Don't do diddly, doing derivatives distracts from dull discourse.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Didn't dad direct dialogue delete "dudes"? Dad demands dissidents disappear! Don't dally.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Dad's domination's done. Don't delete dialogues...demand dictionaries, do in duress!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Dadgum, did dad disown? Dad did disclose dagger. Didn't discover derringer. Dangerous, deadly dickens disappeared. Don't defy dad!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Don't despair, Dad's delirium diagnosed. Decidely different ..dispensing with derringer and daggers.

Here's some more info to explain why near-sighted or far-sighted glasses don't or do work. Being near-sighted, it makes sense why I have to use a drop of water. The reading glasses make sense as well. If we ever get a sunny day again (lot's of rain this past week) I'll try my glasses without the water but use the bi'focal lense to focus the beam. Last time I did this I wasn't wearing bi-focals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcHODSUh3W8
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bi convex. I knew that. I did! I knew that. That Kiki has it going on, eh?

I presume that's why the old jewelers loop I found works great. It's small, so focuses well. It's not a treated lens, and they have extremely powerful magnification. I also like that they're very small, light weight, fold into itself for protection and are made to wear around your neck already. And I got it for $5.... But like everything else, there must be different models and grades of magnification. SO the search is on for the best one made!
    Last edited by Gray Wolf; 07-19-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Oooops, held it the wrong way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

I can see it now.....

Hey Gray Wolf - is that a bigger backpack?

Yup.

Why'd you get a bigger pack?

To carry all of my new jewelers loops - hope I find the best one out there, or else I'm gonna need a bigger pack again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel